Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We found 1 tank 2 heals gave us the dps to make things like the tentacle and bloods trivial

EDIT: also we go Green>Blue>Bronze>Red
    Last edited by Alexiaa; 2011-12-09 at 08:27 PM.

We did it with 3 heals 2 tanks so its definately possible to have enough dps like that.

We ended up putting our first real attempts on him last night. In appx 6-7 attempts we had him to 4% and 6% on our last two attempts. We left blue till last, and didn't really have any problems getting into phase 2.

Our problem was that healers were basically OOM (or very close) going into phase 2. We would get through one set of adds, and burn the boss until the next set of adds. We then burnt the tentacles but when the two Terrors would spawn in the second set, our tanks would always die because healers were sucking fumes at that point. I am guessing that with a little practice our healers may be able to conserve just enough mana for the last adds so we can finish burning the boss but only time will tell.

One idea was to leave Alexstrasza up till the last phase in order to have less mana wasted healing through the tentacles but I am not convinced we need to change our strategy just yet. Here is hoping we get our first kill on Monday.

We did it with 2 tanks 3 heals. Ysera>Nozdormu>Alexstrasza>Kalecgos. Some tips on last platform:
    -try multidoting everything you can just right from start of 4th platform
    -some dps classes with short cds(2 min) can burn Mutated Corruption and have new cds on Cataclysm
    -when the bolt is starting to fly, get everyone near head except the tank, kill the bolt fast before explosion and immidiately spread out
    -assign healing cds for tank and raid here(wings, healstones, well, hymns, tranq etc)
    -if your dps is ok, kill 1st and 2nd Blistering Tentacles, if it is bad - kill 1st, bloodlust/ignore 2nd ones
    Last edited by olimp; 2011-12-09 at 11:17 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mithrildar we should do the following:

Raid setup:
    - 1 Tank (Saty)
    - 2 Healers
    - 7 DPS

Platform order:
    - Ysera
    - Alexstraza
    - Nozdormu
    - Kalecgos
    And possibly switch out Alexstraza/Nozdormu order and soak 2x elementium bolt impact instead of 2x dps-ing down the blistering tentacles. But from my healer point of view it's better to NOT soak the elementium bolt impact twice.

Then it's basicly, nuke down mutated corruption before 2nd impale -> nuke down elementium bolt -> finish of arm/wing tentacle, repeat this on 2nd platform, repeat on 3rd platform and mind we need to kill the blistering tentacles now, repeat on 4th platform and mind we need to soak elementium bolt impact and kill of blistering tentacles.

For phase 2 of the fight just mind the prio to nuke is: elementium fragments -> elementium terrors -> deathwing and make sure the 2nd wave of adds are all down before we push deathwing to 10% hp. When we push him to 10% hp we just full nuke deathwing and ignore everything else. Also important to point out is people need to use Dream when they get schrapnel.

We might need to switch tala back to tanking if saty can't handle tanking both the elementium terrors on phase 2 but we will have to see that for ourselves. In my opinion if we stick to this plan we get a pretty clean kill.

Deleted
    The above reply is from one of the people in my guild.

Would that work?

Oh how I envy many of you. We're working on getting some of our DPS'ers performing better, but until then we're single tanking and 2 healing the fight out of necessity. We still struggle to kill both Blistering Tentacles and beating the Cataclysm timer on the 4th platform (skipping the second set of tentacles is REALLY rough with just 2 healers).

We're still a bit stuck in P2, though mostly because we haven't had enough raid time to put in more attempts, does anyone have any positioning/"trick" suggestions for single tank/2 healing through the Terrors (big question: does BoP remove the debuff?)? Our tanks Tetanus stacks were really rough, though we had one of our better DPS lose their power on the transition, so I'm hoping they'll die a lot faster tomorrow and cut down on the confusion it caused. We're considering having our offtank just DPS as a Feral Cat instead of Boomkin, as his DPS is far behind the group regardless, then 2 tanking the last phase to cut down on the stacks... Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supmeh View Post
    Oh how I envy many of you. We're working on getting some of our DPS'ers performing better, but until then we're single tanking and 2 healing the fight out of necessity. We still struggle to kill both Blistering Tentacles and beating the Cataclysm timer on the 4th platform (skipping the second set of tentacles is REALLY rough with just 2 healers).

