Playing violent video games could be a violation of international law!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/ga...-1226216184190

I really don't know what else to say other than... Really? I cannot begin to fathom how people can possibly think this way.

Deleted
    Too much time on their hands. That's all.

Wow, red cross just got more obnoxious than PETA, I really hope whoever calls the shots in actually making it behave like a law realizes how idiotic they're acting.

and the winner for "most times used as scapegoat".... video games!!!! sorry maralyn manson, youre old news now.

in our next segment, we will look at how little kids are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they play cops and robbers, as they are having fun while pretending to shoot each other. but first, heres dave with the weather.

yes its that stupid

Meh, this will go...nowhere.

They're making a big stink because someone has an agenda, but nothing will come of it for two good reasons.

1. It's moronic. It's basically a publicity stunt and anyone with a functional brain knows it.

2. I'd like to see how the try and proceed with this without the gaming industry as a whole stonewalling them at every corner. The gaming industry has FAR more money to throw at this (and significantly better lawyers readily available) than the Red Cross does. If general legal processes have taught me anything, it's that whoever has more money in a case has an advantage (gogo stalling a case for 20+ years).

Oh look! More people being stupid, how unique and original -_____-

Ohp, found this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...AfO_story.html

Getting lost in communications is a SoB, ain't it?

Deleted
    Stop! You violated international law!

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Ohp, found this.

That's certainly good news, although they definitely should have chosen their words a little more carefully. They would've just made a joke out of themselves if they actually tried to pursue a goal like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Ohp, found this.

Awww

I was hoping for a monumental blunder that would make for lulz.

If playing a video game is a violation of international law, that means video games are real. If video games are real, I'm a super saiyan, and the world's screwed.

Stop right there CRIMINAL SCUM!!!

Okay sorry I had to. But honestly, really? This is embarrassing. Didn't they try to pull this stuff years ago against GTA?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmetal View Post
    in our next segment, we will look at how little kids are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they play cops and robbers, as they are having fun while pretending to shoot each other.
    its a good thing the US doesnt abide by the geneva conventions then. =)

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Stop! You violated international law!
    Pay the Tribunal a fine, or serve your sentence! Your wasted time is now forfeit!

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid.

It's a video game, it's not real.

The people are violent by nature, they don't become violent because of video games/music/movies/tv. Shit is old news.