Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Skars pick a number for Miami series! Miami in 5 or 6.

And Doozer you should make some more picks.

Hurry up and make your selections guys, the games start tomorrow early, 1 PM East, not at night.

Looks like Bulls are gonna win. Poor Jib, this must be embarrassing. My God like clairvoyance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh and I'm gonna revise my shit since Amare COULD come back Game 3 next series.

Pacers in 6.
    Heat in 4 against Nets.
    Heat in 5 against Bulls.

Memphis in 6.
    Spurs in 5.
    Well now since Chicago is in I'm going to say Miami 4-Chicago 1. I updated my first post to reflect this.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-05-05 at 04:00 PM.

Wtf lol they're playing Wests OKC Memphis game at 1 and Knicks Pacers at 3:30. They should have set the east game first for time zone.

Also. Derek Rose should come back for Heat series....

Jib hurry up and set your picks.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-05-05 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf lol they're playing Wests OKC Memphis game at 1 and Knicks Pacers at 3:30. They should have set the east game first for time zone.

Also. Derek Rose should come back for Heat series....

Jib hurry up and set your picks.
    I hate it when the play Spurs games at 9:30 just because teams are in the Western Conference doesn't mean they play in Pacific time. Memphis and OKC are only 1 hour behind eastern time zone so I don't see that big of a deal.

Oh. For some reason I thought they were Pacific Time Zone and their game was 10 AM their time lol. 12 PM game is fine then.

Kevin Durant made some nice plays, I'll admit, but his team isn't looking like its on par lol. Memphis would be murdering if they didn't take so many 3 attempts. Memphis transition game (when they're going on offense) sucks a little, they keep driving to the rim and passing it back to take a 3. Who do they think they are? The Knicks?

Thunder might win this series.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That scoring system is kind of silly isn't it? He correctly picked the Heat would win in 4 and he correctly picked the Thunder would win in 6, both he picked perfectly therefore they should award the same and maximum amount of points.

It should be +4 if you pick the correct team (this is the most important pick but I'm not sure how many points you are awarding for this) and then you get points for picking the number of games correct, but ONLY if you picked the correct winner. Additional 4 points for picking the exact amount of games, +2 if you are 1 game off, and then 0 if you are 2 or 3 games off.

Anyway, my picks:

Heat in 6
    Knicks in 7

Spurs in 5
    Thunder in 7

I know it's not a super great way of scoring but I figured no one would understand the math if I went too deep lol.

I'll rescore me and Jib later the way you like it then. I don't really like your system though but whatever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just think picking the winner is the most important thing, picking the games correct should definitely award a bonus, but a perfect pick should be a perfect pick and award maximum points.

Also Lebron didn't win unanimous MVP because 1 person voted for Melo...

This shit is tight guys lol.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 03:35 PM ----------

Really Stomped? How do I get a vote so I can decide the MVP?

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 03:40 PM ----------

Kevin Durant fucking beasted this shit. (Although Kevin Martin did a hell of a lot that made OKC win.)

If I were Derrick Rose, there's absolutely no way I'm coming back this year. Tom Thibodeau was playing Noah for 35 minutes in meaningless regular season games while he was seriously injured. If Rose comes back, the only way he gets off the floor is if his leg actually detaches from his body.

I mean, there's a reason they're always beat to hell in the playoffs. Thibodeau has no long term perspective, so he grinds his players down in the regular season, and by the time the playoffs start they're falling apart. It's his big flaw as a coach, and until he fixes it he'll never seriously contend for a title.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    If I were Derrick Rose, there's absolutely no way I'm coming back this year. Tom Thibodeau was playing Noah for 35 minutes in meaningless regular season games while he was seriously injured. If Rose comes back, the only way he gets off the floor is if his leg actually detaches from his body.

