Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFR- How well has it worked for you?

Just wondering if anyone else has had success with LFR.

I have sat in LFR four times now. No success with any of them. I have more success spamming trade chat in SW.

- 2 hr on Sunday afternoon for FL10 / FL25
    - 1 hr on Monday night for FL10 / FL25
    - 1.5 hrs on Wednesday night for BH10 / BH25
    - 1 hr on Thursday night for FL10 / FL25

I'm pretty disappointed in LFRs ability to match you to a group in a timely matter. Yes, this could be because people just don't want to raid those. But, I thought these raids were battlegroup wide? Maybe blizzard should think about expanding their LFRs to country-wide? (yes I am serious, 1 hour wait time -- just to not get into a raid is a little ridiculous)

Starting to feel like LFR hype was a complete joke.

No problem here, as long as its during normal time and not 2 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My que time as a healer is pretty fast, even when I bring four dps guild members with me. Yes, people usually leave right after we kill a boss or if we somehow wipe(I had my first Hagra wipe last night. Tanks failed terribly) but I usually que up and finish the LFR first wing in about 40 minutes. I have only tried the second wing once and got two bosses down but left after a few wipes on Spine after the rest of the raid left. About an hour and thirty over all, but very enjoyable.

I love the idea of the LFR, but I can't wait for the ability to que for multiple raids in MoP.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I thought LFR was only active for DS?

I have enjoyed in thoroughly so far as I seem to be a set piece magnet.

15+ Year Old Account
    As dps I've had 10 minute queues and it's worked out better than expected. The groups I've been in didn't collapse into troll-fests, so I consider that a win regardless of the skill of the people playing.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine have all been about 5minutes and that's at a range of times, in addition about half of the ques I've joined (5 85s that I've been doing it on so 15 times so far) I have been afk for, and on return was zoned into the instance, the rest of the group at varrying levels from trash to being on the boss well I was sitll at the start.

Once though I got back to find my hunter in LFR with 1 offline person in the group, no one else, and it appeared as if I had joined a run that was 3/4 and they had killed Hagara well I was afk, now luckily I was at the start and so didn't get loot locked, but the best part was I did get VP for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    Maybe it is? Can anyone confirm this? The selections are there to queue for other raids. Just in the main windows of LFR you only have selections for DS.

So are you saying you were just listing your name for those four raids? No wonder you never got a queue... The Raid Finder only does matchmaking for Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account

Heh, I am only a loot magnet when I que with my guild's tank(RL Best friend) but if I que with my other friend, I win nothing.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    first week,
    thought id queue up for it. got insta queue but and entered but everyone kept leaving and joining again.. so i left aswell
    the day after i did it again, 2 last bosses down "havent seen the first 2"
    than i queued up again but couldnt enter as we all got thrown out..so i left again..
    than yet another queue and got summoned to 4th boss and people started wiping on the first wave of mobs.
    now the second week has started and i actually dont feel like q'ing again since i actually want to have fun instead of getting pissed off at buggy stuff/people that have no clue whatsoever..even in ezmode raids

Quote Originally Posted by Dtere1 View Post
    Maybe it is? Can anyone confirm this? The selections are there to queue for other raids. Just in the main windows of LFR you only have selections for DS.
    LFR is for Dragon Soul only. The other choices put you on the list for the old Raid Finder tool.

Oh wow, you are right. What the OP is probably talking about is the old LFR from WotLK, where you just listed your char with short message (used to be GS, dps etc) and when people were doing PuGs they would look here and find if any of the people were suitable for their raid.

In that case, no wonder he wasnt joining automatically any raid

Worked fine for me, I got to see 8/8 bosses before my prepaid time ends tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yo dude, you listed your name in that feature not the LFR.
    LFR queue times for dps for me is like 9-13 minutes.
    Heals for me is like 3-5 minutes
    Tank is usually instant on off-peak hours and like 2 minutes on peak hours.

So far im liking it.

you are mixing up two different systems: the old system, which allows you to list your name for a certain instance, and pugs can look trough the list and invite people. this never was used very much, but has been there for quite a while.

the new system is only for DS and auto queues you cross realm, with a seperate difficulty etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting like 10min queue max, many times pretty much instant

Maybe you should change battle groups, or if your a tank, go re roll a dps. haha. Tank queue times are really bad, but that is easily fixed by grabbing 3 or 4 healers from your guild and queuing with them. DPS wait time on windrunner is about 6 minutes at most times of the day. Tank is closer to 40 minutes.
    Master of Things to DO

Deleted
    Good but i notice people jumping from lfr into normal raiding and failing terribly =/

You can almost surive standing in anything in lfr but in the normal dungeons you die. i guess people don't really know that

I'm finding it pretty easy. 5-10 minute wait to get in as dps.

Group failed 4 times, started to despair a bit. Someone did some explaining of tacts and then we killed it easy.

Group completely failed to do DW spine multiple times. Dropped out and got a new raid in under 5 minutes. Was only one boss backwards, but sailed through it quickly.

Raiding GF stole my keyboard and shouted at people on the final DW fight because the chosen dragon order was dumb (apparently); after that it wasn't too bad, but the tanks had to be CR'd repeatedly for failing at taunts. Personally, I wish there was 3 or 4 tanks in the raid, even though 2 are required.

Looting pissed me off with ninja needs; but as long as I just focussed on seeing the content it didn't bother me too much.

Generally, I think it is a great place to relax and play with raid bosses. I wouldn't take it seriously, and your personal contribution isn't really significant. The 2nd half stressed me a little, but after a couple of weeks it'll be easy.

I'm especially impressed by the slick way players leave and enter the group. There's very little song and dance about it, it just happens.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Sad that this is for DS only. Hard for people to do BH or FL when they log in. I am still working towards my P3 of the caster legendary, and it is a real pain in the ass to find a group that wants to run FL now that DS is released.

So... LFR + DS = good. Raid system + Any other raid = bad.