Backdraft, why so lame?

It is very clear that the game developers at Blizzard have not physically tested Destro this entire expansion because when playing it, it is blatenly clear that Soul Fire needs to be included within Backdraft. The fact that it is not shows you how lazy (or stupid) Blizzard is. Play the spec, at least every other backdraft will have a charge left over when you cast conflag. 2.3 (raid buffed with 2681 haste) sec soul fire is lame, makes the spec clunky. Very simple and meaningful change, I'm very surprised they buffed Destro without implementing this change.

Destro has always been the more "clunky" of specs. Thankfully looking forward to MoP they have some very nice things in store for us!
    Cyner#1996

I'd happily take the 15 sec buff over the 20 sec if they included Soul Fire in Backdraft.

Have you guys actually been playing it thus far?

Destro is extremely enjoyable now they have fixed the ISF buff duration, and combined with 4pc is going to be absolutely fantastic. I rarely have to hard cast soul fire as is to keep the buff up (due to imp proc), once it is part of 4pc i'd be surprised if I have to do more than a few casts per fight. Last night on H Morchok I cast it 15 times in the fight, 3 at bare minimum were soulburnt. And then more would have been imp procs. At a guess maybe half a dozen hard casts over a 5 minute fight?

My dps feels very competitive with my raids, and the spec actually feels very very smooth to me compared to demo. So glad they made these changes, as i'm also finding nether ward amazingly useful.

After all the pet-twisting and whatnot of Demo, I switched back to Destro to relax. Harder to master than the other two specs, but much more forgiving, in my experience.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Oh yes, I fully agree it has come a long way. Soul Fire just still feels out of place sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yekul View Post
    Have you guys actually been playing it thus far?

Destro is extremely enjoyable now they have fixed the ISF buff duration, and combined with 4pc is going to be absolutely fantastic. I rarely have to hard cast soul fire as is to keep the buff up (due to imp proc), once it is part of 4pc i'd be surprised if I have to do more than a few casts per fight. Last night on H Morchok I cast it 15 times in the fight, 3 at bare minimum were soulburnt. And then more would have been imp procs. At a guess maybe half a dozen hard casts over a 5 minute fight?

My dps feels very competitive with my raids, and the spec actually feels very very smooth to me compared to demo. So glad they made these changes, as i'm also finding nether ward amazingly useful.
    I ran LFR and Destruction DPS seems on par now.
    I was about 5th or 6th on most fights doing between 22K-25K.
    Some DKs and Mages were 25K+.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    I ran LFR and Destruction DPS seems on par now.
    I was about 5th or 6th on most fights doing between 22K-25K.
    Some DKs and Mages were 25K+.
    Your sample leaves something to be desired, but you are correct in that destro balance is fine atm :-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving destro with the changes. But it's pretty clear while playing it that backdraft needs to include Soul Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    Destro has always been the more "clunky" of specs. Thankfully looking forward to MoP they have some very nice things in store for us!
    I'm not sure what you mean by "always", since during wrath it wasn't clunky at all, and during BC it was just shadow bolt spam
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.