Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    no just the pc version is getting the update the rest are stuck wth what they have now

pc ftw :/
    Well microsoft charges something like 50k for updates so yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Well microsoft charges something like 50k for updates so yeah
    After the first free patch (iirc). They're so generous! /sarcasm

So I see a lot of people are going to start a new character when the patch hits. Interesting, I thought most people would want to see the new content asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Here's some more info, including a really awesome looking trailer. It's basically like they're giving us Terraria 2 for free. This is unreal. I would have paid for this. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/18/te...ves-october-1/

Looks like potentially we'll have pets, mounts, a boat load of new gear, new weapons, new monsters, new biomes. Pirates, ghosts, ice monsters, cthulu brains, and so so much more.

I'm going to create a character from scratch with my wife and start all over for this because of how massively different it will be.
    I was already prepared to throw my money at the screen, but I guess it's not needed.
    I would have easily paid $15 for it

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So I see a lot of people are going to start a new character when the patch hits. Interesting, I thought most people would want to see the new content asap.
    I think it's slightly different than other games because you can encounter many new features while starting over. The new biomes and new gear can probably be acquired during the course of normal play. I'm not sure how the boss progression will go, or whether you activate hard mode the same, or really anything progression wise....

That's likely a good reason why I'm going to start from scratch. I'm also not sure how the game will handle just plopping the new biomes and enemies in a game where you've already cleared/visited the entire map. (smaller worlds) Maybe you have to create a new world to even have this stuff apply? Idk...haven't read much about it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I have terraria but in my PS3, the game sucks if you try to play it with a PS3 controller >.<

Looking amazing! Now the wait got that much more unbearable.

Totally understand if you just want to play with your wife, but could you use another? I'd love to play with someone. My friends seem to have moved on from Terraria, or are unavailable.

You should add me regardless.
    I'll add you my friends and I are planning on playing and I am coming back to it when the new update happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cK8Q00xETM

By far the best thing to come from this game. Hopefully they get further this time.
    A small world will help a LOT. It's obvious they got bored by their slow progress, so being able to get to everything faster is going to improve that series significantly. And seeing as I know nothing about 1.2 or its features (intentionally avoiding spoiling it), it makes this playthrough even more tantalizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    A small world will help a LOT. It's obvious they got bored by their slow progress, so being able to get to everything faster is going to improve that series significantly. And seeing as I know nothing about 1.2 or its features (intentionally avoiding spoiling it), it makes this playthrough even more tantalizing.
    Yeah I'm not going to actually read the features or how anything works, I just watched the gameplay videos, saw a brief list of new things, and then that's as far as I'm going. To be honest I will probably not read anything else since it's only a few days away at this point. I'm just going to get in there, play until I think there's nothing to do, and then learn what I need to do to keep going.

I still remember when I thought getting entrance to the dungeon was the end of the game. Then I found a vodoo doll and accidentally used it. Whoa boy...that was...not fun.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account

id imagine the new stuff would require a new world (new biomes etc) so you might aswell make a new char while your at it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    meh im sure humble bundle will have a game + soundtrack bundle someday so might aswell wait for that and gift out the game if youve already got it

i remember them saying that there would be 4000+ items but im wondering wether its in total or just the new stuff and wether the new stuff isnt mostly build items like different colors of the same stuff :/

i dont care much for the build items and never bothered with the wiring stuff other than a dart trap to kill stuff coming towards my house
    and things like the toilet and bathtub i never used
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-09-28 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never really been able to get into terraria... A real shame, it looks entertaining to say the least. I just can't stand the control scheme with all the menus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    with all the menus
    umm....I don't think you played Terraria.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I've never really been able to get into terraria... A real shame, it looks entertaining to say the least. I just can't stand the control scheme with all the menus
    Eh,. what menus are you talking about?

You just pick a char, start a server, let it load and then it's just dig dig dig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I think it's slightly different than other games because you can encounter many new features while starting over. The new biomes and new gear can probably be acquired during the course of normal play. I'm not sure how the boss progression will go, or whether you activate hard mode the same, or really anything progression wise....

That's likely a good reason why I'm going to start from scratch. I'm also not sure how the game will handle just plopping the new biomes and enemies in a game where you've already cleared/visited the entire map. (smaller worlds) Maybe you have to create a new world to even have this stuff apply? Idk...haven't read much about it.

Much like the snow biome, if your map does not have it,. you won't encouter it.
    If you generate a new map, then the new biomes might be in it.

If they are generated after a certain boss defeat (like hard mode), then they might be added to your existing map. But otherwise, no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just put my drill and armor in a box, and generate a new map.

There's no point starting with a copper pick if you can start with a hamdrax

10+ Year Old Account
    id imagine starting a new world is still the same as before..

if anything the new stuff is mostly endgame

if i give my new char anything itll be a grappling hook

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    id imagine starting a new world is still the same as before..

if anything the new stuff is mostly endgame
    Nope! Its a complete game overhaul, there are changes from the very getgo. BIG changes.

Can't... wait... Terraria 1.2 will be glorious... *twitch*

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Nope! Its a complete game overhaul, there are changes from the very getgo. BIG changes.
    Such as waterfalls, half tiles, etc.
    You probably won't see those without a rebuild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    i wouldve watched the pbat thing but i found him to be a complete dick less than 5minutes in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Such as waterfalls, half tiles, etc.
    You probably won't see those without a rebuild.
    im too lazy for fancy builds ill probarly mess around with it once then get bored and blow the crap out of it with the noob tube
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-09-28 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cK8Q00xETM

By far the best thing to come from this game. Hopefully they get further this time.
    I just watched the 3 episodes they put out so far, awesome to see them playing Terraria again. I absolutely love the Ice biome already, can't wait to go and harvest all the bits for an ice fortress.

I just got the game yesterday and heared about a big patch coming up.

Will my old chars and old world still work in the new patch ? I just started digging up some iron ore, have not done much more so far.
    Ecce homo ergo elk