Deleted

LFR yielding disproportionately higher figures?

What I'm seeing is that for every LFR raid I do, my DPS increases by much more than what can be accounted for by sheer raid comp. Some examples:

Morchok 10N missing 3% damage buff my rogue does 28-29k DPS.
    Morchok LFR with all buffs my rogue does 35-36k DPS.

Madness 10N missing 3% damage buff my rogue does 50-52k DPS.
    Madness LFR with all buffs my rogue does 61-63k DPS.

Does the increased kill speed make that much of a difference? What am I not getting?

Deleted
    Might be different armor coefficients? Like results from the "training dummy" and "raiders training dummy" differ too? Just wild guessing here though.

Deleted
    I don't know about rogues, but as a DK (I imagine it would be similar), there are more things that I can 'get away with' on LFR. For instance, you can AMS the black phase on Morchok and keep 100% up time on the boss, which can't be done on other difficulties. Similarly, on madness, you don't need to move from the elementium bolt, you can simply pop a CD and take it. I imagine this would account for some difference, but probably not as much as you are experiencing.

Ive seen this as well doing BH runs. I almost never have the 3% Damage buff either in 10 mans but I do significantly more then 3% in 25 mans.

Deleted
    I dunno man, on Madness 10N I keep attacking the Mutated Corruption until just before Elementium Bolt lands then cloak immune it, Redirect my Insight to it and Killing Spree for the win. Zero downtime.

Deleted
    keep in mind, in 10 man not only is it next to impossible to get most buffs, but really IMPOSSIBLE to get all DEbuffs on the boss

in 25 all of the above are assured...

also, i think madness LFR has a much higher dmg increase coefficient during the " focus" phase of the arm/wing tentacle, as the one time i did that lfr as frost i was getting 650k df crits ... >.> while in 10 man only ~ 200k crit
    Last edited by mmocc9c440b8a0; 2011-12-19 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    I dont know the ins and outs of it but that sounds about right for the difference between 10 and 25 man in DS

Deleted
    Only debuff we don't have in our current comp is spell damage taken.
    Last edited by mmoc0b3cb0c063; 2011-12-19 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Only debuff we don't have in our current comp is spell damage taken.
    your poisons are magic dmg :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zenxion78 View Post
    I don't know about rogues, but as a DK (I imagine it would be similar), there are more things that I can 'get away with' on LFR. For instance, you can AMS the black phase on Morchok and keep 100% up time on the boss, which can't be done on other difficulties. Similarly, on madness, you don't need to move from the elementium bolt, you can simply pop a CD and take it. I imagine this would account for some difference, but probably not as much as you are experiencing.
    You can AMS it on any difficulty, including heroic. Just do it on the 2nd tick.

My guildmates are seeing similar things. I tank, and I don't see a difference in my dps(outside of - in lfr I don't hold runes(dk), simply because I never take enough damage for it to matter), however my guildies claim numbers like 30-35k on ultraxion(with meters to prove it), but in our 10 man - with only missing 1 debuff(shadow & flames or Critical Mass from lock/mage) and only missing 1 buff(3% damage increase) they sit at a lowly 22-24k on 10 man ultraxion.

I know those two buffs are worth a lot of raid dps, but personal dps shouldn't see a 10k jump over 5% crit, and 3% damage x.x. Not sure what's going on here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    your poisons are magic dmg :P
    Poisons make out ~17% of my total damage for that fight, so that's 1,4% damage there.

51k + 4,4% = 53k != 62k

Still confuzzled!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachtobi View Post
    Poisons make out ~17% of my total damage for that fight, so that's 1,4% damage there.

51k + 4,4% = 53k != 62k

Still confuzzled!
    well , i think the answer is somewhere combining all the things that were said , from buffs/debuffs to lower boss armor/resistance values

EDIT: also, like i said , my hunch is that madness lfr gives far more than 2x dmg when the arm goes in focus phase ( when he casts cataclysm and the respective aspect beams them arm/wing)

also to the person above giving ultraxion as an example, you're forgetting that in lfr you only have to go out for hour of twillight , whereas in normals people gets debuffs->lost time/dps ,especially if they are afraid of latency and go out any sooner than 1 sec left on fading
    Last edited by mmocc9c440b8a0; 2011-12-19 at 03:08 PM.

think crit suppression is removed from lfr as i was going as high as 70% crit as fire on most bosses. also dont ur poisons to nature dmg? and no, fight duration would not account for that high of a difference