Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question about American Restaurants/Fast food

Just wondering, as i've only been there once and just stayed a few days... say you order a MC Bacon or whatever kinda of meat in a restaurant, do you have to pay for the ketchup/mustard/mayo or do they just give it away with the burger?

Also, do you usually get ''ENOUGH'' napkins?

Not sure if serious..you get the ketchip/mustard for free in tiny little packages or sometimes it comes with the burger in the meal at no extra cost.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Free. Mayo, mustard and ketchup is always in packages. Napkins are in dispensers.

Mc Bacon? I like where you are headed with this.

But seriously, condiments for everything are free in the large fast food chains. You sometimes have to pay for extra sauce in sit-down resteraunts (like honey mustard or more ranch or something) but normally not.

I normally get 5+ napkins and need 1, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungRider View Post
    Not sure if serious..you get the ketchip/mustard for free in tiny little packages or sometimes it comes with the burger in the meal at no extra cost.
    Quite serious actually, as in some places you have to pay for it...

also at least here in Germany, it doesn't seem like you get ''enough'' napkins, which bothers me heavily T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    That comes with the burger. Napkins are also free. You can also sometimes (Dependent on the restaurant) get extra stuff on your burger such as cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, cheese, ect.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to know?
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

In Australia some fast food restaurants make you pay .20c-.50c for the tomato/bbq sauce. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Just wondering, as i've only been there once and just stayed a few days... say you order a MC Bacon or whatever kinda of meat in a restaurant, do you have to pay for the ketchup/mustard/mayo or do they just give it away with the burger?

He's your favorite MC too?

Heh, on topic though -- They usually give you too many napkins. And ketchup/mustard/mayo is free of charge unless you grab way too much.

People are so naive to think that condiments are free. The cost for these things is part of the food cost.

Can you not get more napkins in Germany?

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    People are so naive to think that condiments are free. The cost for these things is part of the food cost.
    It's free in a sense that you can get from 1 to 20 and you wouldn't pay for it again. Yes, the cost is in the meal, but the restaurant assumes that people aren't going to get 20 packets of ketchup. But you can, if you want to.

Oh dear. Do you honestly think that anyone in this thread believes that McDonalds just gives away condiments because they are such happy-go-lucky people?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Things like that are free, same with napkins. You can take however much you need (up to a reasonable amount).

If they GIVE you the stuff, it's usually more than enough as well.

With very few exceptions all condiments are free in American restaurants. In some cases dipping sauces cost extra, but that's about it.

Obviously they frown on taking far more then any sane person would put on their meal, but there is very rarely a specific limit.

Oh, and napkins, like condiments, are also free. In the rare case they don't give you enough (which has literally never happened to me), they will be more then happy to give you more if you ask.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    yet whenever i go to chick-fil-a, i order a chicken sandwich with fries, and grab 5 packs of ketchup and mayonaise, no one tells me to put them back or charges me anything extra.

But fast food is cheap. Double Cheeseburger only costs a buck at McDonalds, I don't think anyone really gives a shit that their ketchup costs 0.05$.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Can you not get more napkins in Germany?

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 12:39 PM ----------

It's free in a sense that you can get from 1 to 20 and you wouldn't pay for it again. Yes, the cost is in the meal, but the restaurant assumes that people aren't going to get 20 packets of ketchup. But you can, if you want to.
    You really think they don't charge an extra, taking in consideration exactly those mouthbreathers who get 20 packets?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is a mc bacon and how do i get one

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, if you ask for extra, you might get charged for honey mustard or something like that. But when I worked at Dairy Queen, customers had a way around that. Just wait til you get up to the front window and have already paid, then ask for it. We just gave it away anyway.

You really think they don't charge an extra, taking in consideration exactly those mouthbreathers who get 20 packets?
    The cost of condiments is rolled into the cost of the meals. They do count those mouthbreathers, but they don't say 'the average consumer grabs 4.2 packets of ketchup'. They price out their condiments and spread it out throughout their prices.

Did you not read my post, I already said I know the cost is put in the meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    If you Germans have a McBacon sandwich there, you better fucking share it!
    o_O

Well anyway, you can get more napkins if you want to, but people will stare....

It's just that, i wanted to know how it works in America...

when i went to Brazil, they like, gave A TON of condiments, and i do mean A TON, with a lot of napkins , which i found weird... So i was wondering how it was in the USA :P

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    What is a mc bacon and how do i get one