Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    In an actual real topic, spurs threw this one away, three point lead missing four ft in a row is a recipe for disaster.
    Yeah, that wasn't good. Still, credit to Lebron for banging down a ton of jumpers. Big clutch three from Bosh, and a nice look from him to Wade on that little tic-tac-toe sequence at the end to put them up five.

10+ Year Old Account
    For sure, heat played superb down the stretch, they desered it and the spurs choked it away at the line.

Looking forward to the next game! Also I want to see if they have the nerve to fine wade for that egregious flop.

I got it guys. Let's make a sports forum/chat...where, when posts are made during games, the score/time left/quarter is also recorded in the post (just like the time of post is recorded in MMO-C).

Huh. That's a pretty great idea. Basically an automatic live blog in conversation form.

For sure, heat played superb down the stretch, they desered it and the spurs choked it away at the line.

Looking forward to the next game! Also I want to see if they have the nerve to fine wade for that egregious flop.
    He hasn't been warned for flopping yet, so at worst he's looking at a warning... which he'll probably get.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have to ignore the thread most nights during the games, as I am usually rewound so I don't have to watch commercials lol!
    You're a towel.

Wolves guy aren't you supposed to be asleep for work.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, I'm at work right now :P
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Every time I see these "fouls", I keep thinking: "Damn, I would love to see any of these 2 teams play against '89-'90 Detroit Bad Boys with rules of that time". That would teach them what actual fouls are

OK, officiating for this game was quite bad. For both teams. I just hope referees learn a little bit from watching replays next day, just as players do.

Did anyone else see Bosh lose his mother fucking mind after he did a bounce pass that lead to a layup. That guy... needs to take some chill pills during the game

Quote Originally Posted by Kaso View Post
    Every time I see these "fouls", I keep thinking: "Damn, I would love to see any of these 2 teams play against '89-'90 Detroit Bad Boys with rules of that time". That would teach them what actual fouls are

OK, officiating for this game was quite bad. For both teams. I just hope referees learn a little bit from watching replays next day, just as players do.
    this dipshit-driven idea that the 80s and 90s were super tough is a goddamn joke. did you know they called more technical fouls and more personal fouls on average? did you know that the average sized center from 1980-1992 was 7' 225lbs (chris bosh is 6'11" 220lbs). did you know the average size at every other position was smaller than it is today? jordan at 6'6" 205lbs was the largest guard in the league. larry bird at 6'8" 210lbs was the largest SF in the league

nowadays those guys are small because today, guys are huge. 260lb lebron would be the 4th heaviest player in the NBA from 1980-1992, the year shaq came into the league and bullied every other center around at 290lbs.

back then they let you get away with flailing cheap shots, but guys still flopped. there is a youtube clip of isaiah thomas driving on MJ and MJ flops back 10' the second isaiah is in his airspace. it's ginobli-esque.

the only real difference is they let guys slap each other in the head back then which led to fights. it's what hockey has to do to, you know, so people will watch. now the game stands on its own two legs and doesn't need WWE antics to stay relevant. notice they changed the rules in the early 90s multiple times when the NBA became popular. folks said it was to help jordan past detroit, but that old-school untalented style of ball had served its purpose and was done.

if i'm watching basketball, that's what i wanna see, the game of basketball. if i'm watching a fight, i wanna see a fight. i don't wanna see a fight in a game of basketball

the knock nowadays is that the NBA uses refs to keep games more interesting sometimes. i don't like how they guide anything, although it's just a negative about a sport being big business

the people who miss the 80s and 90s either didn't see it or don't realize that you saw more FTA, more fouls, more ejections and far less basketball. average jump shot % goes up every year, back then guys couldn't shoot for shit (larry bird is considered an all time great shooter, and he shot 40% or higher on jumpers once in his career, lebron has already done that 4 times and isn't considered a great jump shooter)

80s and 90s are mostly bullshit myth. i watched every game on every sunday back then, the only time it came on tv for non-bball markets, and it wasn't super tough, it was mostly a bunch of guys going against man to man defenses (since zone was illegal and that meant the paint was WIDE OPEN) and cutting to the lane to hit easy layups or dunks about 50 times a game with a few jumpers sprinkled in among all the FT

Uhhh Not sure why all the spurs hate just randomly showed up. LOLWUT? YOU'RE ACTUALLY ASKING THIS? YOU RAGE AGAINST THE HEAT 24/7 You think the Spurs flop a lot? Every team does, its a part of the game LOL REALLY? THEN WHY DO YOU BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT WHEN THE HEAT FLOP AND ACT LIKE NO ONE ELSE DOES IT at this point and until they start giving actual punishments for it (Oh no, a 5k fine when I make 5 million!) nothing will change.

