Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    Sat in a group with a mate, asked him to look whilst I did bgs.

Or just "i'm in bg save me a spot plz"
    So your mate did the work. What's the difference?

LFG-tool that only is server-wide, auto-shuttle when group is full, shuttle back when it's over. I could live with that. It's the cross-server thing I'm worried about.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    As already mentioned, all flashpoint entrances (shuttles) are located on the fleet stations. There's no exploring planets for flashpoints, and there's no PvP opportunity.
    If you read a few words past that you would have seen "on that run"... nice job "..."ing out the key factor of the statement, the statement was for originaly getting there make people get there the old fationed way, but if someone has to leave to repair and buy medipacks and what not let them be summoned back in.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Exactly like Rift >_>

LFG added will be cross-server at some point if not from the start, its only logical.

Companies dont care about what you feel is the right about how you want to play to feel special in your little community and server, its MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Players want to log on, find a group quickly and play, what you are saying is.

"IN THIS OLD GAME YEARS AGO" Ah ..its 2012 soon, not 2005, every game is putting LFG cross-server for the obvious reason, it works, it makes the game better for the 99% and the 1% crying "BUT I WANT TO RUN TO THE DUNGEON AND TALK WITH PEOPLE AND BE SOCIAL!", yeah no.
    As for your post, I can agree with the teleportation argument but NOT with the cross server aspect for one main reason. If LFG goes cross server then people don't care if they ninja loot because they know they will probably not ever see those people again or have any repercussions from doing so. If the LFG tool they eventualy add transports you to the dungeon that is fine with how they are already located it makes very little difference, but cross server for PvE no... Cross server PvP definitely there is no looting going on there so it just helps que times, but cross server + looting leads to lots of people pressing Need on things they don't need because the odds of repercussion are obismaly low.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2011-12-10 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    the statement was for originaly getting there make people get there the old fationed way
    And the point was, there is no "old fashioned" way. The flashpoints are all located in the same place, and are just a shuttle ride away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    but if someone has to leave to repair and buy medipacks and what not let them be summoned back in.
    http://www.torhead.com/schematic/gbEohft
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

omg i cant wait for the weekend to be over (cant believe i want the weekend to be over) so i can play this game!!!

Deleted
    So what changed with the dungeon finder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Niridia View Post
    So your mate did the work. What's the difference?
    Can't queue/be in bgs and queue for dungeon at same time with finder?

Deleted
    That's Blizzard's solution. Doesn't mean BioWare will walk the same path.

So I still don't get what part of WoW was killed by the dungeon finder.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Well you can't deny the negative impact of the _cross realm_ LFG tool. I still hope BW won't do the same mistake.

I like the idea that the legacy family is more like a mafia family then an actual one, I never thought about it that way and it helps me imagine having different races under the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    LFG shouldn't ever be implemented the way WoW has it. It should only find groups on your server, not cross server.
    Do you plan on leveling alts? have you ever level'd an alt in wow?

You must be a 3.3 wrath baby cause i remember what it was like to level an alt pre LFG tool and it was a pain in the ass, it took literraly an hour or 2 to get a group going of members on the same realm. When you did manage to get a group going back then it usually ended before it started cause no one wanted to run or walk the entire way. Same thing happend on swtor's beta weekend groups ended before they started and it will happen 20 times more when it goes live.

have fun w/ swtor see you all back in wow in a year when MoP comes out . back to BF3

edit- now that i think of it i got to like level 40ish and i couldnt even do any of the flash points cause we couldnt fill a 4 person group for one(was on a server that i had to wait in a que for an hour). let alone all the group quests in which required 4 people even though it said 2 people, and then could solo a 4 person required quest line. Dont get me wrong i enjoyed the beta, combat was cruddy, flashpoints when i could get into them were awesome but the story dragged on.
    Last edited by muxx; 2011-12-10 at 06:45 PM.

well in wow you had to be nice to people in your groups so you get invited back tot he group and be social with the people of the server so they invite you to groups/guilds, with cross server groups you can be a complete ass or whatever or not even talk to a single person on your own server anymore, with LFR why even bother with a guild anymore cause you get to see the same content no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    Do you plan on leveling alts? have you ever level'd an alt in wow?

You must be a 3.3 wrath baby cause i remember what it was like to level an alt pre LFG tool and it was a pain in the ass, it took literraly an hour or 2 to get a group going of members on the same realm. When you did manage to get a group going back then it usually ended before it started cause no one wanted to run or walk the entire way. Same thing happend on swtor's beta weekend groups ended before they started and it will happen 20 times more when it goes live.

have fun w/ swtor see you all back in wow in a year when MoP comes out . back to BF3
    Uh... yeah. You just contradicted yourself pretty hard.

"You must be a Wrath baby"
    followed by
    "Leveling was hard".

Lol. Maybe YOU will go back to WoW in MoP, but please don't pretend to speak for the rest of us.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am fairly happy with the last lines about the UI costumization. I just hope they do it right. I really hope they put something like PowerAuras in there for players to be able to customize the visibility of procs and buff/debuff duration.

Or, you know, the most obvious solution. Addon support.

LFG?

why

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No matter the butthurt people QQing about things they never actually did (LOL DUDE EPIC BATTLES OUTSIDE THE DUNGEON), the LFG system was probably one of the best things implemented into WoW.

Why? It's just the same thing as Blizzard releasing major patches.
    cross server lfg was the worst thing blizzard ever did, yes it was convenient but it destroyed the server communities.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    have fun w/ swtor see you all back in wow in a year when MoP comes out
    You seem to be the wolrds greatest physic, i know i will never return to wow and just look at it's subs they have not increased for a long time.

Btw im not bashing wow i just hate it when people say see you at mop etc like they some how know us all.

I really hope we won't see cross server lfg otherwise swtor will end up going down the same road as wow if it does

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Uh... yeah. You just contradicted yourself pretty hard.

"You must be a Wrath baby"
    followed by
    "Leveling was hard".

Lol. Maybe YOU will go back to WoW in MoP, but please don't pretend to speak for the rest of us.
    leveling for me was vanilla when we had to walk to dungeons and find groups in general chat of the zone. which is what swtor beta weekend was. I didnt mind it but having to replace people 20 times before we could go into the flashpoint was annoying and reminded me of vanilla which i dont really feel like going through again.

As far as MoP, if my friends all decide to play it then yeah ill play if not ill probably be playing firefall with them. I'll have to see when the time comes, so far the beta for Firefall has been amazing

Running dungeons and the like with people who you would also potentially Raid with, or a Guild you might potentially apply to, held a certain standard of conduct.

That standard was demolished when you could - regardless of any prior actions and no matter how much of an asshole/terrible player/general idiot you were - get a guaranteed group for a dungeon and have an equal shot at gear.

Now with Raids being LFR? Lol. Those same jackass Hunters that Need roll on your Strength Axe get Raid-geared and get a guaranteed chance at seeing all the content the game offers.

There's just no reason to be a kind, respectful player anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    cross server lfg was the worst thing blizzard ever did, yes it was convenient but it destroyed the server communities.
    Not at all. It supressed any communication between the players outside their guilds or the usual "anal discussions", but it didn't destroy the community. It's still the players fault, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    Well, I didn't have to replace even 1 player in my groups. Did all instances up to lvl 30. Afterwards there weren't any players in my lvl range.