Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hes not white, hes European therefore it isn't racist!

ESPN is hilarious. They just had a segment about what is wrong with the heat with the following graphic: "Heat on season high 2-game losing streak"

TWO GAME LOSING STREAK?! Blow it up!! The Heat are only seven games above .500 at 12-5. There is manufacturing crisis out of nothingness which ESPN is famous for and then there is this lol. When you are the guy typing up a graphic about a 2 game losing streak wouldn't you look at your boss and say "Really?"
    I know know there is no racism in the T-Wolves organization I think it is funny that people bring it up just because they have some white people who cares. If the spurs lose 2 or even 3 games straight espn wouldn't even mention it but if the Heat or Lakers lose 2-3 straight its an all day thing on espn I don't get it since in the last 15 years spurs have had more winning season's then those 2 teams.

I'm sure any of the Big 7 teams had a 3 game losing streak they'd get some comments. But a whole segment on a 2 game losing streak? Only for the Miami Heat lol.

Just in case you don't know who Big 7 are:
    1. Memphis
    2. OKC
    3. Heat
    4. Spurs
    5. Knicks
    6. LAC
    7. LAL

In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm sure any of the Big 7 teams had a 3 game losing streak they'd get some comments. But a whole segment on a 2 game losing streak? Only for the Miami Heat lol.

Just in case you don't know who Big 7 are:
    1. Memphis
    2. OKC
    3. Heat
    4. Spurs
    5. Knicks
    6. LAC
    7. LAL

In that order.
    While I agree that those are the top teams (perhaps a small gripe with the ordering, but...), I don't think that the media gives a crap about the Grizzlies, and to a lesser extent, the Clippers. They're great teams, but they don't get much recognition.

Well the ordering is always debatable. But we're not talking about "media" media that just cares about the surface and big names, we're talking about professional ESPN analysts. I do think that if Memphis, the team with the best record of 13-3, suddenly lost 3 games, those analysts would at least mention it.

LAC probably not, no one gives a fuck about LAC to be honest lol. LAC is probably the least cared about team on that list. Rest count though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:49 PM ----------

So. Knicks played @ Chicago. And lost...................................................................................... ...Melo decided to sit out again. Knicks looked worn out lol, which is sad because they have another game tomorrow @ NY against Denver. Schedule sucks.

Memphis lost to Atlanta :O and Memphis is supposed to be best team evah. :O uh oh. 2 more losses for them and we'll get to see if what I said about L-3 for Big 7 (except LAC) = discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Blueobelisk I don't think they would even care if Memphis lost 5 straight. My order would be something like this.

1.Lakers
    2.Heat
    3.Knicks
    4.OKC
    5.Spurs

But really besides the first 2 maybe 3 ESPN doesn't care Grizz,Spurs,and Thunder play in small market teams and by small market I mean they are not NY,LA,Chicago,Dallas,and Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    @Blueobelisk I don't think they would even care if Memphis lost 5 straight. My order would be something like this.

1.Lakers
    2.Heat
    3.Knicks
    4.OKC
    5.Spurs

But really besides the first 2 maybe 3 ESPN doesn't care Grizz,Spurs,and Thunder play in small market teams and by small market I mean they are not NY,LA,Chicago,Dallas,and Miami.
    In terms of media coverage? Because I don't think the Knicks are above OKC and the Spurs. And, as much as I'm a Laker fan, they're not #1. At least, not right now.

If your ranking media coverage than the Bulls, Celtics and Mavericks would have to be listed, basically large media cities. If it is by the best teams than I dont see how anyone can say the Lakers are best right now.

I find it funny how its Bulls beat Melo-less Knicks in the headline. Like the Bulls arent also missing their best player who is way better than Melo is. Marco Bellineli has been balling lately seems like a really good pickup, much better than Rip Hamilton. Ive decided I no longer want former Detroit Pistons players, they are bad news.... fuckin Ben Wallace.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Ive decided I no longer want former Detroit Pistons players, they are bad news.... fuckin Ben Wallace.
    I don't know man. You sure you don't want Tayshaun? He definitely seems like a candidate to become the next former-Piston Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't know man. You sure you don't want Tayshaun? He definitely seems like a candidate to become the next former-Piston Bull.
    I can't tell, do you love or hate 'Prince? *chuckles*

Nets lost to...Bucks...in Brooklyn. Loser ass team.

Knicks had Melo playing and beat Denver at home. Undefeated at home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    In terms of media coverage? Because I don't think the Knicks are above OKC and the Spurs. And, as much as I'm a Laker fan, they're not #1. At least, not right now.
    Yes Media coverage is how I listed the teams atm. Yea if Derrick Rose wasn't hurt the Bulls would get a lot more media attention and Dirk and the Mavs are fading away/getting old.
    Power Rankings would be
    1. Spurs
    2. Memphis
    3. Clippers
    4. Knicks
    5. Thunder/Heat I don't trust Thunder that much this year idk.

