Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    3DS, not 3D ...

As for VR support, it's a 2D game, everything happens on one plane - there's no perception depth here. At most there is parallax scrolling of the background, I can't see anywhere where VR would have any effect on the game.
    That was the joke.

Man, I want to get psyched for Terraria's 1.3 stuff, but every time I sit down and play it...I never get anything done and I end up closing it before I really do anything. I guess my 1k+ hours just burned me out.

Still haven't really done anything in 1.3...

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Man, I want to get psyched for Terraria's 1.3 stuff, but every time I sit down and play it...I never get anything done and I end up closing it before I really do anything. I guess my 1k+ hours just burned me out.

Still haven't really done anything in 1.3...
    Tried an expert mode world i presume?
    kill golem,. kill cultist, attack moonlord and get owned? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    How to find something to do in terraria:
    - Choose any fantasy setting.
    - Recreate it in large world.
    - Have fun.
    Honestly, as much as i like fighting and bosses, building is where its at. And 1.3 adds alot new items, mechanics to building so its great.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Tried an expert mode world i presume?
    Yeah, I got 340 HP, and all the molten items. Kept trying to beat the Crimson boss, but he kept killing me. Kinda stopped there.

kill golem,. kill cultist, attack moonlord and get owned? :P
    Haven't really tried my regular character. Don't know where to begin. Start with the Golem, apparently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, I got 340 HP, and all the molten items. Kept trying to beat the Crimson boss, but he kept killing me. Kinda stopped there.

Haven't really tried my regular character. Don't know where to begin. Start with the Golem, apparently?
    Try using some potions. And building proper arena. These things really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Try using some potions. And building proper arena. These things really help.
    I did, problem was that the orbs or w/e they are are further down, so when I was attempting to get back up to my arena, I'd get hit with confusion, and just be fucked via the adds. I'm sure if I stuck at it I could do it, I just think I'm burnt out on the game at this point.

Man expert is hard ; ;

Managed to kill skeletron with my friend right as the sun came out (so he was dungeon guardianing us but was at like 50 health so we killed him just barely)

My friend kept dieing because no hermes boots so the spin killed him pretty much every time :/

And those homing missles god...

Also funny thing. We killed the brain before we got the eye. Yoyo too op.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

I got 500 health on mine, and you can get 600 temporarily through potions.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=494634036
    Always use a LOT of armor on expert mode, since it's 25% more effective on expert mode.

The sequence for killing stuff in a new world is, iirc:
    - First the 3 bosses : worm, eyes and skeleton
    - then the wall
    - then the 3 mechanical bosses, again worm eyes and skeleton.
    - then plantera
    - then the golem
    - then the cultists
    - then the 4 pillars
    - and right after you beat those 4 the lunar boss.

And somewhere along there you could try duke fishron,. hes hard as heck tho.

Make sure you build a proper ankh shield, so confusion will not be a problem anymore - or knockback, blind, poisoning, mute, etc for that matter.
    And wings, man wings are so useful.

Once you've beaten the moon lord - mining mount is, so lovely : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=494636264

When you build an arena for invasions and the like - always put up the banners you get. they boost your damage against that creature, and reduce the damage you take by a fairly significant amount.
    Last edited by bbr; 2015-08-05 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, came onto my xbox to play, to find I just lost ALL of my stuff in my chests T_T loads of weapons, mats, random stuff and armour sets, lost about 8 mini pets too. I guess the only good thing is that my piggy bank stuff was still there.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Oh god, came onto my xbox to play, to find I just lost ALL of my stuff in my chests T_T loads of weapons, mats, random stuff and armour sets, lost about 8 mini pets too. I guess the only good thing is that my piggy bank stuff was still there.
    Ouch. That sucks. I remember when I lost my data on the PC version due to reformatting my computer (and forgetting to save my local saves), I was devastated. Of course, since it was PC, I could use TEdit to give myself back the items that I had legitimately acquired in less than 5 minutes, so no real harm done, but...if I couldn't? That'd be something to quit over. Keep in mind I'm trying to get one of every item in the game, so it'd be especially devastating for me.

So I'm trying to beat the Moon Lord (or w/e the name is; the final boss), any tips? Playing as a spellcaster; 38 total armor w/ Spectre armor (mostly Menacing prefixes), using all the buff potions I can think of, made a long stretch of asphalt so I can kite him better, and using that Razorpine spell as my main DPS ability. I managed to kill one of his hands before he killed me.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch. That sucks. I remember when I lost my data on the PC version due to reformatting my computer (and forgetting to save my local saves), I was devastated. Of course, since it was PC, I could use TEdit to give myself back the items that I had legitimately acquired in less than 5 minutes, so no real harm done, but...if I couldn't? That'd be something to quit over. Keep in mind I'm trying to get one of every item in the game, so it'd be especially devastating for me.

So I'm trying to beat the Moon Lord (or w/e the name is; the final boss), any tips? Playing as a spellcaster; 38 total armor w/ Spectre armor (mostly Menacing prefixes), using all the buff potions I can think of, made a long stretch of asphalt so I can kite him better, and using that Razorpine spell as my main DPS ability. I managed to kill one of his hands before he killed me.

If you don't have it the spaceship from the martian invasion is almost required.

There are still ways to cheese it if you want to do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    If you don't have it the spaceship from the martian invasion is almost required.
    Ah. I do not. Hell, I don't even know what it does, TBH.

To the wiki! Guess I've got some farming to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. I do not. Hell, I don't even know what it does, TBH.

To the wiki! Guess I've got some farming to do.

it's a mount that gives you infinite flying time.

it's a mount that gives you infinite flying time.
    I see. Yeah, that sounds pretty handy.

Are there any better single-target DPS spells than the Razorpine? I feel like it's my best DPS item. Combined with the Golden Shower debuff (when it works), it seems to do tremendous damage... but it feels like I don't do that much against the Moon Lord. I assume it's just because he has a lot of health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Yeah, that sounds pretty handy.

Are there any better single-target DPS spells than the Razorpine? I feel like it's my best DPS item. Combined with the Golden Shower debuff (when it works), it seems to do tremendous damage... but it feels like I don't do that much against the Moon Lord. I assume it's just because he has a lot of health.

I can't help you with spell casting. I always did melee or mixed summoner/melee.

I can't help you with spell casting. I always did melee or mixed summoner/melee.
    How does that work with bosses? I just can't see melee working... Unless you use stuff like Flails or something semi-ranged.

I can see summoner actually working on the Moon Lord with good kiting. I want to beat it as a spellcaster, though.

How does that work with bosses? I just can't see melee working... Unless you use stuff like Flails or something semi-ranged.

I can see summoner actually working on the Moon Lord with good kiting. I want to beat it as a spellcaster, though.
    Maybe one of the Nebula spells you can craft?

10+ Year Old Account
    I may just rip down my house, and remake the server, but that now means having to make a new hellvator, a new bridge for WoF and a new house. Anyone on xbox wanna help me with that? :P (kidding)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account

With melee stacking defense you take a lot less damage. And yeah you use pretty much a melee weapon that has a ranged attack. Other then that you pretty much just spam attack while trying to dodge his attacks. I've found with the space ship kiting him in a loop works for me.