Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Imagine you use the LFR tool but instead of a raid instance you get teleported to whereever your raid group is. You and 19 other crazy people get a never ending stream of quests to defeat enemies and capture objectives around the zone, culminating every half dozen or so quests with some form of giant boss type mob that needs a good spanking.

Although the scope of the quests is quite limited the fun is in zerging everything as your group is like a large unstoppable force, and the rewards (XP, items, tokens etc) are very nice. Gets twice as fun if an invasion kicks off at the same time, the zone literally feels like a warzone.
    Raid is randomly assembled, yes? And they're easy enough so that random derps don't ruin the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Raid is randomly assembled, yes? And they're easy enough so that random derps don't ruin the fun?
    Same Server assembly, Open world activity, and quest objectives. its not a loot festival since most players do it for experience to get to 50 and/or to get planar points (post 50) to unlock additional abilities and increase stats (and there are no real loot drops). The final "bosses" give the equivalent of Justice points in WoW.

if you know how to meet quest objectives, you can't possibly ruin the experience for others.

I haven't actually been able to play since IAs were released but I'm going on a 200+ PA level bender once we hit January.
    Are they the most time effective method of grinding exp, or is that still defending Wardstones in EI?

Deleted
    Really good idea to be fair, hats off to Trion they are producing loads of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I haven't actually been able to play since IAs were released but I'm going on a 200+ PA level bender once we hit January.
    Are they the most time effective method of grinding exp, or is that still defending Wardstones in EI?
    The last Patch notes indicate that they have further increased the amount of experience for PA from instant adventures. Its hard to compare, but frankly it took my friends something like 3-4 hours /played to get from 46 to 50 using IA. the amount of XP I'm getting is insane, plus getting to meet people on the realm and from several guilds, plus every so often the quest objectives are kind of funny and there's lots of chatter there.

IA is fun, I can't wait to see the adventures for zones besides stillmoor and shimmersand. also the cloth costume pieces from shimmersand mobs sell for 50-100 plat. I sold gloves for 25 plat today just cause I needed the money for crafting. definitely easy money and lots of potential for future zone adventures, like new costume sets and running over the quests that you happen to pass by, really easy to complete as you run around the zone. I got burned out questing in wow, but find myself completing so many quests in the adventure groups usually just by being in the area, not to mention achievements for zones you outleveled too quickly. instant adventure has so many good points.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kind of sounds like what Blizzard is going to be doing with pve scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    there aren't nearly as many derps in rift as there are in wow, at least from what I've seen. more mature players focused on getting the job done haven't had any problems since it launched. the community is so much better than wow, and unlike random cross server queues in wow, people are friendly and accountable to a social reputation in rift groups, even cross server in rift, you often group with the same people, so its like one big realm anyway. not a lot of troll and BS ruining things.

---------- Post added 2011-12-16 at 02:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    kind of funny that after all the "rift stole this from wow" when its in a lot of ways based off multiple MMO's with completely new design ideas, that wow would start stealing rift's systems. wow has been stealing from MMOs all along, and now they see how successful and fun rift is and they're starting the get jealous? I expect wow will be copying a lot of what rift creates in the months to come

10+ Year Old Account

I believe wow's are instanced so technically still a dungeon. Rifts are in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Runintowalls View Post
    also the cloth costume pieces from shimmersand mobs sell for 50-100 plat. I sold gloves for 25 plat today just cause I needed the money for crafting.
    Wow, this I didn't know. I have four pieces of that costume gear in the bank. I figured they were useless, I just saved them because I'm a pack rat with useless drops. I'm glad I kept them now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I believe wow's are instanced so technically still a dungeon. Rifts are in the open world.
    Yea but i dont know if wow really has the tech to copy rift exactly. If Blizzard tried to make rifts inside wow then the servers would probably catch fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Can someone describe the IA in wow-ish terms? Just curious
    its not really like anything wow has, and a comparison to wow playstyle would do IA an injustice. other people have described it well. I just wanted to add that to me it seems like questing taken to the next level. if we could get rid of tedious and redundant quest tasks we would call it instant adventure. its fun and you feel like you're progressing rather than grinding. everyone can participate, whereas questing in wow often sucks for tanks and healers, they sometimes need help with a quest, asking in general chat for a dps to help you kill the elite. this is what you're looking for. a non-intrusive group that wants to help you

when you quest you run round killing 10 mobs, collecting 5 weapons, maybe fight an elite. IA has that but more originality and interaction. not only this, but there's less pressure and stringent "do this or fail" like wow quests. its more inclusive, you have a group of 10-20 people completing tasks with you, so less running back and forth for you, less struggle to "quest" as a healer, its cooperative and social. like many things in RIFT, it emphasizes the good and eliminates the bad parts associated with systems. things you tolerate in wow, like running back and forth killing goblins, trying not to aggro at the wrong time because then you can't mount, have to kill the mobs or keep running, instant adventures you play with others who help you kill that annoying mob you didn't want to fight, instead of running around, people collect from their area and add to the group objectives. its less stressful and troublesome for 1 player and average out the effort amongst the group. the queue is always instant, longest queue I had was 2 seconds. its fun and often easy enough, yet can still be a challenge. you get to explore the zones without having to worry about mob aggro, party members that want to fight mobs are, and you don't have to if you don't want.

basically IA is just like everything else in rift, a choice to participate without obligation or regret. if its fun for you do it, if not you can still get rewards and have fun doing meaningful things that you want to do. wow is more like "i don't wanna do this, but I'll suck it up and get it over with because I was that achievement, epic, reputation so I can eventually do what I want"
    Last edited by Runintowalls; 2011-12-22 at 05:57 AM.

Yea but i dont know if wow really has the tech to copy rift exactly. If Blizzard tried to make rifts inside wow then the servers would probably catch fire.
    Sometimes when i play WoW i get the feeling they already have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.