10+ Year Old Account

Wireless adapter for ps3

So I'm trying to find a wireless adapter for my ps3 and this came up in my search on google. I'm not really up to speed when it comes to wireless adapters in terms of what makes them good so I was wondering if anyone on these forums could help me without with this. Would this adapter do my ps3 fine? Do you know of an adapter that would probably be a better choice? etc.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

I thought all PS3's came with wifi capability built in....

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    So I'm trying to find a wireless adapter for my ps3 and this came up in my search on google. I'm not really up to speed when it comes to wireless adapters in terms of what makes them good so I was wondering if anyone on these forums could help me without with this. Would this adapter do my ps3 fine? Do you know of an adapter that would probably be a better choice? etc.
    Your PS3 doesn't have wireless? I thought they all did. Someone enlighten me.

10+ Year Old Account
    All models to date include built-in wifi.... O.o

If he's talking about a Wifi Adapter. I've had a PS3 Fat and a PS3 Slim, both came equipped with a built-in adapter.

So they all have one, I'm very sure of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back cause I realized I forgot to put up the link but I just assumed they didn't I'll go check that up right now XD

So much fail, haha
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

My PS3 that I bought a long time ago does not have built in WiFi. I had a Linksys WiFi gaming adapter plugged into it for the longest time before I got under my house and ran some cat5 to it.

The original release PS3 did not come with Wifi built in, I believe. While it gained it almost immediately compared to Xbox which had to wait, it's still possible some out there have no Wifi. It's one of those finishing touches that neither PS3 nor Xbox 360 bothered to put on before their release. Only the Wii was released initially with Wifi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I got this with the deal on Black Friday so it had it. The only other console I have that I've used for internet access with is my 360 but I got one of the first ones that ever came out so it didn't even occur to me. Thanks for the help though guys, I've got it working now