Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigroll View Post
    Tankpets exist for a reason. Nuff said
    Agreed.
    Blizzard made those tanking pets, so we are able to have them tanking for us. Why not use them for their purpose in game?
    I am highly impressed if Exodus did kill Ultrax with a pet tank - That is not banable imo, as they really didn't exploit anything.
    Fading Light not targeting pets - Well, that ain't excatly our problem nor Exodus'.
    It's not like we start preffering Turtle tanks over real players, but if that is the only way to bear the enrage timer, then you got my vote.

Kudos to you!

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    It might have been.

There's at least one other guild saying Fading Light doesn't hit pets. Removing the Fading Light mechanic is kind of a big exploit.
    They aren't removing it - The players still have to use Heroic Will. The only other difference is the non-needed offtank. Shit happens.
    If that is Blizzards intention, then make a debuff stacking up on the tank, and if he didn't get hit for some time, he will at some point have a 100% chance of being affected with Fading Light - Pet or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    They aren't removing it - The players still have to use Heroic Will. The only other difference is the non-needed offtank. Shit happens.
    If that is Blizzards intention, then make a debuff stacking up on the tank, and if he didn't get hit for some time, he will at some point have a 100% chance of being affected with Fading Light - Pet or not.
    Yet another reason on how little does Blizzard think when designing encounters - "Oh we didnt thought of that. It never happened in the past!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    IF blizz nerfs Turtles, ppl will simply use Beetles :P

Still, if Turtles were the ONLY tank, how the hell did they hold threat? I have to personally think there was some sorta person building up enough threat so that the turtles could taunt and haz many threats.

Chances are, Blizz will nerf pet Taunt instead of Turtle
    Well, with 2 hunters and 3 rogues using missdirection and tricks of the trade the turtle might be able to hold the threat.

Deleted
    Aren't pets already unable to taunt raid bosses?

Tae, you are now my favourite hunter after visiting your forums.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    The fact that most of you fail to understand is, by using a turtle to tank the boss you avoid the debuff "Fading Light" on the tanks as pets can't get it, it is cheating plain and simple, it's is not clever, it is flat out cheating.

I have no problem with pets tanking something legit, but when you use it to get around the intended fight mechanics, that is wrong.
    It's not cheating, fading light still is cast on random raid members, just not tank

Didn't a turtle tank heroic sindy too back in wrath?
    I love pet tanks.

And people seem to want to jump on every screw up blizz might have... as if they had to be perfect or the world would split in two...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taengoo View Post
    Tae, you are now my favourite hunter after visiting your forums.
    <3 and because I'm your favorite I'll give you the secret
    http://i.imgur.com/WoGky.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    It's actually in the game files? Awesome
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by snsdyoona View Post
    Get this dirty photoshoped pic out of here.

real pic = http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8695/wogky.jpg

You are extremely talented with Paint, have you ever considered a career in it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Why is everyone congratulating them when it's looking more and more like Fading Light doesn't affect pets, which is a clear-cut exploit? If this is the case, expect some intervention from Blizzard.

If this was legit, just a straight-up pet tank and some very talented healers, then by all means grats are in order. But until we get confirmation from another guild on H Ultraxion, color me suspicious.
    This is the first time I've heard about it on this fight, but even if they used a turtle and the turtle doesn't get fading light. Depending on how they did it, it could still not be considered an exploit.

Here's how. Tank A = Real player and Tank B = Turtle. Tank A tanks the boss like normal and gets "Fading Light". Once he gets it Turtle Tank taunts the boss and starts tanking. Once Tank A has popped his button and returned back to the fight he taunts back and continues tank. Now, Fading Light says you can't generate threat for 10 seconds. All you have to do is chain taunt as Tank A to keep getting aggro back and once you are able to generate threat a taunt will place you above the other tank which from the free chain misdirects a hunter can do the pet will have plenty. You rinse and repeat so only Tank A gets the Fading Light buff ever and the turtle never has to worry about it.

If the above method was used, then it is very creative and glad someone has thought of it and actually went through. Always thought of the idea, but never had a means to execute it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolisa View Post
    Aren't pets already unable to taunt raid bosses?
    Tank pets will the beatles, turtles or bears have a talent-based taunt that orks just fine on (raid) bosses... on a 3 min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Penicillin17 View Post
    I've seen the kill vid and it appears to be a 2 turtle tank rotation.
    I think this should be posted in pretty much every wow thread discussing any boss, ever.

And then whatever game comes after wow.

Tthere are many precedents where Blizzard specifically does not want pets to mt bosses. Especially a one-mob gear check boss.

Sartharian - they stopped the voidwalker. Ironcouncil, they stopped it there. Domo they stopped the turtle.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-12-07 at 09:04 PM.

Didn't Blizzard JUST change a mechanic in H-Rag because people were utilizing a way to avoid or negate a particular mechanic by standing in a particular formation? Whoever is tanking with a hunter pet is doing the exact same thing, but in a different context (and, admittedly, in a way that is probably more useful). It's not cheating - that is, unless Fading Light is SUPPOSED to hit pets, but isn't. And I highly doubt that, as pets would have no way of leaving the Realm of Twilight. Ergo, while we might see some Blizzard intervention, it would more likely be on the side of adjusting the fight rather than punishing the players (but considering how many people are actually going to USE this tactic, alongside with Blizzard's response to players' trivializing a mechanic in H-Rag - they don't like to make content harder after it's already out - this also seems a little unlikely).

That is, of course, presuming that we haven't all just been trollolol'd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    what i wanna know is how long other guilds are gonna try to "turtle-tank" ultraxion before they either:

A) get world 2nd kill
    or
    B) realise they got trolled hilariously and wasted a lot of raid time
    This, so much. They'll get to a point where they say "guys, mmo-c trolled us soo bad, lets go back to the old strat..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is the first time I've heard about it on this fight, but even if they used a turtle and the turtle doesn't get fading light. Depending on how they did it, it could still not be considered an exploit.

Here's how. Tank A = Real player and Tank B = Turtle. Tank A tanks the boss like normal and gets "Fading Light". Once he gets it Turtle Tank taunts the boss and starts tanking. Once Tank A has popped his button and returned back to the fight he taunts back and continues tank. Now, Fading Light says you can't generate threat for 10 seconds. All you have to do is chain taunt as Tank A to keep getting aggro back and once you are able to generate threat a taunt will place you above the other tank which from the free chain misdirects a hunter can do the pet will have plenty. You rinse and repeat so only Tank A gets the Fading Light buff ever and the turtle never has to worry about it.

If the above method was used, then it is very creative and glad someone has thought of it and actually went through. Always thought of the idea, but never had a means to execute it.
    Fading light does not have a threat mechanic in heroic mode. The ENTIRE point of turtle tanking this would be to avoid using a tank at all, since pets are not killed by the twilight realms and cannot get the debuffs. The only tank would be the turtle and they would swap the two tanks for strong DPS. Lastly if your idea was stupid enough, pets CAN NOT taunt a boss level mob. The turtle would have to have threat from start to finish as there is ZERO way of getting it back

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me that you could possibly consider a Pet tank to be an exploit.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I am only curious whether it's actually true.

And it isn't exploiting. It's not even "clever use of game mechanics". It's just tank pet tanking.