Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tune in to like last 1:24 of LAL game. Lakers win. I'm not really surprised, I already said Wolves were only Fringe Fringe contenders.
    Lakers > Knicks and Nets. It's okay. You can say it.

But then I saw fucking confetti falling. Wtf lol? It's just one regular season game. Did something special happen I don't know about.
    I have no idea, I watched a quarter or so, I didn't see anything special...

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Looks like Brook Lopez broke his foot and is done for the year. Can the Nets still recover from this abysmal start?

I say no.
    Say, theoretically, that the Nets get into the playoffs as a low seed (6-8). Would they be able to do anything? I mean, with a low seed, they'd be playing the Heat or Pacers, so I doubt it, but I think that if they manage to get there, they do have a lot of talented players...?

Nets are getting into playoffs but will probably be knocked out round 1. If Brook Lopez was healthy and chemistry worked out I'd have been like "I don't give a fuck what you guys think, by the time playoffs come Nets will get shit straight and they could even win the title, or at least knock out Indiana or Miami." Now I really can't say that.

My friend is convinced Melo is going to Lakers. He's a Lakers fan for some reason lol (we live in fucking NY). He's a Knicks fan too but he likes Lakers. Idk.

Yeah, LAL is better than Knicks. Idk if I'd go as far as saying they're better than Nets.

Knicks lost to Memphis this morning. *cries into Iced's sleeve* WHYYYY.

I feel like one of my comments got deleted. I swear I made this huge line saying "whyyy nooo" because Brook Lopez broke his foot.

Thunder up. Reggie is turning into a beast. The bench for okc is on fire past few games.

- - - Updated - - -

Obelisk she got them from someone at her work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shiny new Charlotte Hornets logo looks pretty cool.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...w-hornets-logo

Boring NBA day. Mostly about NFL playoff situations.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Wife got tickets to the thunder game Sunday. Word. Against Toronto but meh.

Floor seats at that
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Yeah outside okc. She just told me she's taking her brother. Time for a divorce I guess.

My wife will be the tiny blonde chick sitting by the press box. With a goofy looking bastard of a brother dark haired sitting next to her. Pretty tall. 6'5" or so
    *stalker skills ACTIVATE*

Is that them? I swear to god I'm so jealous, those seats are close as fuck.

I swear to god... the proposed draft system is actually the most idiotic thing to ever be proposed in any situation, ever.

Who would think this is a good idea? Oh, no one worth anything is coming this year, so glad my team has the #1 pick this year... at least we'll get another crack at it in THIRTY FUCKING YEARS.

Ya I saw that. Most retarded thing ever. If it was up to me there would be a weighted system where seeds 7-10 in playoffs and the 25-30 seeds get priority.

I wouldn't let tanking teams be rewarded.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the idea, sure it's not perfect, but it's better than what they have now. I think they could tweak somehow though, such that a non playoff team doesnt get anything lower than the 15th pick and the defending champion can't get the 1st pick, etc. They would have to weight it somehow.

The positives are obvious though, completely eliminates tanking, and it also eliminates basketball hell that a majority of teams end up in. Because even if you are mediocre, you could still get the #1 pick and then potentially become a contender. Vs. now if you are a mediocre team, you pretty much have to land a mega free agent to push over the edge.

The problem is that lol maybe there's no one good in a draft year and the next draft year it's a "record breaking" year like 2013 and 2014. It's kind of not fair. It also kind of lets college players say "hey lol...I don't want to go to fucking Charlotte or Detroit...I'll stay in college an extra year so New York or LA can recruit me."

I don't think the NBA owners (like me) would go for it. I think if they fix the "tanking" problem then this current lottery system is okay. Somehow they need to incentivize teams to win.

But lol if I was NBA commissioner I'd downgrade to 24 teams so each team is more stacked. I'm crazy like that. I don't think with 30 whole teams, or even fucking 35 if there's ever a Euro division, there can ever be true parity/balance. Sure, some teams can overachieve and win a few games like Portland, but everyone knows who can/will win a championship.

I also think the way lotto picks work now is too complex. I even joked a few posts ago that a team would have to pay me extra money if they wanted me to learn how lotto picks work lol. There's too many trades/protections/stipulations.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but it kinda works that way now. No matter how bad your record is, there's no guarantee that you will get a top 3 pick where typically the superstars are drafted. I mean look at the Bulls, 8 teams had worse records than them, they win the lotto and draft Rose #1. Is that fair?

Also anything that makes college players stay more years in college is only a positive in my mind. But I'll grant you it does give the mega superstars like Lebron who KNOW they will go #1 overall the opportunity to pick which team they'll play for by knowing the order in advance.

