Deleted

Ultraxion 10m bug or intended mechanic

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the Ultraxion 10man normal mode fight.

As stated in a lot of guides and within the dungeon journal. During hour if twilight you´d have 1 raid member soaking the damage so the NPC´s wont die.
    We did the fight monday and had a few problems here and there with peoples timings. After that was sorted we had a rotation with our hunters and the pally tank for hour of twilight. Which i guess most people do...

But, - and oddly enough, our druid tank hadn´t been listening during the explanation before the fight and thought the tank always had to soak hour of twilight. So despite our hunter/pally rotation he stayed in there.

At first we laughed about it and found it quite amusing that he hadn´t heard about it But the odd thing is...

On the next go (our kill aswell) we tried just having him stay in there as he seemed accustomed to it by then ^^ and here comes the possibility of a bug..
    When in there, he lost zero health... it says 300k unresistable shadow damage and yet only 50% of the time he actually took damage, and when doing so, it was only roughly 60-65% of his health which was quickly up again once healers came back to twilight realm..

It might just be that normal mode i that redicously easy (a lot of people say so..) but we found it quite funny still, that we could completely ignore the mechanic.

Anyone else had this? or am i just out of the loop and everyones already doing it so

insane

Ignore mechanics = ban exploit cy@. Oh wait..

Deleted
    If he uses a tank cooldown it will be reduced - unmitigated means full resists are not possible. However, that he managed to completely avoid damage seems wierd. Also, you did it with one tank? I thought there was a stacking debuff on the tank that required you to use two tanks and rotate.

I saw a similar thing to what OP said watching towlee Druid tank on his stream. Any explanations?
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Druids can stack a high amount of absorbs on themselves through critting. If the other tank was tanking so the druid wasn't getting hit the absorbs could stack very high. Add in a bubble from a priest and some holy pally mastery and a few tank cooldowns and you can sit at 100% hp. Our prot pally stayed at 100% HP numerous times just from Disc priest bubbles and stacked cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyos View Post
    If he uses a tank cooldown it will be reduced - unmitigated means full resists are not possible. However, that he managed to completely avoid damage seems wierd. Also, you did it with one tank? I thought there was a stacking debuff on the tank that required you to use two tanks and rotate.
    Try reading it again. He said he had a paladin tank and a druid tank.

You can't base a mechanic in 10 man raid around certain class being present (in this case it's class with immunity). According to your logic the fight should be undefeatable for our raid since didn't have any paladins or hunters, just 1 mage that could go immune. It's intended to be survivable with usage of any survivability cooldown, not just immunity.

We had the current tank eat it without any issues.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2011-12-07 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Why have any other classes soak? Tank CDs are halved, you can actually solo tank it (tricky but doable), there's certianly no need to saok it with anything other than tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    You can't base a mechanic in 10 man raid around certain class being present (in this case it's class with immunity). According to your logic the fight should be undefeatable for our raid since didn't have any paladins or hunters, just 1 mage that could go immune. It's intended to be survivable with usage of any survivability cooldown, not just immunity.

We had the current tank eat it without any issues.
    I didn´t mean for it to sound like you HAD to use hunters, rogues, mages or other classes with immunity skills able to soak the damage We had planned to do it that way as that is how we heard other people were doing it, so that was our reference point. Besides, we had 2 hunters, a mage and 2 paladins in the raid with cooldowns ready.

But yeah, he did use barskin here and there, but thats 20% off and thus i wondered how he completely avoided it.
    The mention of the druid mastery comes to mind, but stacking it that high... hmm ^^ i´ll have to check tomorrow.

For the ones unaware of the setup we used;

tanks :
    druid
    pally

dps :
    hunter
    hunter
    mage
    warlock
    shaman

heal :
    pally
    druid
    priest

But yeah, i was really just wondering as it seemed amusing. The explanations with priest shields, pally mastery and the druids own mastery makes sense, - and things i for reasons unknown forgot about

I blame it on the fact i´ll be sitting the next 3 days in a tent in the middle of a field with only my laptop and 3G... wooptidoo...

But thanks for the replies, it cleared things up

Deleted
    perhaps it has the same principle as RL hypnosis - it works only if you believe in it. the druid didn't know about it, so it done nothing to him xD

Deleted
    Our Pally tank was being a complete noob and died twice on our first kill, with our feral tanking the last 25% or so solo.

His main concern was Fading Light - as it would leave no one there to tank - but we have plenty of classes to take Hour of Twilight (shadow priest, rogue, mage and possibly another pally?).

For this fight, ferals have: Natural reactions (18% damage reduction), perseverance (6% spell damage reduction), Barkskin (20% for 24s every 30s!) and Survival instincts (50% every 90s). That's at least 38% reduction every time it's needed and sometimes 61%. So on normal at least, it's not unreasonable for a bear to survive this, although I don't know about taking no damage.

whats his dodge rating at? prob pretty high

15+ Year Old Account
    World of logs isn't picking up Hour of twilight as anything atm. No damage received is listed so it's hard to analyze. But your druids shields would not absorb spell damage, it's physical only.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    25m we used:
    war tank, me x7
    DK tank, x7
    spriest, hunter 1, spriest, hunter 2, spriest, hunter 1, spriest

Our DK tank takes very little dmg. I myself took 40%/70% hits.

OT: The day before we used 3 tanks for fun and giggles ( we had arround 3 tries on him before raid end ). Our 3rd tank the druid wsa simply there eating hour of twilight.
    He aswell stayed a 100% nearly every hour of twilight!.

It was insane really.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    I don't really understand.. what's the fuss about again? ..
    Ofc the fight is made so that 1 tank soaks the damage while everyone else hides.. .. daa ...
    What we did.. we made one of our tank (a paladin) be the MT .. the other (feral drood) being the off tank... the feral drood taunts the boss if the main tank gets the debuff.. which explodes.. so the MT needs to change realms to not explode then come back.. taunt the boss off again.. simple.. there is no other real reason why you need 2 tanks.. simply if the MT gets the debuff on him.. the OT taunts off.. while the MT goes in the other realm.. but the hour of twilight thing or w/e.. everyone except the MT pushes the button.. then comes back and heals up the tank.. the tanks have their CDs shorter cuz of a buff.. so one tank can easilly use his main CDs every time ..

Deleted
    pala tank can bubble or use AD and the bear would then have taken the hit and pala the large hit. (providing bear got aggro before he did cast)

I have bubbled and stayed in with our druid tank tanking before with no issues just use AD/bubble like i said.

Deleted
    > World of logs isn't picking up Hour of twilight as anything atm
    It's logical, if the logger is one of the guys phasing every Hour of twilight / Fading light.
    Get your main tank to do a separate loggin, and you'll actually see the damage he's taking from it.