Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think it will reach 1 million preorders by launch date

Right now according to vgchartz as of the 3rd they are sitting at number 1 with
    1 Star Wars: The Old Republic PC 3 15,734 916,490
    So do you think they will pull off the 1 million by launch? Personally I do, but even if they don't they will still be really close. Then you have the big launch parties, I could see them reaching it easily with the whole "first 24 hours of sale" that so many companies like to do.

http://www.vgchartz.com/charts/preorders.php

This isn't an argument thread or anything, just a general question to pass the time. Yay for day one preorder

If you mean US only, then maybe, it's hard to say for sure without knowing if VGchartz counts Origin preorders or not. It's passed that worldwide for sure, though.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    Thats just the US physical orders, they do not take into account digital orders or the rest of the world.

Deleted
    In one way I hope they do in another I hope they dont

I would because then its good to know more people will be playing.

I dont because I hope there isn't server issues with so many people playing at once.

It's at like 2m now.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Deleted
    Its already over 1 million. Remember those numbers dont include europe and digital pre orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think VGChartz's data is up to date, and they say specifically that its USA only. Hell, add Canada and they'd be over 1 mil with that data.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Right now according to vgchartz as of the 3rd they are sitting at number 1 with

So do you think they will pull off the 1 million by launch? Personally I do, but even if they don't they will still be really close. Then you have the big launch parties, I could see them reaching it easily with the whole "first 24 hours of sale" that so many companies like to do.

This isn't an argument thread or anything, just a general question to pass the time. Yay for day one preorder
    Take a closer look at that chart.

Notice it says "3 weeks to launch" -- The chart is a bit old now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neofate View Post
    Take a closer look at that chart.

Notice it says "3 weeks to launch" -- The chart is a bit old now.
    Yeah, I figured that it had already reached well over that mark if you include digital, international. I was just curious if people though they could reach that with their sales in America alone? I didn't know they weren't including digital copies though. Now I'm even more interested because of the debate of digital distribution versus boxed distribution. If they just blow away their boxed sales, it might change how they distribute stuff in the future. I'm not saying they would ever stop selling it boxed, but if they sell far more digital than boxed they might consider producing fewer boxes next time. Then again that is unlikely. A box on a shelf draws attention, the name on the box alone will get at least a look from anyone that knows Star Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    ...umm...it already did. Long time ago and in the USA alone. Add the EU to that.

Is that article up to date ?
    Exactly. I thought it was already well over 1 million.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Deleted
    As per press message of today

-725000 european concurrent User were online in average in official Beta
    -76000 guilds are ready for head start (each with min. 4 active preorder codes)
    -2,4 million retail preorders in Europe actually
    -In addition the aprox. 1 mio preorders (already confirmed in US 2 weeks ago)
    -In addition Digital preorders
    -In addition preorders outside US and Europe

I expect around 4,5 to 5 mio are heading for SWTOR.

So to answer your question: yes, more than a million :-)

Mind pointing me to where you got that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwind View Post

Got a link to this source?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn, I wasn't expecting that many. I was hoping for 2.5. Well, actually I'm not surprised. I'm a Comp Eng major, and all my classmates have been talking about is TOR.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Yeah...I think there was a reason for them adding two more days to stagger the starts. That would equate to around a 30%+ jump in numbers from what they originally thought, when they were going to go with 5 days of early access. And remember, this is just for pre-orders with redeemed codes, and not counting those who are getting the game for Christmas, etc.

If SWTOR breaks 5 million on launch, I think the EA/Bioware folks are going to poop themselves. 5 years of money recouped, and then some, in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    It's at like 2m now.
    It's nearly 4 mil...

Deleted
    Since this chart is one week old, I believe it already reached 1 million.
    And Lordwind, can you post source for you information?

The days perhaps.. though these numbers were up there even a month ago. At any rate, I can only see them changing it because they want people to get the 5 days access in a 'feasible' manner. Meaning if they can make it happen, then make it so. Otherwise, they have time.

As far as expectations I think they've already 'pooped' themselves. =)

But with those kind of figures just thrown out -- the beta stress test didn't even come close. Hrmm

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwind View Post

Umm, there have not been any EA press releases regarding SWTOR today. Closest is from last Wednesday:
    http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/in...64&newsLang=en

Which says:
    "During the weekend of November 25 – November 28, 2011, over 725,000 unique gamers participated in a highly successful Beta test for the game, logging in over 9 million hours of gameplay. With two weeks to go until launch, more than 78,000 guilds have participated in the Pre-Launch Guild Program and over 2.4 million players are registered on the game’s official web site."

Which has very similar numbers to what you posted, but for different things. I'm guessing you saw a fake press release, a bad translation, or are just remembering incorectly.

Deleted
    We really need some sources to stop these crazy numbers flying about that are being stated as facts.
    Last edited by mmoc474cf509db; 2011-12-11 at 10:19 PM.