15+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be the 4th kid from the right in the middle.

Pistons are beating the Suns by 40. The fuck? Don't do this Detroit. Don't start another season horrible then pull yourself to mediocrity while being too far back to make a playoff spot and just stick yourself deep in the lottery.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wizards finally won a game...must be getting closer to the end of the Mayan calender.

LOL which one are you Jibb?

Nets won against Boston.Dude you guys missed it, Kris Humphries fouled KG and KG fell to the ground, and Rondo pushed Kris and a fight broke out. Ended up Gerald Wallace (had 2 technicals, one from earlier), Kris Humphries and Rondo got ejected. Rondos assist streak is ovah.

Looks like Knicks will win against Bucks. Looks like OKC will beat Houston.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    LOL which one are you Jibb?

Nets won against Boston.Dude you guys missed it, Kris Humphries fouled KG and KG fell to the ground, and Rondo pushed Kris and a fight broke out. Ended up Gerald Wallace (had 2 technicals, one from earlier), Kris Humphries and Rondo got ejected. Rondos assist streak is ovah.

Looks like Knicks will win against Bucks. Looks like OKC will beat Houston.
    At least Rondo's streak went down in the most Boston fashion possible.
    Grats to the Wwwyzzerdds on winning a game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:12 PM ----------

Man my team is having a shitty rebounding night. I have 7 fewer rebounds right now than I did last night from my team. Last night I had 4 players playing compared to an entire lineup tonight lol. I love my fantasy team and how I fall into the same mold every year. I dominate rebounds (I'm 40 up on the league having had a top 5 rebounder in the game play like 4 games so far) but will finish dead last in TO by a mile. Same thing every single year lol along with horrible shooting numbers. I have 56 more TO than the second to last person lol.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:14 PM ----------

Oh ya, and Ricky Rubio has been cleared for full practice!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man conscript how do you root for a team that is not from your state I mean I would give anything for my state to have a pro team no matter how shitty they where. Of course now that I think about it the few people I know from Michigan is from the UP and they all like Wisconsin teams smh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Man conscript how do you root for a team that is not from your state I mean I would give anything for my state to have a pro team no matter how shitty they where. Of course now that I think about it the few people I know from Michigan is from the UP and they all like Wisconsin teams smh.
    The Pistons, a brief history of stuff:
    -In 2003, the Pistons passed on Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, two guys who looked phenomenal in college and were surefire NBA stars, to draft a kid from Yugoslavia who had been playing in their shit pro league since he was 14 and was the most overrated player imaginable yet so many people bought into him. My rule is pretty much that if you have 0 tape on a guy playing against NBA caliber opposition, probably not the smartest pick when there are guys on the board who literally carried their team to the national championship that year.
    -In 2008, Joe Dumars traded my favorite Pistons player for a washed up Allen Iverson. Since that trade, the Pistons are 126-202 with one playoff appearance (the year they traded Chauncey despite them being 39-43).
    - In 2011 they flirted with moving the team to Las Vegas
    - Joe Dumars continues to be employed
    - Joe Dumars extended Stuckey, Tayshaun, etc. on horrible contracts
    - Joe Dumars brought in Ben Gordon post-prime, then traded him along with a first round pick for Corey Magette in a dumb trade that mortgages a future pick to save a few dollars
    -Above all else though, they just aren't fun to watch at all. They are slow, plodding, they have terrible offensive schemes that revolve around Iso ball with no good Iso players. Monroe and Drummond continue to be a few of the only players on the team I can stand (I'll throw JJ and Singler on there also) to watch play and the coach refuses to play them together which has looked like the best lineup by far when they are out there.
    - The roster is filled with the same players (Tayshaun mostly) that have literally quit on our last two coaches.

As for the UP, ya they are all Packers and Brewers fans, but it makes sense. They are only a couple hours from Green Bay and Milwaukee while they are 10 or so from Detroit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:01 AM ----------

That's Al Horford's little brother from a week ago. Hilarious

So, the city council is Virginia Beach is voting within a couple months to build a $300 million basketball arena on mostly public money. Comcast is apparently willing to kick in 35 mil. They say they are waiting to make a final decision for an NBA team to sign a lease, but they steadfastly refuse to name that team as the Kings. Kinda seems like they are being used to leverage money out of Sacramento. Or wherever the Kings end up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    So, the city council is Virginia Beach is voting within a couple months to build a $300 million basketball arena on mostly public money. Comcast is apparently willing to kick in 35 mil. They say they are waiting to make a final decision for an NBA team to sign a lease, but they steadfastly refuse to name that team as the Kings. Kinda seems like they are being used to leverage money out of Sacramento. Or wherever the Kings end up.
    I think this might actually be for real this time. Sacramento isn't going to make a deal with the Kings' for a new arena unless the owners change. The Maloofs went up there, made like it was such a great thing the city was keeping the team, and then pissed directly in their face. Unless the Maloofs sell, I don't think there is a future for the Kings in that city which is a damn shame for the fans in Sactown.

