Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I want to see an Elder Scrolls MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Valve, /covers in shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    1: The bugs only happen to some, I've only had minor bugs (91hours played).
    2: Crappy presentation, eh? Clarify?
    3: Lack luster combat? Oppinions really, I'd much rather have TES combat than say standard FPS combat, oh and the combat isn't important either in TES, it's all about the story and immersion.
    Im not a big fan of tes. I redboxed skyrim the day after it came out and all I can say is im glade I redboxed it.

To add to the off topic part here is a quote I found from a member of this great site and it ,ore or less sums up my opinion on skyrim. note parts of this qoute are changed by me.
    "skyrim isn't good or well known for good gameplay it's popular for the exploration and RP possiblities. And by RP it doesn't mean stuff like narrative, character development, dialogue or lore...Bethesda creates beautiful worlds to explore; but not great games imo."

OT With the way gw2 Is looking I think it would be pretty interesting to see a sw mmo made by anet. A star wars mmo with bioware story telling and gw2 gameplay would be kick ass imo.

Oh what the hay...

Ubisoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda... great, more about Skyrim. This is getting reeeeally annoying.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post

What I don't understand is how can so many people like their TES games and play them for so long.
    Because they are open ended games and the players have a lot of freedom to play how they wish. There aren't many other games like them. That is why people like their games. My really only problem with the Elder Scrolls games is the first person view, I just don't think it works well in a fantasy game especially the melee combat. But everything else I love (bugs aside).

. Blizzard - only if it is there A dev team not this C or D team crap
    . Bethesda obviously and whoever says no after playing Skyrim is on drugs. Skyrim is the major reason why whenever Bioware says SWTOR is a RPG everyone is looking at them crazy
    . Trion - Star Wars universe was all about random stuff happening all over the galaxy. A majorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr week point of TOR for me atleast is you level out of a world and you are done. What if there were random Sith Invasions on the worlds and quest points could be taken over?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Black Isle/Interplay.

I miss you guys.
    Aren't they basically Obsidian now?

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    ^ this. Bethesda bores me.

bioware or nothing.

obsidian would me unfinished and buggy.
    I lost faith in bioware after DA2. That game was obvious cash grab of dubious quality, and it was very disappointing for a respected company to make such terrible move.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aren't they basically Obsidian now?
    A lot of talent left the studios when they 'evolved' into Obsidian Entertainment. Some guys went to Bioware, with whom they had a good relationship developing their later RPG's, some guys went freelance, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to recommend Bethesda, but then I took an arrow to the knee. And many bugs and glitches to the face.

Seriously though, I played Skyrim for two weeks with crashes to desktop every few hours, before I realized it was the game crashing from memory overload. I found an addon that allowed the game 4GB of memory (ZOMG WHAT A HUGE AMOUNT SURELY MY COMP WILL DIE) and it was fine. You know what a Bethesda tech guy recommended I do to fix the CTDs? Change my sound preferences. Seriously.

That turned me off to any future Bethesda game, and I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Then again I played those on XBox.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

BioWare is a really good pick to begin with, but if I had to chose another... Blizzard.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Activision...oh wait...

OT: Bethesda by far.

Reform original Verant, and let them go to town. FOr those who don't know, Verant were the original EQ designers/team.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Rockstar. I don't think I'd ever touch a Bethesda MMO.

I think a western or mafia style Rockstar MMO could be very cool.
    So much this. I just got done playing Red Dead Redemption for like the 20th time and an MMO set in that world would be awesome

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    No one likes Garrosh. And the druids play a gigantic role in Tauren society too, so is he part leader of the Tauren?

And if you play Bethesda games for story, you obviously haven't finished the main quest, or the Dark Brotherhood storylines. They were crap.
    Liking Garrosh or not, doesn't change the fact that he is Warchief. As for TES, yes I've finished it all, whether it was crap or not is your opinion.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Obviously it's my opinion, I was giving reasons as to why I didn't like it.
    Actually, you were bashing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, I hate Bethesda because their games are utterly boring. Skyrim ? I played it for 5 days and then I got burnt out on it, as I pretty much saw all the fun stuff.

What I don't understand is how can so many people like their TES games and play them for so long.
    Because some of us find enjoyment in exploring, and not having stuff handed to us on a platter. I'm guessing you just did all the Faction Quests and the Main Quests then went "k i done now, why i so bored!?!?".

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    Bugs galore, no ty. I think BioWare is fine even though I haven't really played many of their games. As long as they don't turn into Blizzard I'm cool.
    I agree with this 100%. Bugs get nasty in Bathesda games, good thing I can just quit them for a few months until stuff gets fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liking Garrosh or not, doesn't change the fact that he is Warchief. As for TES, yes I've finished it all, whether it was crap or not is your opinion.
    No, just as it doesn't change the fact that Thrall is Horde. He can call himself "neutral" all he wants. And compared to any faction leader in the Alliance, he gets a shitton of attention.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 10:10 PM ----------

Actually, you were bashing.
    Bashing is still an opinion... what?