Christmas day NBA games soon. Like tomorrow soon. So let's see....

12 PM ESPN: Bulls @ Brooklyn. Right right. I'm sure that'll be good (/sarcasm). No DRose and no Brook Lopez. Nets are just coming off a loss to Pacers.

2:30 PM ABC: OKC @ New York. Carmelo rolled his ankle and might not play, not to mention Knicks were trash anyway so. Another fun game...

5 PM ABC: Heat @ LAL. Kobe out with his knee fracture so I'm sure this game will be as exciting as it was made out to be...

8 PM ESPN: Rockets @ San An. Probably gonna be an interesting game.

10:30 PM ESPN: LAC @ Golden State. Probably another interesting game.

Would have been epic if Derrick Rose and Brook Lopez could control injuries. And if Melo didn't disappoint. Or if Kobe wasn't old.

Time to go buy a brand new ugly sleeved jersey for literally one game the whole year! Who wants to fund me? We'll just write it off as a business expense.

Deleted
    But lol if I was NBA commissioner I'd downgrade to 24 teams so each team is more stacked. I'm crazy like that. I don't think with 30 whole teams, or even fucking 35 if there's ever a Euro division, there can ever be true parity/balance.
    Less teams equals less 'home' stadium/arenas. And less miscellaneous items for trade.

There is no money in stacking OKC even further when Chesapeake Energy Arena is having sellout after sellout.

And there is a psychological point of cheering for a team from another city. How many here are doing that?
    Cheering for OKC living in NY? Cheering for Dallas living in Chicago? Cheering for LAL/LAC living in Atlanta?

If anything they'd prefer creating new teams instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    Less teams equals less 'home' stadium/arenas. And less miscellaneous items for trade.

There is no money in stacking OKC even further when Chesapeake Energy Arena is having sellout after sellout.

And there is a psychological point of cheering for a team from another city. How many here are doing that?
    Cheering for OKC living in NY? Cheering for Dallas living in Chicago? Cheering for LAL/LAC living in Atlanta?

If anything they'd prefer creating new teams instead.
    Mmmmmmmmm I brought this up and argued with Jib before. It's not about home stadium crowds, which are barely anything in the budget. (Well more speaking, you just need enough money to cover the cost of the stadium rent and shit during downtime too, but usually the city/state helps with that.) It's about each game becoming more important and not having 13 fucking games a night -> less games -> higher quality games -> more national TV deals -> more $$. Not to mention the quality of teams all increase since there are better players.

What you're saying by adding more teams is diluting the talent. "Okay let's have a team like Miami where 3 superstars and a bunch of excellent role players get together, and then let's add more teams that get trash players who have to tank and be horrible so they can fight with current teams to try to get a decent lotto pick."

Christmas day basketball! How much can the Knicks and Nets disappoint me?

- - - Updated - - -

Nets got owned. People are yelling "Fire Kidd."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that those orange sleeved uniforms don't sell well in Chicago. My god they were ugly.

Dwane Wade walks into the arena with a golden purse. What is this world coming to. Sheesh.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2013-12-25 at 08:24 PM.

Melo isn't playing. Knicks did well in first. If Knicks win I'll say "wow. Maybe these guys aren't the embarrassment I always make them out to me."

Nvm lol I just looked at score.

- - - Updated - - -

These games fucking suck. I'm sick of seeing the Knicks and Nets. If it was up to me the biggest games (right now) would be:

1. Miami vs. Spurs.
    2. Golden State vs. OKC.
    3. Indiana vs. LAC.
    4. NYK vs. LAL. I know I know Melo and Kobe out of action but they're the two big market teams.
    5. Houston vs. Portland.

I fucking guess. I threw pity points to Portland and NYK and LAL. I don't think I picked the best possible matchups beside NYKvLAL either. But those 8 teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I forgot to say "omg fagelisk how could you include NYK and LAL if they aren't good right now you fucking homer." NFL Thanksgiving day games have the same 2 teams hosting, stop fucking complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

What's up with Lakers cheerleaders. NYK and Nets cheerleaders don't look like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Let's look at the number of things they established in that episode:

1. Stewie is destroying time machine. No more time adventures. (They were pushing that like all the time recently.)
    2. Brian is dead. Family mourns. Not that bullshit crying after they thought he died in a fire, but they were at his deathbed and they had final words with him.
    3. Introduction of a new dog, Vinny.
    4. Lol "trust us we know what we're doing. This is gonna be fun."
    5. Stewie can't get over Brian but Vinny says "don't worry man, here's my backstory. I'll be your new friend." And Stewie accepts it.
    6. "Stewie Vinny interaction is gonna be interesting."

