Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I hate NBA conspiracy talk its so moronic for people that actually believe it, everybody only brings it up when it supports what they say and ignore the countless times where it wouldnt make sense, like how the league already sold the Hornets a while ago so it isnt a conspiracy for themselves, it doesnt benefit them in any way the deal is made. Last time New Orleans was in the lottery while being owned by the NBA they ended up with the 11th pick. Im sure the league also really wanted Dwight Howard to face off against Kobe in the finals as opposed to Lebron when every commercial was of the Kobe/Lebron puppets. Im also sure they want the Spurs to make the finals instead of the Thunder. There are games and sometimes series where officiating sucks and there will be drafts where the favorite doesnt win, thats probability for you. None of it is an actual conspiracy against anyone.

Im really glad that Nets didnt win I didnt like the idea of them trading the pick for Dwight Howard to keep Deron Williams around. Im also glad Charlotte didnt get the top pick, dont want to reward being one of the suckiest teams to ever suck by giving them a easier path.
    The conspiracy isn't that New Orleans won the pick to help the league because the league owns the team. The conspiracy is that the league was trying to get the highest price they could, and if they threw in the 1st overall pick when a true franchise player was available, then they could not only attract a buyer but get a better price.

Nobody believes that the league fixes EVERY draft lottery and EVERY playoff series/championship. But there are at least two cases (Lakers vs Kings 2002, Heat vs Mavs 2006) where the officiating was so ridiculously one-sided that the LEAST ridiculous explanation is that it was rigged. And with one ref (Donaghy) coming forward to both confirm it and also to give the mechanism and the main actors involved, the conspiracy whispers grow.

The NBA is so centrally-driven with Stern insisting on such dictator-like control, it's easy for people to start thinking things are rigged. Especially when so many improbable "storylines" (as one disgruntled team exec said after the Cavs won last year after losing Lebron and with their owner bringing his sick kid to the draft) seem to happen.

I do think the NBA has used league directives and ref assignments to influence the outcome of some playoff games. I don't think that they rig the draft lottery. however, there have so many "coincidences" in the past decade (I count 6), that if we ever find out that it was indeed rigged I would not bat an eyelid in surprise.

"Im sure the league also really wanted Dwight Howard to face off against Kobe in the finals as opposed to Lebron when every commercial was of the Kobe/Lebron puppets."

I live in orlando and it was during the 4th vote to build a new arena, the previous 3 didnt get the votes. The league also sat on richard lewis's failed ped test (playoffs test) until our new arena got approved.

I still think lebraun would of had a ring by now if the league were credible, richard was the best player on our team and we beat them in the closest playoff series ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    "Im sure the league also really wanted Dwight Howard to face off against Kobe in the finals as opposed to Lebron when every commercial was of the Kobe/Lebron puppets."

I live in orlando and it was during the 4th vote to build a new arena, the previous 3 didnt get the votes. The league also sat on richard lewis's failed ped test (playoffs test) until our new arena got approved.

I still think lebraun would of had a ring by now if the league were credible, richard was the best player on our team and we beat them in the closest playoff series ever.
    Rashard Lewis...? I honestly don't know anything about this. What's a ped test?
    Further question... if Lebron and the Cavs couldn't beat the Magic that year, and the Magic went on to get roflstomped by the Lakers in the Finals... what makes you think Lebron and the Cavs could've beat the Lakers that year?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Thunder got the win that we probably may have saw coming. Time to see what the Spurs do as a result of this blowout.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Rashard Lewis...? I honestly don't know anything about this. What's a ped test?
    Further question... if Lebron and the Cavs couldn't beat the Magic that year, and the Magic went on to get roflstomped by the Lakers in the Finals... what makes you think Lebron and the Cavs could've beat the Lakers that year?
    Not sure if sarcasm, but at the end of that season/beginning of the playoffs, Lewis failed a test for performance enhancing drugs. He claimed that it was from a tainted over the counter supplement which we all know is complete bullshit. These are millionaire athletes playing for franchises worth many more millions that have absolutely elite training and medical staffs (except for Portland). No one takes "over the counter" anything or anything at all without team supervision unless they are hiding it especially not when it comes to testosterone boosting steroids. Last I checked those didn't randomly turn up in Tylenol. Anyways, he failed his test at the beginning of the playoffs, but the NBA never mentioned it a single time until August when they suspended him for the first 10 games of the next season. Essentially they swept his positive test under the rug so one of the most important players on the Magic could continue to play in the playoffs boosting their stadium deal and not tarnish the image of the NBA.

