[Music] Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Making this thread to see what other people think about the fact that the rock and roll hall of fame no longer is about rock and Roll. Now i know there are more than these 2 people but they are the ones im gona to use as an example.

I herd a bit ago that Madonna was voted into it and with the most recent vote the beastie boys got in. I have to ask should we rename this to the music hall of fame? I know both madonna and the beastie boys are not in any way shape or form rock music and i know that this years nominations had several other non rock groups. There is also a bunch of bands that should be in there but get snuffed due to the popularity vote that seems to go down. Just wondering on some other peoples input on this.

You could argue it's never been about Rock Music given that two of the first inductees were James Brown and Ray Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    You could argue it's never been about Rock Music given that two of the first inductees were James Brown and Ray Charles.
    Then why even name it that?

Dunno if they are , but Iron Maiden surely should.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Then why even name it that?
    Well, to be fair James Brown and Ray Charles had a massive impact on Rock Music because of how influential they were to Blues music, which has massive tie-ins to Rock. They weren't Rock musicians, but they definitely had an influence. Beastie Boys and Madonna sort of boggle my mind as well, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Mainly, you have to understand that a lot of things simply get what they call wrong. A lot of mainstream media calls Hip-Hop music Rap, when Rap isn't a genre -- it's a style of vocal delivery. They classify Pop and Indie as genres as well, when those are merely classifications -- one literally means music that is popular, and the other means any kind of music that's on an independently owned record label.

I guess my point is you're not really wrong for thinking Madonna et. all shouldn't be inducted into a Rock and Roll hall of fame, but shit like that happens all the time.

It's worth noting that the nomination process is controlled by a small group of non-musicians. This is about as tangible and worthy as a Grammy award. Pass.

I don't agree with 100% of their nominations, seeing how Madonna is in it and not Iron Maiden and Rush, but their museum is fantastic. It has the clay-mation figures from the music video for Alice in Chains' "I Stay Away" right across from Cliff Burton's bass, in the same room as Elvis's convertible.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Rush is not in the RaRHoF. Therefore it is irrelevant.