Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stuck on Madness of Deathwing

Hey

My guild has been stuck on Madness of DW for some time atm. It is 10m normal

Our setup:

DK tank
    Pala tank

Disc healer
    Druid healer
    Sham healer/dps

Hunter dps (me)
    Ret pala
    DK dps
    Rogue dps
    Mage dps
    Boomkin
    (we use 5 out of these 6 dps)

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zey7pyd7liym5mw2/

We start on the spawn platform, this goes very well.
    We go to nozdormu's platform, goes very good too
    We go to Kalecgos platform, goes pretty good too
    We got to the last platform, here we fail big time.
    We get Corruption to 20% usually before the bolt lands (I think it should be dead before it lands) We stand on the northern edge of the platform, kill shard and we kill the corruption. Now it goes bad. We get either killed by dmg if we got 2 healers, we die because of Cataclysm with 3 healers.

We got to the 4th platform quite some times, but everytime we failed.

What should we do?

We have thought of, but not tried:
    -Popping all dps CDs (except BL) on the last corruption tentacle.
    -Popping BL on the last limb
    -Changing order of platforms.

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    My guild spent some time trying this fight with 2 tanks and we struggled on the fourth platform. We dropped a tank and bam, he dies. Try dropping a tank and using 3 healers. Our platform order was ysera, alexstrazsa, nozdormu, kalecgos. The imperative thing with 1 tank is to kill the big tentacles before the second impale.

one thing i saw in ptr vids for 25 was range switching to another platforms tentacle so that when they all jumped over it had a "head start". don't know if 10m will be a lenient as 25 for the switch but it could help a lil bit. unfortunately i started a new job just before 4.3 hit so i cant really give more insight :>
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Have you tried Doing Kalecgos last, the Damage Buff might just push it down, and if running with 3 healers you should be able to survive without the 20% health buff ?

You should seriously consider Kalecgos last. Spell-weaving is an aoe damage cleave, also benefiting from +20% damage.

Your damage isn't the greatest we had at least two people in the 50k range then most 47-49k in 10m which really helped us burn down the stuff quick but our platforms went ysera,alex,noz, then Kale...Since you are losing the dps buff on the last platform that could be the reason why you are failing so hard on that one. Also good tip is pop lust right off the get go and it will be up in time for the end, and use it again when the 2nd wave of Terrors come out. But everyone has to SINGLE TARGET the tentacles they do a ton of damage and are immune to any Cleave/AOE. Hope it helped

edit: aslo if your healers are having mana issues they can use Potion of Concentration after switching platforms since there is no damage going at all.

Deleted
    We had 2 tanks.
    Green/Ysera>red/Alexstrasza>Yellow/Nozdormu>blue/Kalecgos
    I think we used 3 healers and used BL/Hero on the last platform.
    Elementium bolt (Or what´s it is called) only hurt on the last platform. We had everyone stack up at long range and our DK popped AMS, except me (The prot pala) to avoid as much damage as possible. I simply bubbled through the bolt + Impale.

This is my advice.

Start on red platform.
    Head to green (Don't worry i'll explain)
    Next go to bronze
    Lastly go for blue

Red platform is the easiest and by far the most useless. Get this out of the way as fast as possible

Green. Oh yes. Green. Make with this platform your tanks lose the ability to take impales. However, If your tanks use personal CD's they can easily survive.

Bronze. Bronze slows the shard. On this platform your tanks will have to use their personal CD's for tanking impales. Have your paladin tank start becuase he has enough CD's to survive 2 impales.

Blue. This platform sucks. Big time. Basically what needs to happen is your DK tanks the tentecal first. Once you tank swap your paladin has to be very good at video games. He needs to bubblbe ( YES YOU CAN BUBBLE IMPALE IT'S FUCKING AMAZING). The impale should go out shortly before the Shard hits the ground. Tell your raid to GET BY THE ARM (Everybody runs the fuck away from the shard landing zone so they take less damage) + raid sacs = Nice combo. Your paladin's bubble has to last through his impale and to the shard though. Thats important

Edit: This fight a rough DPS Tank and Healer check. 10 and 25 man are very different in their strategies and should be approached differently.

You save blue for last because the DPS buff is the best buff by far.
    From there is really easy and you wont have a problem.
    Last edited by Corjha; 2011-12-09 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyninja View Post
    Have you tried Doing Kalecgos last, the Damage Buff might just push it down, and if running with 3 healers you should be able to survive without the 20% health buff ?
    The 20% health is not the reason many groups do alexstazsa last. Its the fact that she burns up the tentacle adds that spawn from deathwing for you. The put out stacking fire damage on everyone nearby, meaning the healing is that much more intense while they're up. Doing Kalec last means you either have to heal through them (in which case I don't envy the healers), or you have to burn them down yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
    Your damage isn't the greatest we had at least two people in the 50k range then most 47-49k in 10m which really helped us burn down the stuff quick but our platforms went ysera,alex,noz, then Kale...Since you are losing the dps buff on the last platform that could be the reason why you are failing so hard on that one. Also good tip is pop lust right off the get go and it will be up in time for the end, and use it again when the 2nd wave of Terrors come out. But everyone has to SINGLE TARGET the tentacles they do a ton of damage and are immune to any Cleave/AOE. Hope it helped

edit: aslo if your healers are having mana issues they can use Potion of Concentration after switching platforms since there is no damage going at all.

