Not able to patch the game

I'm trying to install the gameclient on my desktop computer. I download the launher and all that works fine, but when I start the launcher it does not start downloading the patches... All the other computers in the house are able (same OS/Antivirus/firewall, and set up the same way)

it say "the login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service."

is there anything I can do? Anyone who has had this problem and fixed it?

Deleted
    If it works for you on any other computer in the house you can just copy the game folder from them. Seems like a firewall issue though, also run as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeri View Post
    I'm trying to install the gameclient on my desktop computer. I download the launher and all that works fine, but when I start the launcher it does not start downloading the patches... All the other computers in the house are able (same OS/Antivirus/firewall, and set up the same way)

it say "the login service is currently unavailable. Please visit our forums for the latest updates on the status of this service."

is there anything I can do? Anyone who has had this problem and fixed it?
    I know the forums are down for an extended period (whole weekend). Maybe the login/patch servers are down as well.

Deleted
    The log in servers are not down so you can rule that out. Btw it seems there is another small amount of stuff to download from today.

Deleted
    it works fine for me, i can patch the game perfectly here. Belgium btw.

nopes, not any of that, as I've turned off firewalls and everything... Also connected straight on the modem (without router) But it is a connection issue as the log say;

20111210144711 INFO -----------------------------(-60)-----------------------------
    20111210144712 INFO SpecsHash=1781991405.3106776967
    20111210144712 ERROR Failed login server pping tests.
    20111210144712 ERROR Going Offline
    20111210144712 ERROR Promos Error status: 5
    20111210144717 INFO User presses exit
    20111210144717 INFO Closed launcher

does not work with a copied client either....

Deleted
    The Homepage just went down, the forums are down until Tuesday but I can still log in into the client, maybe your problem is related to the downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeri View Post
    nopes, not any of that, as I've turned off firewalls and everything... Also connected straight on the modem (without router) But it is a connection issue as the log say;

20111210144711 INFO -----------------------------(-60)-----------------------------
    20111210144712 INFO SpecsHash=1781991405.3106776967
    20111210144712 ERROR Failed login server pping tests.
    20111210144712 ERROR Going Offline
    20111210144712 ERROR Promos Error status: 5
    20111210144717 INFO User presses exit
    20111210144717 INFO Closed launcher

does not work with a copied client either....
    The third line of the log says that the launcher couldn't ping the server. So, if the server is not down as people are stating, the problem points to your network. I'm no pro so, I don't have any suggestions

tried the second I got the mail though as well though :/

same problem

I have had this same exact problem since the beta. My log is saying the exact same thing, saying the game cant ping the login service. But I know it can because I can go into the command prompt and manually ping the login servers with no problems.

During the beta I did a system restore on my computer, and for whatever reason it worked and I got to play. Then the early access started. I deleted the old client and downloaded the new one, and had the same issue. Login service is currently unavailable. So I did a system restore again. It worked and I was able to update my game. Today I tried to log into the game and I got the Login service is currently unavailable error again. But this time the system restore didn't fix it.

I have done everything to try and fix it but nothing worked. As with you, the game works just fine on another computer in my home, but that is my dads computer. Playing it there is not an option for me. Also disabled my firewall and virus program with no luck. I even went as far as going into safe mode with networking, and I still had the Login service error.

From what I've read, the only guaranteed way to fix this is to completely reformat your computer, and do a clean install of Windows. Obviously this isn't the correct solution, but from what I've read its the only way people have fixed this issue. There has also been another solution, and that is making sure your computers clock is set to the correct date and time. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the problem. My date and time was already correct.

I really hope someone finds a solution to this. It's killing me knowing that I might not be able to play this game. I need a break from WoW

I have had this same exact problem since the beta. My log is saying the exact same thing, saying the game cant ping the login service. But I know it can because I can go into the command prompt and manually ping the login servers with no problems.

During the beta I did a system restore on my computer, and for whatever reason it worked and I got to play. Then the early access started. I deleted the old client and downloaded the new one, and had the same issue. Login service is currently unavailable. So I did a system restore again. It worked and I was able to update my game. Today I tried to log into the game and I got the Login service is currently unavailable error again. But this time the system restore didn't fix it.

I have done everything to try and fix it but nothing worked. As with you, the game works just fine on another computer in my home, but that is my dads computer. Playing it there is not an option for me. Also disabled my firewall and virus program with no luck. I even went as far as going into safe mode with networking, and I still had the Login service error.

From what I've read, the only guaranteed way to fix this is to completely reformat your computer, and do a clean install of Windows. Obviously this isn't the correct solution, but from what I've read its the only way people have fixed this issue. There has also been another solution, and that is making sure your computers clock is set to the correct date and time. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the problem. My date and time was already correct.

I really hope someone finds a solution to this. It's killing me knowing that I might not be able to play this game. I need a break from WoW