[Resto] Yor'sahj Deep Corruption

Hello people.

Can anyone who has done this fight tell me what druid heals can proc this debuff? We attempted it last night but we were always killing purple. We might have to try another strat with leaving purple up and healing without blowing anyone up.

Edit: This is for heroic mode! Sorry I forgot that important detail.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2011-12-08 at 03:21 PM.

Exactly why would u EVER leave purple up?... green / red / purple?
    In that care u can all get close to the boss (in melee range) and just spread in a circle around boss... purple bar far is the hardest hitting buff he gets... and to heal through it... u get MORE healing needed... avoid purple at ALL COSTS

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Exactly why would u EVER leave purple up?... green / red / purple?
    In that care u can all get close to the boss (in melee range) and just spread in a circle around boss... purple bar far is the hardest hitting buff he gets... and to heal through it... u get MORE healing needed... avoid purple at ALL COSTS
    b/p/y and b/p/g are both stupid easy if you just kill the yellow or green. Blue+Purple is very, very easy to handle, the only potential risk is tank death. Meanwhile, while b/y is not too bad, b/g is a bad combo because of the void.

I don't know exactly how purple works, but when were leaving it up, I noticed a few things.
    After heals on the tank blew him up, he didn't seem to keep the debuff. I think it's only cast once every 20 sec. or so, and can only detonate once per person in that time. So don't worry too much about it, it looked like healing just the tank and topping the rest off after the phase was easy enough. If you get purple+a damage ooze, then you're in trouble, but B/P was doable without issue.
    I didn't heal it, so I don't really know details on the buff stacks .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    b/p/y and b/p/g are both stupid easy if you just kill the yellow or green. Blue+Purple is very, very easy to handle, the only potential risk is tank death. Meanwhile, while b/y is not too bad, b/g is a bad combo because of the void.

I don't know exactly how purple works, but when were leaving it up, I noticed a few things.
    After heals on the tank blew him up, he didn't seem to keep the debuff. I think it's only cast once every 20 sec. or so, and can only detonate once per person in that time. So don't worry too much about it, it looked like healing just the tank and topping the rest off after the phase was easy enough. If you get purple+a damage ooze, then you're in trouble, but B/P was doable without issue.
    I didn't heal it, so I don't really know details on the buff stacks .
    Nope - you're right. We let Purple & Blue go through last Thursday and it was the easiest combination I've seen so far. Basically, just heal the tank enough to get his corruption to go off, then there's about a 10-15 second grace period where he doesn't have the debuff & build stacks. And since he's the only one taking damage...it's extremely easy. Basically a good 35-40 seconds of pure boss DPS after the void is down. I was a bored Holy Paladin.

You leave purple up in some combos on heroic because you don't want certain combos to exist like yellow/green/blue, so you kill yellow and have to survive green with purple.

I *believe* all healing spells apply one stack per application. So WG would apply one stack to all 5/6 targets.

Do not or probably do not apply stacks: wild growth, efflor, T12 set bonus, trinket procs
    Do or probably do apply stacks: lifebloom, rejuv, tranquility, direct heals

I'm looking for more information myself.

All initial applications of healing spells apply the dot as far as I can tell. That being said, HoT ticks do not so if you put 3 stack of LB on, that's 3 but then it'll tick just fine without adding anything until you refresh it.

OT: It would be helpful if you stated heroic or not but in normal mode our priority is Purple-->Green-->Blue. If purple is up that's kill one always. If not and green is green is kill, if neither, kill blue. The only time we ever really had an issue we had purple green and blue. That sucked because we killed purple but then you have to run out of the circle for green while killing blue which is in the circle. It wasn't too bad though. Remember you can regen mana after void is out so if you still have an innervate etc and you use it you won't be drained again.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2011-12-08 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not a healing spell, if you log ingame > dungeon journal > check the purple you would know that the 5th healing spell OR absorb effect triggers the damage on the player.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention that I was looking for answers for heroic mode where many guilds seem to leave purple up. It doesn't seem to be all "just kill purple" like it is in normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelendil View Post
    Do not or probably do not apply stacks: wild growth, efflor, T12 set bonus, trinket procs
    Wild Growth does apply stacks.

General rule (for druids): if it's an uncontrollable proc effect (Efflorescence / Firebloom) it will not apply stacks. Any direct hot (including WG) that you cast will cause 1 stack per application. Refreshing LB with a direct heal causes only 1 stack. There's nothing odd or unpredictable about stacking the debuff for druids (unlike priest / pallies who have some very weird and buggy mechanics, e.g. WoG, beacon, PoM, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    I *believe* all healing spells apply one stack per application. So WG would apply one stack to all 5/6 targets.
    WoG doesn't apply anything iirc. (it is special).
    Tranquility and things like that apply 1 across the board.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ahj-and-purple has a good list of abilities that proc or dont proc deep corruption.

Every heal or absorbation effect procs the debuff. That means, if you use Wild Growth, every player hit by it will get one stack. If you use Regrowth, only that target will gain one stack.

We're about to try this boss on sunday and we'll probably keep purple up the times we don't have too much aoe healing, and use big single target heals to not stack it to 5.

Purple/Black/Green/Red it might be easier to kill red rather than purple for eample and single target heal the people who get hit by green.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to outrange the aura from yellow? It says it hits "nearby targets", but I guess that you can't just stack ranged and make yellow the easiest one?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Tranquility and things like that apply 1 across the board.
    I can confirm as of last night Tranquility doesn't apply extra stacks from the ticks and the HoT component (had a wipe incoming, figured I'd test it out, since we don't generally run with a resto druid right now). As someone else stated, fairly certain passive/uncontrollable heals will not proc the purple debuff, however there are some quirks/bugs that we've been finding with the other healers so far. Nothing makes you go /RAGE when your healers don't change what they do, but randomly it makes the raid go BOOM!

For heroic, there are times when not killing purple is beneficial, as some combinations would put out so much damage that even spamming heals would lose the fight in the long run. For some reason, we get the black ooze almost literally every time, kind of annoying having to divert DPS to AoE adds almost every time... but that's another thread I suppose.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Also, does anyone know if it's possible to outrange the aura from yellow? It says it hits "nearby targets", but I guess that you can't just stack ranged and make yellow the easiest one?
    100 yard range.

Tranq seems to put several stacks up, at least on heroic. I guess it's because it both heals and applies a HoT.

Heroic:
    Each time you apply a healing spell to a target they get the debuff ( reju, regrowth, Healing touch, Swiftmend).
    Wild Growth works abit diffrently, when you cast it on player X and the Wild Growth spreads to players 1-5 they all get 1 stack.
    Tranquility: Each tick of Tranquility gives 1 stack, so avoid using tranq
    Last edited by Drefan; 2011-12-09 at 07:24 AM.