Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    The dungeon should be saved for later, if you're just starting. When you say "the guard", do you mean the old man, or that you just run down there and get one shot? Because you're supposed to talk to the old man to beat the boss, enabling you to venture into the dungeon. If you can't beat the summon, obviously you're not ready for the dungeon.

I'd just keep progressing on armor sets, personally. It'll all come with time. If you're stuck, I recommend browsing the wiki for what you should do next, in terms of gear progression.
    So the path is gold armor > platinum armor > ancient/shadow > meteor > shadow, etc. I think my best option is: farm eater of souls or explore the underground jungle. OR fight the eater of worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    So the path is gold armor > platinum armor > ancient/shadow > meteor > shadow, etc. I think my best option is: farm eater of souls or explore the underground jungle. OR fight the eater of worlds.
    Personally, I went with Molten Armor , that gave me enough of a chance in Hard (although it was still pretty hard).

Personally, I went with Molten Armor , that gave me enough of a chance in Hard (although it was still pretty hard).
    I see, but i need the nightmare pickaxe, and to craft it i need to beat at least once the worm. But i think im gonna go with a bunch of dinamyte or bombs to at least craft the sword.

I see, but i need the nightmare pickaxe, and to craft it i need to beat at least once the worm. But i think im gonna go with a bunch of dinamyte or bombs to at least craft the sword.
    Worm boss is piss easy, as long as you have weapons that hit multiple enemies. I remember video where someone without armor, with default HP and demonite bow+unholy arrows managed to kill him by face-tanking him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hey i have a question, is there any other "ammo" for that weapon that changes biomes ? So far i can only buy purity version, and cant find any craftable ones.

Soo little update :

I have been faarming new worlds like crazy to find all sort of trinkets that i need to upgrade. Almost there, made my lightening boots allready and only missing vitamins for the ankh shield Vitamins are a pain to farm though since my main world does not have corruption, but crimson. And the new one i made only has a really small corruption field. Is there a way to increase the spawn rate? I know of the water candle and the battle potion, but is there a specific layout that you can build to increase spawns ? Is there such a thing as a corruptor farm ?

Also while digging around for plantera spawn bulps I came across tons and tons of chlorophylite ore. Not gonna use it for the chlorophylite armor, from what I saw it's not much better than hallowed. But I will eventually build a turtle armor ( if i ever want to play melee ) and a shroomite armor ( if i ever wanna play ranged ). And of course my spectre armor once I get HM mobs in the dungeon.

Also played with a friend in his HM world and got a shadowbeam staff drop Boy that thing makes insane damage. He was really lucky with drops, he got 5 broken hero swords ( amongst many other things ) in one nigth.

Well anyway, I am slowly getting there gear wise. Taking my time cause I dont wanna be done soon
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hey i have a question, is there any other "ammo" for that weapon that changes biomes ? So far i can only buy purity version, and cant find any craftable ones.
    Yes, there are 4 ammo types: the purity one that is sold by default, a hallowed one which is sold if her house is in a hallowed biome, and corruption/crimson ones, which are sold in their respective worlds during a blood moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Worm boss is piss easy, as long as you have weapons that hit multiple enemies. I remember video where someone without armor, with default HP and demonite bow+unholy arrows managed to kill him by face-tanking him.
    You were right, i killed him 3 times and crafted the set, also the eye spawned that night, he was easy too, im gonna summon him with the lens tomorrow, the underworld is another history, they kicked my ass there but at least i unlocked the goblin. Btw is the sandgun good? i have the topaz and the gold.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were right, i killed him 3 times and crafted the set, also the eye spawned that night, he was easy too, im gonna summon him with the lens tomorrow, the underworld is another history, they kicked my ass there but at least i unlocked the goblin. Btw is the sandgun good? i have the topaz and the gold.

Do the dungeon before you go to hell.

Nice, the goblin is very important for reforging

I would first dig trough the jungle a bit, see if you can find the bee hive. Then go trough the dungeon. It is a nasty place, but you will find many nice upgrades there. Specially trinkets and spells.

What are you mainly using ? Spells, ranged or melee ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Do the dungeon before you go to hell.
    The one item you really want from the dungeon is a cobalt shield, unless you have a lava charm or a lot of obsidian skin potions. Mobs in hell like to knock you into the lava.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    The one item you really want from the dungeon is a cobalt shield, unless you have a lava charm or a lot of obsidian skin potions. Mobs in hell like to knock you into the lava.
    And the shadow key so he can open chests there.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Halloween patch drops before Halloween...I don't mean to sound greedy, as patch 1.2 was amazing, but I'm in the festive spirit from all the other games with their events going on. I have Hallow's End in WoW, Harvestmath Festival in LotRO, whatever it's called in GW2, sooo many pumpkins and spooky things and awesomeness.

Fall is my favorite time of year, I can't help if I want it showing up in everything I do! I need my creeper costume and to slay creepy crawlies.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Nice, the goblin is very important for reforging

I would first dig trough the jungle a bit, see if you can find the bee hive. Then go trough the dungeon. It is a nasty place, but you will find many nice upgrades there. Specially trinkets and spells.

What are you mainly using ? Spells, ranged or melee ?

melee, i dont have any spells.

melee, i dont have any spells.
    I went down the melee path myself...I would suggest finding some ranged / spells. I had a "mage" partner playing with me, so it was natural for me to go the tanky path, but if you're ranged (or at least ranged until they actually get to you), you can inflict some damage without being hit yourself. This gets pretty important later on in the game.

I went down the melee path myself...I would suggest finding some ranged / spells. I had a "mage" partner playing with me, so it was natural for me to go the tanky path, but if you're ranged (or at least ranged until they actually get to you), you can inflict some damage without being hit yourself. This gets pretty important later on in the game.
    Working on it, i need 5~diamons to craft the staff to try to fight the brain of cthulhu, i want the crimson armor. I think with the crimson armor + diamons staff i can beat the guardian, i know some people can beat him naked but... i just hate this boss.

Finally found those damn vitamins But then the reforging of the Ankh shield ruined me ^^ Also made the chlorophyle armor afterall, and it's insane. Still working up my nerve to try plantera again... I know I could build a arena with teleporters and cheese him, but somehow i want to figth him in his underground jungle, like a real man
    Ecce homo ergo elk

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Finally found those damn vitamins But then the reforging of the Ankh shield ruined me ^^ Also made the chlorophyle armor afterall, and it's insane. Still working up my nerve to try plantera again... I know I could build a arena with teleporters and cheese him, but somehow i want to figth him in his underground jungle, like a real man
    You can make an arena to fight it underground. I just dig out a big cube arena, put one platform in the middle of the screen and go nuts. If you haven't made the jungle whip yet, it can help with mobility and whatnot in general, but double jump bottles are a great boon for Plantera. Basically you're not going to be able to stop moving and need to jump over the claws a lot.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You can make an arena to fight it underground. I just dig out a big cube arena, put one platform in the middle of the screen and go nuts. If you haven't made the jungle whip yet, it can help with mobility and whatnot in general, but double jump bottles are a great boon for Plantera. Basically you're not going to be able to stop moving and need to jump over the claws a lot.
    I dragged it to the surface and skybridge him to death. Cheap? Yeah, maybe. Got the job done, though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajikami View Post
    Yes, there are 4 ammo types: the purity one that is sold by default, a hallowed one which is sold if her house is in a hallowed biome, and corruption/crimson ones, which are sold in their respective worlds during a blood moon.
    Thanks man, much appreciated.