Also, there was no chance in hell the Cavs beat the Lakers that season. Not at all. Orlando had the upperhand on the Lakers in the interior, still got rolled. The Cavs would have gotten devoured inside.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    I am a big LeBron fan, but I don't think that at all. There was certainly nothing shady last year when they lost. Prior to that, the Cavs were simply a horrible, horrible franchise. Gilbert is a joke of an owner. They never put a single player even close to All-Star caliber on the team with LeBron until they brought in the beached whale version of Shaq. He had no shot of winning a title on that team. The fact that he made the Finals was a miracle.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-01 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If LeBron jumpers keep falling, its gonna be a long night for the Celtics. On the bright side for them, he shots free throw worse then Joel Anthony.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Heat can beat Boston, Indy, and the Knicks when Wade decides to take the first half off. They can't beat the Spurs like this though. Dwyane Wade needs to show up for four freaking quarters rather than two like he has about 6 games in a row now.

I kinda figured Boston would win tonight. No way they were getting swept. Miami looked like they basically mailed this one in except for James.

Another shitty game for the officials.

I gave up watching the ECF, as I've resigned to the idea that Boston just can't beat Miami in the series.

Watching the highlights though, Ray Allen looks like he's getting healthy. It's been a while since he's actually dunked the ball.
    He's definitely one of the players I'll be watching this offseason to see where he goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya last night was a pretty miserable game for the Heat. The secondary players outside of Chalmers didn't show up including Battier with a big ZERO points. Wade didn't show up for the entire game this time rather than just the first half. LeBron was good, not great late, but the game was effectively over at that point. I expect them to win the next two though, just like the Spurs. It was a pretty bad game all around. Two of the best lane driving players in the NBA combined for 5 FTs (0 of which were Wade's), about a fifth of what LeBron had alone in game two lol. It wasn't a good enough effort all around

The refs were giving them zero calls. Seemed like a makeup game for all the bitching Boston has done for two games.

But Miami just came out flat. James played really well in the first quarter, but no one else did. Miami just took the game off. Really aggravating to watch.

On the plus side, my Mets got the first no hitter in team history last night, and my Devils are in the Cup tonight. Go Jersey.

How are the heat supposed to win when they only get 20 ft's? Come on, they got 47 in the previous game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The refs were giving them zero calls. Seemed like a makeup game for all the bitching Boston has done for two games.

But Miami just came out flat. James played really well in the first quarter, but no one else did. Miami just took the game off. Really aggravating to watch.

On the plus side, my Mets got the first no hitter in team history last night, and my Devils are in the Cup tonight. Go Jersey.
    I don't think it was a makeup game, I just honestly think the refs in the NBA are just incredibly inconsistent. What is and isn't a foul changes from game to game and team to team, hell player to player even. Its the same way in every major sport. The strikezone fluctuates so badly in baseball it takes 4-5 innings each game to figure out where the hell it is and even then the calls change in late innings, plus MLB umps are just bad at their job in almost every single case and face absolutely no discipline for being bad. Football is a little bit more consistent. The NHL isn't too awful and at least tries to keep the same standard game to game except in off ice discipline which is just awful for consistency.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 09:06 PM ----------

One quarter in the books, or just about, and Dwyane Wade no shows again.

15+ Year Old Account
    One half and change in the book, and Dwyane Wade is 2 of 12.

OVAHHHHHTIME. Holy fuck at this KG and Lebron James thing. That fucked Boston over. + meh earlier when Paul pierce got raped by wade and no call.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 11:51 PM ----------

Victory in boston woo.

oh guys I wanna say. Idk anymore, Brooklyn season ticket prices for nets are out and it turns out to be a 22 min drive from my house. Even easier than the Knicks.

But I'm gonna see who they get and what their roster is like before doing anything. Still waiting for Knicks to reply to me to tell me season tick prices.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-06-04 at 03:53 AM.

1. Miami needs to stop this whole "Let's take the first half off" bullshit.
    2. Wade needs to figure his shit out and start playing.
    3. How does Miami still not have a last possession offense?