JK. Vinny gets written off and we're bringing Brian back and no one is gonna remember this.

Not to be a dick, but why would they do that lol? That's just bad writing and its funny how quickly they rescinded. Just have to accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

OOPS LOL I WROTE THAT IN THE WRONG THREAD.

- - - Updated - - -

Wade Lebron strongest combo in the NBA.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie. LAL without Kobe is one of these high chemistry teams like Phoenix/Portland that should suck but are doing well given their situation.

I'm not giving D'Antoni credit for fucking any of this though. Maybe a little but I'm not calling him a good coach.

- - - Updated - - -

San An lost. :/

It's looking like all the road teams are gonna win lol.

Wtf. This is too much basketball for me to watch guys holy shit. Even if they were good games I just can't stand how many games there are. Idk, I just don't like watching all this basketball, one good game, maybe two in a day is good, but all this? It just bores me lately lol.

I'd be happy with like 4 marquee basketball matchups a week. Maybe less. Maybe 2.

Deleted
    It's about each game becoming more important and not having 13 fucking games a night -> less games -> higher quality games -> more national TV deals -> more $$. Not to mention the quality of teams all increase since there are better players.
    Wtf. This is too much basketball for me to watch guys holy shit. Even if they were good games I just can't stand how many games there are. Idk, I just don't like watching all this basketball, one good game, maybe two in a day is good, but all this? It just bores me lately lol.

I'd be happy with like 4 marquee basketball matchups a week. Maybe less. Maybe 2.
    You just answered yourself.

1 good and 9 trashy games? Must watch.
    3 games and all of them decent? Nah, it bores me.

Another point is: everything is relative.

If you watch crazy moves from every team every day you will loose your interest in this sport attraction.
    But right now if somebody pulls off a sstar move it has that 'wow' effect that keeps you waiting for more.
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2013-12-27 at 12:15 AM.

What? Except for LAC @ GSW they were all trashy games. Do you think it's fun for me to spend 5 hours watching Knicks and Nets suck, and then spending 8 hours hearing the commentators for the rest of the games say "lol Knicks are so bad." "Damn Nets where yo money @?" "Lol New Yorkers must be clinging to the Rangers because Knicks, Nets, Jets, and Giants all fucking suck dick."

I'd also say LAL game was trashy. I mean, LAL played well but come on, it's not like fucking Kobe was there playing PG or taking 40 shots.

Then the Houston SAS game was okay but lol it was kind of boring.

----

I don't like that there are 9 trashy games on, it makes the game I do watch feel unimportant.

----

Also, . Oh you said decent. Nah they were okay but decent is a strong word.

*yawn* I forgot today is TNT Thursday. I can't wait to see LAC @ Portland. Portland has been talk of the town and LAC was baller last night. They lost but holy shit that was crazy. They had 3 chances to win. CP3 missed once by an INCH to tie it. Was a real edge of seat moment. Then CP3 got blocked and I thought he was gonna get a technical for yelling at ref. Then they missed a 3 to win.

And Blake was fighting too, that was fun.

All against upcoming Damian Lillard (who I recently found out was 24 btw when he got compared to Kyrie. He's older, no wonder he's solid.) and Lamarcus Aldridge MVP caliber.

Btw did you guys see those Wade Lebron dunks?!?!?!?

Wtf? I missed NBA games because I saw Anchorman 2 and it says Russell Westbrook out for 6 weeks because of surgery on NBA.com while I was checking scores.

I don't think it's a panic alarm thing and if I was OKC I wouldn't give a fuck because their record is good enough for now anyway but..............it really sucks. I mean, in Derrick Rose situation he was just a little injury prone, but Russell Westbrook is only having knee issues because of one non-malicious accident on court. I can't help but feel bad for the guy and OKC fans.

Good thing this guy's wife/brother-IL saw OKC while they had him, much more exciting. I wonder how they'll fare without him. Probably still 50% but still, the wins won't come as easily.

Knicks lost to fucking Toronto. /killme

10+ Year Old Account
    Poking my head in here to say that even though I didn't watch it: HAHA! The Kings beat the Heat! *sarcasm font* We are the best in the NBA! */end sarcasm font* Maybe they aren't an absolute joke right now, or at least are improving.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Poking my head in here to say that even though I didn't watch it: HAHA! The Kings beat the Heat! *sarcasm font* We are the best in the NBA! */end sarcasm font* Maybe they aren't an absolute joke right now, or at least are improving.
    I see, I see.