I mean, there's a reason they're always beat to hell in the playoffs. Thibodeau has no long term perspective, so he grinds his players down in the regular season, and by the time the playoffs start they're falling apart. It's his big flaw as a coach, and until he fixes it he'll never seriously contend for a title.
    I agree for the most part, but I think you can still contend for a title the way he coaches. 2 years ago in the ECF they lost not because they were tired/hurt, but because Miami was the better team.

Damn Pacers. I said they'd win but of course I want Knicks to win. Even Memphis lost.

If Spurs lose tomorrow I'll be damn sad.

Heat 1-0 tomorrow.
    Spurs 1-0 tomorrow.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    It should be +4 if you pick the correct team (this is the most important pick but I'm not sure how many points you are awarding for this) and then you get points for picking the number of games correct, but ONLY if you picked the correct winner. Additional 4 points for picking the exact amount of games, +2 if you are 1 game off, and then 0 if you are 2 or 3 games off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Heat in 4 +4 +4
    Knicks in 7 +4 +2
    Pacers in 5 +4 +2
    Nets in 7 +0 +2

Thunder in 6 +4 +4
    Spurs in 6 +4 +0
    Nuggets in 6 +0 +0
    Clippers in 6 +0 +0
    Heat in 4. +4 +4
    Knicks in 6. +4 +4
    Pacers in 6. +4 +4
    Bulls in 7. +4 +4

Thunder in 4. +4 +0
    Spurs in 5. +4 +2
    Golden State in 6. +4 +4
    Clippers in 6. +0 +0
    Kay. I regraded according to Stomped's scale.

Jib is +34.
    And I got 32 just from my East picks lol...I picked East perfectly. Blue is +50.

Either way, I fucking crushed Jib KUKUKUKUKUKU. I should be a psychic.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-05-05 at 11:35 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who voted for Melo came out and defended his pick on Mike and Mike this morning. Pretty much exactly what I said months ago, the Heat are so good even without Lebron that Melo is more valuable to his team. Without Lebron the Heat are definitely still a playoff team, but without Melo the Knicks go from a 54 win team to probably a 20ish win team.

I don't know I really could go either way. As I said, if you truly want to give the award to the Most Valuable player then it shouldn't go to Lebron, but the award probably should be reserved for whoever the best player in the league was that year. It's never worked that way in the past though, Jordan only won 5 MVPs and I can assure you he was the best player in the league for more than 5 years during his career.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 10:14 AM ----------

Also no surprise, PJ officially won't be back as Nets coach. They need Jerry Sloan.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-05-06 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who voted for Melo came out and defended his pick on Mike and Mike this morning. Pretty much exactly what I said months ago, the Heat are so good even without Lebron that Melo is more valuable to his team. Without Lebron the Heat are definitely still a playoff team, but without Melo the Knicks go from a 54 win team to probably a 20ish win team.

I don't know I really could go either way. As I said, if you truly want to give the award to the Most Valuable player then it shouldn't go to Lebron, but the award probably should be reserved for whoever the best player in the league was that year. It's never worked that way in the past though, Jordan only won 5 MVPs and I can assure you he was the best player in the league for more than 5 years during his career.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 10:14 AM ----------

Also no surprise, PJ officially won't be back as Nets coach. They need Jerry Sloan.
    Found a site that did the numbers on the MVP vote http://www.businessinsider.com/why-t...s-wrong-2013-5

Jerry Sloan needs to be coaching somewhere, but is this just you bringing out a name, or are there reports he wants to coach again?

I will have to go back and find the video of the interview after work today, and obviously it all comes down to how the individual voter interrupts what "MVP" means... but if you take MVP literally, it has nothing to do with your team, it has to do with the entire league.

Just because you are the best or "most valuable" player on your team doesn't at all mean you are the MVP of the league... trying not to judge the guy, but hopefully he takes a serious look at how he is voting and changes his mind on things, considering it is pretty obvious LeBron is by far the best player in the league... and when you are the only person who doesn't think so, then maybe something is wrong with you, not the rest of the voters.