All that and if D-Wade knocks down that 3, we still win. I figured game three would be a loss. This one was obnoxious. They better win game five in Miami or they're going to be in serious trouble.

Oh and Rondo needs to shut his mouth. No one on the Celtics can really say anything about someone else whining to the refs ever. Going to love to see how good he is in a couple years when Pierce, Allen, and Garnett are all gone.
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-06-04 at 04:12 AM.

All that and if D-Wade knocks down that 3, we still win. I figured game three would be a loss. This one was obnoxious. They better win game five in Miami or they're going to be in serious trouble.

Oh and Rondo needs to shut his mouth. No one on the Celtics can really say anything about someone else whining to the refs ever. Going to love to see how good he is in a couple years when Pierce, Allen, and Garnett are all gone.

So because one game was finally called somewhat fairly, they cannot "whine" that the first and second games were so horribly officiated I decided to not even watch another game this eastern conference finals? Heat fans are fun

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    So because one game was finally called somewhat fairly, they cannot "whine" that the first and second games were so horribly officiated I decided to not even watch another game this eastern conference finals? Heat fans are fun
    All four games have been pretty badly officiated. They can't talk because they did nothing but bitch about it to the media for four days. The ONLY reason the last two games were "fairly" called is that the shitty calls have gone both ways. If you think two guys who drive the lane damn near every possession getting 5 free throws between them in game 3 is normal, than you are as biased as you're accusing me of being.

In any case, no. You don't get to be a whiny bitch about officiating for a few days and then make fun of the other team for doing it. Unless you want other people to point out how much of a whiny, bitchy hypocrite you are. And I don't care is the calls were good, bad, or indifferent.

15+ Year Old Account

1. It isn't the Heat it is Wade.
    2. Yep, he is killing the team. He is forcing LeBron to play his ass off for 45 minute per night and it is killing him.
    3. Spo is a bad coach

Rondo is a guy who whines about calls, like many in the NBA. People always slam James for that, but last I checked it was Rondo who was so petulant he was suspended twice this season for throwing a ball at the ref or bumping one of them.

Hopefully they get Bosh back in game 5. Then he can play and perhaps actually give the team something in the first half instead of being completely worthless like Wade has been this postseason.

I think Rondos comment was in reference to Dwayne Wade only, but rather than say his name he just said the Heat. And if I heard the comment right and if it was just about Wade than I absolutely agree. Theres a few plays per game it seems where Wade drives to the basket and doesnt make it. Rather than get back to play defense he stands there and jumps and yells at the referee for not getting his call. Its laughable for someone like me who wants them to lose, I can only imagine how infuriated I'd be if I wanted them to win, Id lose my mind if a Bulls player did this. Bitching to the refs a lot is bad enough but hes literally hurting his team by making them play 4 on 5 while he complains and I think thats what Rondo was talking about, when Rondo and the Celtics see him do that they immediately want to push to take advantage of having what should be an open shot.

I hope everybody is watching this, you ready?
    Good Job Lebron! I actually mean it, not being saracastic. You were left open at a crucial point of the game where your team desperately needed the points and you drilled it. Thats what you should be doing more and more often, obviously you wont be open all the time but cant blame the guy that the defense didnt bother to guard him. I wont even criticize the last play in regulation either, it was a terribly run play to begin with. Lebron ran into a triple team so he made the smart move passing... was kindve a shitty pass but mightve got tipped since Chalmers was stupid enough to run his man right into Lebron. Him fouling out I cant blame either cause that was a bad call. Watching the replay I thought it shouldve been a no call, but if you are going to call anything there thats a foul on Pietrus not James. He didnt do anything but post up and back down. Im not one of those people that says you cant make off the ball fouls in late games, a foul is a foul in my book no matter where in the game it is. That just wasnt a foul so shouldnt be called.

And I get Lebron fouled out but good lord how do you muster only 2 points in a 5 minute overtime. Thats pathetic Miami. You arent going to win versus anybody playing like that. Funny enough Boston scored a measly 4.

Both series are going at least 6 now, more than I thought and I gotta say Im still quite confident in both my picks (Spurs + Heat). If either of them somehow lose game 5 though then its some serious trouble and Id start to hit the panic button. As a fan of basketball I am quite pleased, I love me some competitive games.