Hope Miami gets stepped on by Spurs like they would have in the NBA finals if the refs didn't favor OKC for those Western Final matches.

That way Knicks Nets and Miami would all be tied 10-4.

I wish I had a small market team as home, I'd be all up in their grills. If I lived in Virginia Beach I'd have already voted yes and told them to name them the "Virginia Beach Stencils."

Btw KG fined $25k, Gerald Wallace fined $35k, and Rondo suspended 2 games. Next 2 games for them are Portland and Milwaukee, they might actually lose without Rondo. I hope so, nets and Knicks must get Atlantic division@@@.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 06:08 PM ----------

Oh btw as we're speaking, Conscript can you give me $1 million to invest in the Nets like Jay Z did and then I claim to be a significant owner. With 1/50 of 1%. AKA 0.02% ownership.

Hope Miami gets stepped on by Spurs like they would have in the NBA finals if the refs didn't favor OKC for those Western Final matches.
    First off, Spurs aren't playing their big three.

Second, you do know that in the 3 games the Spurs and Heat have played, the Heat lead 2 - 1? The last win was without Dwyane Wade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh btw as we're speaking, Conscript can you give me $1 million to invest in the Nets like Jay Z did and then I claim to be a significant owner. With 1/50 of 1%. AKA 0.02% ownership.
    No way bro, I need my imaginary millions to buy 1% of the Pistons and then fire Dumars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailblazers rookie is afraid of statues.

Heard about this at first on Around the Horn. First thing that came to my mind wasn't "oh, well that's weird". It was "this ass is just trolling that guy that has a fear of flying". And I stand by that.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    First off, Spurs aren't playing their big three.

Second, you do know that in the 3 games the Spurs and Heat have played, the Heat lead 2 - 1? The last win was without Dwyane Wade.
    Oh shit son you're right. Greg Pop is letting Manu, Parker, Tim, and Danny Green go home to San An tonight since they were on a long road trip and now there's controversy. I'd be pissed off if I lived in Miami because I would have had their amazing partial plan I mentioned and I'd be seeing the spurs. Damn that sucks, spurs basically giving up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I feel about Pop's move to send all of his best players home on a flight before tonight's game. Fourth game in five nights is brutally stupid. I love the giant fuck you to Stern, but man does it suck for the fans.

Barkley is calling this game? This is going to be awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:29 PM ----------

Stern apparently said there is going to be significant consequences for the Spurs move tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 08:36 PM ----------

Charles Barkley on what makes teams good: "All NBA teams have guys who can play, but the good teams have stars."

Charles Barkley, insightful commentator.

He said super* teams but yeah I was laughing.

Lol when he interviewed Popovich and Pop told him "sorry your two questions are over" and he's like "wait what?"

Hmm.

Stern: "Spurs sitting stars 'unacceptable'. Team faces 'substantial sanctions'.", says ESPNEWS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Hmm.

Stern: "Spurs sitting stars 'unacceptable'. Team faces 'substantial sanctions'.", says ESPNEWS.
    Wait, what? For what?

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell are the Spurs winning???
    ~May the goat be with you~

You know, Start of 4th and Spurs are leading 76-73. I'm sure Miami is gonna be clutch and crush in the end like they usually do but if the Spurs won that'd be L.O.L. And as mentioned by I forgot which one of these announcers: if spurs do win then no way David stern can be mad at them. A coach and team owner decides what to do for a team as long as they're showing up and playing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:44 PM ----------

Meh. If spurs won that they'd be the biggest dick ballets in the fucking league. But they lost zzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that was a nice game!! I found Popovich decision really good tbh. Here are the reasons:
    1) Parker, Ginobily, duncan got some needed rest
    2) Team bonding, when you play without your superstars you learn how to function as a team
    3) You learn how to score without relying on your superstars
    4) Learn how to play defense. When you dont have so many options on the offensive end you'll have to play better defense
    5)Playing without your basic players against a team like Miami gives you a taste of how games are going to be on playoffs (make your bench players take clutch shots etc)
    6)Fear factor: Spoelstra had a hard time winning Spurs with bench players, this creates a mind game among all of the teams about what the Spurs team is capable of when they have all of their players availiable at 100%
    ~May the goat be with you~