Deleted
    Yes Media coverage is how I listed the teams atm. Yea if Derrick Rose wasn't hurt the Bulls would get a lot more media attention and Dirk and the Mavs are fading away/getting old.
    Power Rankings would be
    1. Spurs
    2. Memphis
    3. Clippers
    4. Knicks
    I don't comment here that often, I do read every single day what the guys here are posting. Power ranking is current level, right? /regular season/

If so, there is no way to put the thunder that low. If is overall, there is no way to put Heat that low;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    I don't comment here that often, I do read every single day what the guys here are posting. Power ranking is current level, right? /regular season/

If so, there is no way to put the thunder that low. If is overall, there is no way to put Heat that low;-)
    Regular season yeah I put them that low because the Heat play half ass till the playoffs and I don't like the Thunders bench atm. The Knicks have beat the Heat twice so far Spurs almost beat them just playing there bench and Clippers match up with them so that's why I put those teams at 5 which isn't low its still the top 5 I think ESPN has the Heat ranked at 6th. Thunder have 4 loses and out of those loses one was to the spurs and the other to Memphis. I will probably change Clippers and Thunder thou as the season goes on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Power Rankings would be
    1. Spurs
    2. Memphis
    3. Clippers
    4. Knicks
    Meh I don't trust the Clippers at all as long as VDN is the coach. He is horrible. Right now they are getting by on pure talent and a pillowy soft schedule over the last 6 games (following their 4 game losing streak). They have the talent to be a great team, but I won't ever trust that team until VDN isn't the coach.

As for the Spurs, that team is beyond comprehension right now. Their level of consistency and excellence is nuts. Had they not taken the night off against the Heat, they would likely be on a 10 game winning streak right now. Its nuts how good they are still.

Magic are only 1 game behind the lakers. How is that possible? They have like 3-4 hall of famers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Magic are only 1 game behind the lakers. How is that possible? They have like 3-4 hall of famers.
    Well they are a bazillion years old for one thing for two they have had 2 coaches and the system they have now revolves around a point guard and he isn't in yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Pretty hilarious. The Lakers are now 1-10 when Kobe takes 19+ shots this year (as pointed out by Spectral last week when they were 1-7). Nash could be back this week. If you are a Lakers fan, you better hope he is because something needs to change with this team and it needs to change now. There are 0 excuses for giving up 117 points to fucking Utah. UTAH!! Then again they did drop 131 on the Raptors on Friday so maybe I am being harsh on the Jazz a bit here).

Speaking of the Lakers, my sister was looking to get tickets for the Pistons/Lakers game since he is a Lakers fan. I was helping her look for tickets and they are around $60 for upper deck seats in Detroit in a few months. $60! For comparison, tickets to the next couple home games in the exact same section as those $60 tickets (again upper deck section 216)
    Denver: $5
    Pacers: $10
    Clippers: $13
    Wizards: $6
    Heat: $52
    Bucks: $6
    Kings: $5
    Timberwolves (in March): $9 (which I need to buy and get a girlfriend prior to so I don't go alone because it is way less fun solo. Went to a Wings game solo once on New Years Eve before driving back two hours in a death blizzard for a party. Not that fun).

Talk about star driven prices lol.

Looking at team stats, I came to the realization that the Timberwolves are essentially the Bulls. I died a little inside knowing I enjoyed watching such a horrendous team. The Timberwolves are a top 5 defense (shocking considering their best defensive player hasn't played all year) and a bottom 7 offense (although injuries to every single one of their offensive players has something to do with that). They are both horrendous at shooting the 3 (Chicago is 6th worst Minnesota is the worst). They are damn close to each other in pretty much every metric. Even their records are pretty similar with Chicago's being slightly better (plus Chicago is leading their shit division somehow). Oh ya and both are missing their dynamic playmaker lol.

Deleted
    So lakers 60, heat 52. heat being the defending champions and having lbj, wade & allen -.-

ps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-MW5tkTWtQ
    Last edited by mmoc691382dc63; 2012-12-10 at 06:23 PM.

But comparing Rubio to Rose is pretty insulting. Bulls are a top 3-5 team in the league with Rose. Wolves arent even close to that with Rubio. Its hard to have a successful offense when your main cog that dominates the ball is suddenly gone relying on Deng, Noah and Boozer to carry the load. Even still, the main difference is Chicago is a much better shooting team than Minnesota. I dont mean 3s just pure shooting, FTs and long 2s. For 3 pointers they never really take them anymore, with the departure of Korver and Watson nobody else save for Bellineli really likes the 3 point shot as a main part of their arsenal. Rose has developed a decent 3 point shot as part of his game so it should go up when hes back but not by too much.

LOL anyone else hear about Stephen Jacksons tweet to Serge Ibaka? "'Somebody tell serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much.'' Classy guy.

I really wish there was more real competition in the East. Im partially pulling for the Knicks to be good since Im tired of Miami being able to essentially sleep walk through the regular and postseason. I dont buy into Brooklyn or Atlanta in the slightest. Boston is done in my book, they can advance a round maybe 2 if they luck out and play the shitty 76ers again, otherwise I dotn see it. Indiana and Philadelphia are slightly more intriguing but only if they are healthy and if Hibbert/Bynum arent playing like shit, which is a mighty big if half the time. I dont see either of them being a threat in the end. Realistically it seems like only a healthy lock-down defensive Bulls team or a hot shooting Knicks team has any chance of beating Miami and even then its unlikely.

I'd suck dick for those prices lol....

And yeah Conscript it sucks to go alone. I had a $25 ticket to a Heat/Knicks game back last season and had to go alone, it was super gay. I had these ghetto fucking bar like seats in the Rosa Parksest section of the arena and this like family of people were sitting in my seat thinking it wasn't an actual seat that got sold and this girl was like heartbroken I came because her Aunt Sally had to move. Was ridiculous. Going alone is horrible.

I'd get season tickets/a mini plan if I had someone to go with, but all my friends are baseball fans or don't want to go so often, so I need to get a girlfriend and force her to go to all these games with me too. :/ (Hopefully some rich bitch who can buy me the tickets lol..)

Hawks v. Heat tonight. If Heat lose then Atlanta becomes leader of SouthEast Division (and beat them in record record anyway, moving up to rank 2).