Lebron never gets T's for doing much more demonstrative shit then Duncan ever does, because he is Lebron Great damn arguement "because he is Lebron". Is there an argument against that? Lebron screams at refs with his arms spread wide and never gets T's.

A "Floppy soft western team" no bad/soft team would get to the finals, the West is a gauntlet of pain compared to the joke that is the East...

The bucks were not even a playoff team this year, not sure who you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the people talking about it are like full time NBA fans, just finals watching <.<
    This post is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebron is one of the most demonstrative whiners in the game, the fact he does not get 1-2 techs per game for it is embarassing for the league but they can't make him look bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like its going to be a low scoring one.
    MAybe if you stopped exaggerating to the point of 100% nonsense your posts would actually make sense.

"the fact he does not get 1-2 techs per game" - Seriously, you call yourself an NBA fan? THe fact you hate Lebron SO much is why you want to see the Heat lose, not because you are a spurs fan. You're a pathetic excuse for an NBA fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Did anyone else see Bosh lose his mother fucking mind after he did a bounce pass that lead to a layup. That guy... needs to take some chill pills during the game
    Player plays with emotion... is told to calm down. Makes sense.

/Sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Kaso View Post

they do, and they have the nba crawling down their neck on what fouls need to be called and what not to call to insure asses in seats. gotta love those "fair" refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that the NBA realizes that truly overt flops, like Wade's one against Manu, need some form of in-game punishment. Give them a technical-type penalty, and even boot them out of the game if they get two of them (but they don't count as actual fouls, they have their separate thing). I'm sure Wade won't care about that 20k or whatever if it helps him win a title. he probably keeps that much money in his sock.

Wade just got fined $5k for that flop.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wade just got fined $5k for that flop.

How much for this flop?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jL84Sqgum0
    You cared enough to post.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Oh look, a completely irrelevant post flaming Michael Jordan from icausewipes. More news at 11 folks!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No exaggeration there at all...... Explain to me how Jordan flopping is relevant at all to the discussion about Wade?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Oh look, a completely irrelevant post flaming Michael Jordan from icausewipes. More news at 11 folks!
    Is that central or est? How is it flaming if it is the truth? I just posted his gambleness flopping like today's nba stars.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post

MAybe if you stopped exaggerating to the point of 100% nonsense your posts would actually make sense.

"the fact he does not get 1-2 techs per game" - Seriously, you call yourself an NBA fan? THe fact you hate Lebron SO much is why you want to see the Heat lose, not because you are a spurs fan. You're a pathetic excuse for an NBA fan.

/Sarcasm off
    I am not a spurs fan in any way, not sure where you got that from. You don't think Lebron is the most demonstrative ref whiner in the league? Please.

I have not seen a single post from you in this thread until the finals started, and you call me someone that does not watch the game? Right, I'm sure you are a super fan, that randomly loves the heat, right?

Changing peoples quotes is pretty much the lowest form of insult, which leads me to believe I can safely just ignore you, combined with your complete ignorance of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do people have to turn every single argument into MICHAEL JORDAN DID IT ONCE TO!!!! THUS IT IS FINE!?

This is just getting sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I just hope that the NBA realizes that truly overt flops, like Wade's one against Manu, need some form of in-game punishment. Give them a technical-type penalty, and even boot them out of the game if they get two of them (but they don't count as actual fouls, they have their separate thing). I'm sure Wade won't care about that 20k or whatever if it helps him win a title. he probably keeps that much money in his sock.
    What? Wade didn't flop, only people on the Spurs flop, haven't you been reading the posts by the people that have only been posting since the finals have started? The ones cheering for Miami only because they have James and he is the best player in the league?

(note, I don't mean some of the Miami fans that have posted before, but the last few pages have been ridiculously biased.)

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and youtube "Lebron james whining to refs" there are like 100,000 results, guy is a complete cry baby any time something is not called his way 100%. But keep saying only the spurs did it!

- - - Updated - - -
    You're a towel.