Our dps is probably lower because we havent popped BL on any try at all and we didnt save Kalecgos for the end.

Well, my guild was working on this last night and we one tanked, 2 healed...though I hear it is also doable with 3 healers but it's a little tighter on dps in exchange for being a little tighter on heals. We saved red for last instead of blue which I think was ultimately our mistake and the reason we didn't kill the fight despite actually getting to p2 with all 10 of us alive. The order I'd suggest is Green, Yellow, Red, Blue...with three heals having to soak up two Bolts really shouldn't be an issue, so I personally wouldn't do yellow any later. But groups are all different so do what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    The 20% health is not the reason many groups do alexstazsa last. Its the fact that she burns up the tentacle adds that spawn from deathwing for you. The put out stacking fire damage on everyone nearby, meaning the healing is that much more intense while they're up. Doing Kalec last means you either have to heal through them (in which case I don't envy the healers), or you have to burn them down yourself.
    My group heals them / burns them downs. It is a matter of execution. When our RL says tentacles OUT KILL THEM. ALL the DPS switch immediately and kill tentacals. There is also a method on how you kill them. Range nuke the back, melee nuke the front. It is only hard during the Blue plat because of how much damage is going out. The fight progressively gets harder, then easier.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's a trick to ease up on healing. Don't push the arm/wing past 90% until AFTER the tentacle is dead. We found that we always had PLENTY of time to kill the arm/ring before Cataclysm ended, so there was no rush to kill the arm/wing. So when you get to a platform, push the arm/wing to 91% and then just wait. Tentacle pops and everyone can start DPS. Tentacle dies, meteor spawns at the same time. Kill meteor, and then finally get on the Arm/Wing.

Once you push the Arm/Wing to 90% it will get a 10-stack of the AoE damage attack and continue to add 1 stack for every 1% damage it loses.
    If you push the arm/wing to 85% as soon as you get to the platform, that's a 15-stack fire AoE that your healers need to heal through all while your raid is doing the Tentacle. This is healing for nothing.

Also, try not doing Red last. The single-target killing of the blistering tentacle adds isn't bad at all. I'd suggest going Green, Red, Yellow, Blue or Green, Yellow, Red, Blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    We killed this dude last night, our comp was:

Tanks 2:
    Dk Tank
    Warrior Tank

Healers 2:
    Paladin Holy
    Resto Druid

DPS 6:
    Priest Shadow
    Rogue Combat (me)
    Mage Arcane
    Hunter Surv
    Hunter MM
    Lock Affli

Ysera > Alexs > Noz > Kalecg

That was our formation in platforms

We let kalecgos as the last aspect so we spend no time with slimes, pop Time Warp with the big tentacle so we can destroy the meteor without the risk of being smashed by the tentacle (wich was our problem the first week).
    Then we kill the limb with little tentacles, nothing hard.
    In the last phase we gain the four aspect so we don't need BL for that part, killing tentacles and elementals ASAP, stoping dps on deathwing at 11%, kill the new weave of adds and finish Deathwing.

This phase take to us 3 trys. first to know how that phase looks like, second try we ignore the elementals of the second weave but damage was to high, third try we clear two weaves of adds and burn out deathwing.

This work for us, but healing was rude, if you put your ret pal to heal and the priest and shaman to dps you will get a fast kill.

Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    on the last platform we ignored the bloods and jut dpsed the tentacles when they came up. then at the start of the last phase aoe'd the bloods.

tough to do that with one tank though

We 1 tank 2 heal it and the whole platform parts are pretty much cake, the p2 still remains difficult but after the first set of adds we just popped hero and burned while ignoring the adds and he fell over.

On the platforms because we use one tank, we dps the tentacle down before the second impale and that seems to work like a charm.

Deleted
    So just for the record (my raid leader doesnt believe this): You dont need BL/Hero/TW at all on the 2nd phase? If we can use this on the last platform it would be so much easier for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    actually we had issues with the fight until we started leaving kalecgos for last, the tentacle adds that come out are easily burned through, after getting that down it took us a few attempts at his head to figure out how to handle the blood aoe.

Mith we figured last platform would be best place to use hero - but after wiping time after time on the final phase...BL makes things FAR FAR easier. The last platform you need to make a target mark order and have awesome single target dps to beat the shit out of the bloods one at a time (atleast this is what we do and it works perfectly no need for BL on last platform)

Deleted
    Okay so let me get this straight.
    We should be able to kill it with:
    -2 tanks, 3 healers 5 dps
    -Ysera -> Alex -> Noz -> Kalec
    -BL in p2
    Or do we really need to go with 1 tank and 2 healers?