Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I went Operative in Beta, never tried Sniper. From playing an Operative tho I could cut things down in melee really quick, within a few abilities. It was pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Sniper doesnt compare to any class in wow....the cover mechanic is different......and terrible (imo) I couldnt get used to it but I've always played mobile/kiting classes in mmos and I just can't stand it. In pve its alright but pvp for me was horrid. I just really hated being limited to cover/standing still so much.
    I really enjoyed it, get to sit back and control the field with all the CC's, really get a good perspective on what's going on as well. I find it requires a lot of patience and foresight in regards to PvP. Whenever you put down cover, you should be thinking how hard will it be for an enemy to reach me here? Can i do a quick knock-back to knock them off the ledge? Do i have an easy escape route?

At first I got creamed and overwhelmed but once I started planning more rather then just running in and dropping cover, I found I was cleaning house. To each his own though, I could see that if you like to kite, the class could be really annoying. As it is really gimped not in cover.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-12-12 at 05:23 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Konics View Post
    Sniper doesnt compare to any class in wow....the cover mechanic is different......and terrible (imo) I couldnt get used to it but I've always played mobile/kiting classes in mmos and I just can't stand it. In pve its alright but pvp for me was horrid. I just really hated being limited to cover/standing still so much.
    It's an acquired taste... BUT I LOVE IT! Why? because it totally fits my playstyle, and it's actually useful in game! It's not just for vanity purpose (jumping behind something).

Check out this stream, level 50 sniper, maybe it will help you decide.

www.twitch.tv/daniteh

If you want to see some level 50 sniper gameplay that can help you decide check out this livestream: twitch.tv/daniteh

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way you handle cover is very important. There's a few videos out there with tips on better cover usage, when and where to and all that. If you feel like playing a Sniper, you'll have to ensure you not only get used to the idea, but good at exploiting it. It gets pretty sick if the enemy team leaves you alone too long though. You can rip them a new one for sure.