Thread: Priest pvp

Deleted

Priest pvp

I want to go pvp with my priest, but I don't know wich spec would be good, I never played a caster in pvp before.

Prefere healing or dps?

Both disc and shadow are good in pvp. Holy not so good.

Deleted
    I made my disc into a shadow spec, but will make it disc again if its better, I like both healing and dps

Both shadow and disc are good so its up to you.

Deleted
    The problem is, I know how to heal in pvp, but I don't know how to dps in pvp, with all those casts and stuff

Best thing to do is try both dps and healing and see how you like them both.

Check arenajunkies for a spec + general info.

Are you fakecasting etc? Getting good at fakecasting is really important for both healers and dps casters, if they can kick your casts without effort you are in for a ride that won't end well. Positioning is also something you want to get good at, try stay close to los or obsticles that you can kite around/dodge spells with.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE shadow, but I have to argue against above posters that Holy is not good... it's AMAZING if you know how to play it properly. Here are some situational anecdotes about why Holy rules... I'll also list cases where I go shadow.

1.) In Tol Barad, I love holy because, obviously, the large scale of the fight makes aoe Chakra invaluable, both for HW Sanctuary and the increased aoe heals. Circle of healing, in instant, smart aoe heal, also is invaluable for big melees. Same case with boss fights in Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley.
    2.) Lightwell kicks ass in BGs, since you can strategically drop it at a flag or some other defensible position while you go elsewhere to heal.
    3.) If you have glyph of desperation, Spirit of Redemption can be cast while stunned to save you a death. Furthermore, tools like your instant heal (and increased single-target healing buff) from HW Serenity and Desperate Prayer are great to heal you quickly through burst damage.
    3.) HW Chastise, your default chakra state, is a good interrupt
    4.) Body and Soul talent cannot be stressed enough. This is why I always get my rated BG invites and why my guild teams can excel in WSG and TP. I stay on the flag carrier like glue before the grab, pre-shielding, tossing up Prayer of Mending and Renew. Body and Soul will increase his movement speed every time I shield, and that is effing AWESOME. But the talent's real power lies in the movement speed increase after using Leap of Faith (aka Life Grip). When I see the enemy descending upon our FC, I mount up and ride ahead to maximum range. Once they all swarm him, I Life Grip him 40 yards ahead and out of their pack/range. The I hit my instant heals to top him off, finished up by a shield to boost his movement speed again. Enemies chasing? Drop a fear bomb and watch them scatter as your FC runs for the cap. Many very good BG teams use a holy priest for this exact reason.
    5.) I will admit that Disc has better survival tools overall, but I am a fan of huge heals pumped out fast. I have played disc and good ones are ridiculous hard to bring down if there are only one or two attackers... Disc make good distraction targets in this sense. Keep in mind that, as a healer, ESPECIALLY if you do arenas or rated BGs, you are going to be mana burned and/or trained down first. I play disc in arenas for that reason (In twos, it's just a matter of surviving the initial burst of a 2 dps team then grinding them down... a healer/dps team is all about mana burning that healer). My personal choice is holy because I do more random BGs and RBGs than arenas. Always, though, your choice should reflect your preferred play style.
    6.) As much as I love holy PvP, I switch to shadow in some cases. If there are other competent healers in BG (9 times out of 10 in randoms, there are not), I'll go shadow. Also, for Strand of the Ancients, I always go shadow. It's all about the zerg. On offense, you are running and gunning, so the CC of shadow to get your demolishers through and plow through defenders is more important than the minimal healing you can do (by the time u get a cast off, your ppl are out of range or, worse, you make a tasty target to defenders while you stand still). On defense, it's all about killing demolishers. If the opposition makes it to the courtyard, you can always drop shadow and use your PoM and hymn of hope for some emergency patch-ups, then go back into shadow.

I probably left some stuff out, but I just wanted to state my case for the fun and utility of holy PvP. Ultimately, your own experiences will dictate what you prefer. There is no wrong choice. Have fun, man.