But hey, maybe that's just how I interrupt the NBA's "Most Valuable Player." Maybe in the future they will rename the award to "Most Valuable Player to Your Team (but not in the entire league)."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I will have to go back and find the video of the interview after work today, and obviously it all comes down to how the individual voter interrupts what "MVP" means... but if you take MVP literally, it has nothing to do with your team, it has to do with the entire league.

Just because you are the best or "most valuable" player on your team doesn't at all mean you are the MVP of the league... trying not to judge the guy, but hopefully he takes a serious look at how he is voting and changes his mind on things, considering it is pretty obvious LeBron is by far the best player in the league... and when you are the only person who doesn't think so, then maybe something is wrong with you, not the rest of the voters.

But hey, maybe that's just how I interrupt the NBA's "Most Valuable Player." Maybe in the future they will rename the award to "Most Valuable Player to Your Team (but not in the entire league)."
    I agree with you, it seems rather harsh that a player is penalized for how good his teammates are when it comes to a personal award. But it just hasn't historically been "OK let's give it to best player in the league." In the 92-93 season Michael averaged 32 6 and 5 and was named to the NBA All-Defensive 1st team (Could have easily been Defensive Player of the Year, but Hakeem blocked too many shots). The MVP went to Barkley who averaged 25 12 and 5 and did not even make the All-Defensive 2nd team.

Also Kobe Bryant is going to end his career with only 1 MVP award, the entire award is just a catasrophe. They need to kill off the MVP award entirely, make a new award and call it the MOP and just be done with all these interpretations. The name of the trophy alone has taken too many awards away from the truly greatest players of all time.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-05-06 at 05:49 PM.

You know what, I kind of agree with the logic that MVP has to be the one that helps your team the most, but I'd still give the award to Lebron James. I mean, he led his team to the best record as the defending champs, had a stretch where he was putting up ridiculously efficient and high scoring numbers, and led his team to a TWENTY SEVEN GAME WIN STREAK in this modern NBA. Yeah, Miami Heat would probably still be #1 East if Lebron wasn't there, but you gotta give the guy credit for leading his team to the most impressive regular season I've seen in a while. Melo leading the Knicks to 53 wins or whatever, who cares? The team was built around him, it's not like he carried a bad team.

I gotta be honest guys, it's really a shame Nets got knocked out of first round. Carlesimo isn't a championship winning coach, not yet at least, but he was still good. I felt Deron Williams was playing like a top 7 PG lately, Brook Lopez was doing his thing, Nets bench chimed in a bit, but Joe Johnson let the team fucking down. Guy just isn't putting up the 25/5 we agreed he needs to put up.

If I was front office for Brooklyn, I'd keep Deron, keep Gerald Wallace, get the fuck rid of Humphries (he's not worth his contract), keep some bench (Reggie Evans, CJ Watson, Andre Blatche can all stay definitely). I don't think I could trade Joe Johnson because I want a top 7 SG, one that can pass, since big men in Brooklyn suck at passing. I doubt anyone would take him anyway. Brook Lopez? He's a keeper UNLESS I can get Dwight in a sign and trade.

You know what would be really cool? If Provokov is like "fuck it son."

And sets the team payroll to like $120 million or something BEFORE taxes, stacks the fuck out of the bench and starters, wins a title that year, and blows team up next year. That'd be like the biggest dick thing you could ever do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been listening to the radio all day I don't understand why people are crying about the one vote James didn't get. Last I checked he still got the MVP award I mean it's not like he was one vote short of winning. Who cares if he didn't get it unanimously he still got it jeeze sports media kills me sometimes. Jordan losing the MVP to Charles Barkley that was a story not this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, what an ugly game so far. Miami is getting plenty of looks but can't make anything. Chicago is being pressured full-court, and can't get any looks. Plus, they're running out of players. They're lucky it's tied at halftime.

Wow Heat are fucking losers. 10 days of rest and on their home court and they lose to a HEAVILY injured Chicago team. Heat will probably win the next four but I'm scared of having to buy Jib that thermometer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bulls might lose the series, but they won't lose 4 in a row. They're too good for that.