Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think I could do more than 2 hours a sitting without 8 hours of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoan View Post
    Had a professor claim folks in the Navy in his day would put a drop of tabasco in each eye to stay awake on a night watch...seems to be counterproductive for game playing.
    also heard that they use to shove alcohol up there behind to get drunk so they wont have alcohol on there breaths

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    also heard that they use to shove alcohol up there behind to get drunk so they wont have alcohol on there breaths
    In Iraq, my wife sent me vodka in Listerine bottles with blue food coloring in it. We got every bottle, although they were minty.

The first night we got mortar bombed at base we had decided not to drink any that night..... lucky us. Would have been a different night completely drunk, I'm sure. Up the bum though would have made things......... awkward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    i believe that will kill you since it doesnt give the booze a chance to go through the liver top be filtered i vaguely remember that being on manswers

If you eat healthy and exercise, you will be able to sleep on command. And you will also be able to stay awake as long as you desire with a short period of being tired around the 18 hour mark.

I used to do all nighther all the time back then, been years since I have done a full one. I will probably stay up 1 day and a half top for the occasion but thats about it. no 3 days straight.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think i did 16 hours the first nioght of the beta i was in with out a problem went to bed around 5 was up by 10 and ready to go

Pro tip - Enjoy Christmas ladies and gents and play in consideration or the force will corrupt you and turn you into a dirty troll!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Encarn View Post
    If you worked in the healthcare field as I do
    oh dear don't let your employer catch u with all that silence of the lambs references D:

what healthy snacks would you recommend while playing? I don't want to fiddle around with fruit while playing :l

Deleted
    Gamerfood might help you stay awake and eat relatively healthy snacks. The price is a bit steep though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    Gamerfood might help you stay awake and eat relatively healthy snacks. The price is a bit steep though.
    Lmao they got a website for everything these days don't they ?
    I'm sticking with the basics like i always do. Milk, Water and Orange Juice... only 4 bottles of coca cola each weekend (adult bracers, derp).
    As for food, cereal in the morning and some banquette bread mid day (fresh of course) and some rice in the evening since it's easy to make. Hardly takes any time to prepare but fills you up real good.

Deleted
    I got my raidbucket, no time for wc breaks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhazgul View Post
    oh dear don't let your employer catch u with all that silence of the lambs references D:

what healthy snacks would you recommend while playing? I don't want to fiddle around with fruit while playing :l
    Plenty of fruit is healthy and easy to fiddle with while playing. Grab a bunch of grapes, wash them in a colander and stick them in a tuperware in the fridge the night before release, then you've got perfect healthy finger food. Apples are my preferred raid food. Mixed nuts or trail mix works well also, though I'd go with the low salt kind. Really, anything that isn't just junk food would work - crackers with cheese and lunch meat are a good snack, or a healthy cereal, or hell just make half a sandwich.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Plenty of fruit is healthy and easy to fiddle with while playing. Grab a bunch of grapes, wash them in a colander and stick them in a tuperware in the fridge the night before release, then you've got perfect healthy finger food. Apples are my preferred raid food. Mixed nuts or trail mix works well also, though I'd go with the low salt kind. Really, anything that isn't just junk food would work - crackers with cheese and lunch meat are a good snack, or a healthy cereal, or hell just make half a sandwich.
    i agree, now i just need to walk to that store in the snow :<

Step 1: Move the coffee maker to the bathroom. Grab your dirty mug too.
    Step 2: Sit on toilet with your laptop plugged in.
    Step 3: Close the door.
    Step 4: Profit??

But jokes aside, you're going to miss a whole lot of things if you try to rush to 50. And for what purpose? you gain nothing from being the first 50 on your server other than crashing in exhaustion for a day or two.

I plan to smoke some weed, that always help.
    And than i'll be like : Yo Dude, look at my sword LOL it's shiny

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this as someone who unfortunately has to put in a full day of work every freaking day of EA plus every day up until Christmas Eve:

Pace yourself. Take the OP's advice. Sleep++. Excess caffeine is bad.

If I only have 3-4 hours a day in the evening to enjoy EA, I'm going to make sure I'm as rested and in the best spirits I possibly can be to get the most out of it. Half-awake fatigued 20-hour gaming sessions are for the young I think.

Enjoy it your own way, but make sure you get the most out of it folks! :P

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Level of faith before

|-----O---------------------------|

Level of faith after -

|--O------------------------------|
    That cheered me up a lot, thanks
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's really disturbing that you have to make this thread. Even sadder that this will be helpful information for some people.

What happened to playing games for fun!?
    Staying up playing a game for days is fun! I tried to do it for the WotLK and Cataclysm launches, could never stay up for that long.

Some good tips there.

And I'm more disturbed that people are disturbed by this.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance