Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daizeyyy View Post
    inb4 turtle gets banned
    Haha this made me laugh wouldn't surprise me though, didn't a voidwalker tank Sarth3D from memory?

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I have no problem with pets tanking something legit, but when you use it to get around the intended fight mechanics, that is wrong.
    Would you consider CD stacking as an exploit, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure if you are getting all mad you are getting trolled. GG Krip well played

PS dont ban my fire turtle I would be a sad panda D:

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Seems pretty cool to me.

---------- Post added 2011-12-07 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I am only curious whether it's actually true.

And it isn't exploiting. It's not even "clever use of game mechanics". It's just tank pet tanking.
    Look at post #14, it's true.

And yea, anyone who would call this an exploit is extremely over-sensitive to the issue and I would have to say doesn't really know much about the game at all, or what an exploit is. Though I think a huge majority of the people calling it an exploit are joking.

I agree with the wasting of time, i wouldn't want to try this myself. But it did get me wondering. I heard that on the PTR, Thrall's Last defender buff was an Auto-detecting mechanic, and would grant it to players most likely deemed the tank. To the means of holy and ret paladins starting the fight with righteous fury, then turning it off when they got their unending buff from thrall. I'd like to think that was removed, I've never had the mindset to have on righteous fury while dpsing on my pally. Going the crazy route and saying they didn't remove it, would it know to buff BM hunters turtles? Regardless, I think with a full raid it wouldn't be impossible to keep that pet alive for less than 6 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Igra View Post
    It looks like the DK and Warrior are tanking him, I don't get it where's the turtle?

why oh why do people get soooo upset over these things

who cares if they found some odd way to beat it, thats half the fun. its not like any of you have any chance of competing with them anyway

Quote Originally Posted by phlover View Post
    paragon ?
    no oen will see them in the top 20 ! after 8 days of ban
    check again

they're second

If the turtle gets banned, can I has his teenage mutant plz?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I'm pretty sure the DK and Warrior were tanking him.

Deleted
    The boss isn't pet-takable for a simple reason : the pet follows the hunter when he uses his heroic will skill, so the hunter would have to tank EVERY HoT with the pet or else the pet also switches phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kripparrian View Post
    8 day ban on turtle wont stop use of bears
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L83c...eature=related

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    As far as I know, most boss abilities dont hit pets, so ultraxion abilities not hitting the turtle is not a bug. Now, exploit is the abuse of a bug and exodus knows what an exploit is very well, but there is no exploit in here.

Then => CLEVER USE OF GAME MECHANICS=D (blizzard quote of 2008 or 2009 i cant remember ulduar)
    I've always wondered how that "bug" worked.
    Its not an exploit they're just smarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clever use of game mechanics.
    /thread

1) What's with all the "lock plz" crap??

2) Clever use of game mechanics imo, they used the tools given to them (blizzard made tank capable pets) and you succeeded. Good job

3) Unfortunately this will go the way of the voidwalker tank from Sartharion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolpho View Post
    Actually, turtle pets can pull pretty good threat on their own. Enough to hold off of many dps, though not all...but if a hunter uses a MD glyph and refreshes his MD before the previous one wears off, the first MD becomes permanent. They can then refresh the 2nd MD with a 3rd and make it permanent, effectively transferring ALL of the hunter's threat to the pet, permanently.

MD is not as good as it was, unless it is glyphed and used on a pet...then it is much stronger than it ever has been.
    Ah, that, I did not know. I was thinking that with the dps required for H Ultraxion, no turtle could possibly hold threat. But, If MD threat w/ glyph is permanent, then that would help a ton, especially if the DPS could drop threat, and DID drop threat w/e possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Video posted of TWO tanks and no turtle, and people are still here arguing over this?

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    The boss isn't pet-takable for a simple reason : the pet follows the hunter when he uses his heroic will skill, so the hunter would have to tank EVERY HoT with the pet or else the pet also switches phases.
    Pet does not phase, it stays in the ultraxion realm at all times.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that turtle had cannons on it's back and was called blastoise, then it would be an exploit. A tanking pet....tanking?! OMGWTF!!!!