We're still a bit stuck in P2, though mostly because we haven't had enough raid time to put in more attempts, does anyone have any positioning/"trick" suggestions for single tank/2 healing through the Terrors (big question: does BoP remove the debuff?)? Our tanks Tetanus stacks were really rough, though we had one of our better DPS lose their power on the transition, so I'm hoping they'll die a lot faster tomorrow and cut down on the confusion it caused. We're considering having our offtank just DPS as a Feral Cat instead of Boomkin, as his DPS is far behind the group regardless, then 2 tanking the last phase to cut down on the stacks... Thoughts?
    Could you please make your own topic? I made this topic for my guilds problems, so we could kill it. If you make your own topic about your problems I can actually which posts are a reaction to mine and it wont be ninja'd by your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    So just for the record (my raid leader doesnt believe this): You dont need BL/Hero/TW at all on the 2nd phase? If we can use this on the last platform it would be so much easier for us.
    My raid has been doing blood lust on the 4th platform, no lust for phase 2. We do nozdormu last so we pop it for a bit of extra damage. I guess if you do blue last you may as well save it for phase 2, but you can definitely do without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    The above reply is from one of the people in my guild.

Would that work?
    Yes. That's the platform order we used, and we also single tanked it. The only difference is we 3-healed it, which caused a second impale on the 4th platform (nbd, guardian spirit=fully absorbed, lol)*. The only thing I'd switch up is that if you're 1-tanking, you really want DW dead before wave 2 of adds, I used everything I had to live through the first terrors and we easily killed him before the second set. Ideally you'd want lust in phase 2 because A: omg the damage going out below 5%, I don't envy the healers 2 healing it, and B: the previously mentioned desire to have 1 set of adds.

*edit: [19:05:58.955] Mutated Corruption Impale Ahanss Absorb (531361)
    That's fun .

Potential issues I see:
    OOM healers. I don't know how good yours are, but ours had a very hard time 2-healing it. It was doable for sure, but they had to be on top of their game, and dps needed to be on the right targets.
    Getting a 2nd impale: Most likely to happen on platform 1 (bolt comes faster) or 4 (no noz buff). 1 is doable with dream, 4 would be best to HoP/Bubble since the dps will all be out for the bolt anyway.
    The bolt on 4th platform. It hurts . Hunter can deterrence it (at least it worked in LFR), other classes also have defensive cds, and should be using them.
    Terrors: Dear god they hit hard on 1 tank. Ensure your tank has CDs ready and is using them liberally, healers are spamming him like mad, and dps blow these up fast. For reference: 3 minute CDs used on the FIRST impale on platform 4 should be up in time, but used any time after (I.E. for the bolt) and they probably won't.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2011-12-10 at 12:54 PM.

I was generally assuming any tips or tricks that were provided for "our problem" would also aid you once you are able to get past the 4th platform, since you seem to be having issues as well... No need to be so territorial, especially when your guild member just posted about possibly using a similar setup to ours which will face the same issues undoubtedly.

Meh, if your non-feral tank has a dps OS, make use of that. The only tanked mobs are the corruption (dies in a flash), bloods (die even faster), and terrors. As our single tank, I spent >50% of the fight in cat form helping dps. We found that I gained little dps switching to my OS, but the other tank gained significantly; that's not because I'm bad at my OS (although I did forget to switch out stay of execution ), but because my dps as a tank was very close to what I'd do as a dps anyway.

As for terrors, you just have to hurry up and kill them. They lived about 20 second for us, getting me 7 stacks. Despite chaining Barkskin, stay, SI, and dream through that I still took over a million damage JUST from the terrors in those 25 seconds (debuff ticking after they died). 2-tanking them lets you kill 1 and taunt-swap, not to mention lower stacks on the individual tanks, but it's not absolutely necessary. Simply be ready for it and burn any cooldowns you have.

I didn't check BoP, but since the damage is shadow I'd wager against it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Potential issues I see:
    OOM healers. I don't know how good yours are, but ours had a very hard time 2-healing it. It was doable for sure, but they had to be on top of their game
    Playing as disc so mana should not be any problem for me at least, and since we will have the extra dps it requires way less healing on first 3 platforms since things die faster (only 1x impale for example) and since we do Kalecgos last we will only have 1 bolt impact wich can be soaked pretty easy with pala cd or my barrier and if that isnt enough we can have our dps dr00d pop his tranq when bolt impacts (we will have our healing dr00d tranq on p2 last 10% and my barrier aswell if it's not needed on bolt impact).
    For being on top of our game, we ALWAYS are

Green>Red>Yellow>Blue. Reason being the tentacles aren't too bad, but the bloods are a nightmare to get down otherwise. They regen after 10 seconds and can sap so much time on the final platform. The blue buff does about 66% of the damage on those for us.

We can't do platform 4 without heroism yet. We'll see if that makes P2 impossible tomorrow.