Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Swtor version

Just wondering if there is going to be a site dedicated to Swtor as MMO is to WoW... I know MMo-champ has a forum to discuss the game but I'm looking for a site that has all the patch news and blue posts but for swtor.. If anyone knows please fill me in, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could have sworn I saw this thread 10 times already.... Darth Hater is the site you're looking for. Not quite as nice as MMO-Champion but thats what Curse is sticking us with.

Deleted
    I doubt it.
    MMO-Champion usually covers the Blizzard stuff only ( like Diablo 3 for instance as well. ). But, that is as far as I know. If they would, they'd have had one by now.

Darthhater is the closest you'll get, no where near as informative as MMO-C though.

the game would have to be a success in order for someone to dedicate a site to swtor as much as mmo champion has to wow.

"in b4 someone trying to bring up a wild arguement about swtor being a definite success, please enlighten everyone on your future seeing abilities"

10+ Year Old Account
    But... SWToR isn't the champion of MMOs right now so...

Yeah?
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

darth hater is pretty average.

I prefer to use R2-DB.com or Torhead.com (torhead is part of the wowhead team ie; ZAM) and R2db has joined up with ZAM as well. so the information is more reliable, more so than darth haters stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, I'll check out all of those. Hopefully MMO-Champ will get in the mix at some point if the game gets popular.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    But... SWToR isn't the champion of MMOs right now so...

Yeah?
    why would you capitalize everything but old... If any word in SWTOR deserves lower case its "the".
    And they're not wanting mmo-c to cover this game as well, they're looking for a site thats an equal to this, made specifically for SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    why would you capitalize everything but old... If any word in SWTOR deserves lower case its "the".
    People have actually done that since SWTOR has been announced, I use to do it too until I realized it was the proper way, I dunno its weird.

A ton of web sites came out for SWTOR, it's nuts.
    Wowhead made a Torhead for example.
    Curse picked up Darthhater for SWTOR since they have MMOchampion for wow.
    Etc.

This has never happened for any other game, Rifthead? not!, but the writing is on the wall.

Personally, I don't like the Darthhater sight, Curse goofed imo getting it.
    Anyway in about a year MMOchampion will be a SWTOR site primarily, and the wow players will fork off into their own site.... maybe MMOdefeated would be a good name.
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

In before someone says

"but it's called mmo-champion not wow-champion"

OT: Darthhater isn't as active as MMO-Champ - you won't find a SW:TOR site (yet) that is as active as MMO-Champ's WoW forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    There might be a new site under development purely for gaming news with tabs to select which news you would like to look at (only major games), that's all I am saying.

Anyway, if TOR really becomes big around 2-4mill subs maybe they might do SWTOR news on the front page, who knows.
    -K

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedup View Post
    Just wondering if there is going to be a site dedicated to Swtor as MMO is to WoW... I know MMo-champ has a forum to discuss the game but I'm looking for a site that has all the patch news and blue posts but for swtor.. If anyone knows please fill me in, thanks.
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/

Pretty decent me thinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/
    Pretty decent me thinks...
    No class updates since September, no crew skills updates since october.... pretty out of date...

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    There might be a new site under development purely for gaming news with tabs to select which news you would like to look at (only major games), that's all I am saying.

Anyway, if TOR really becomes big around 2-4mill subs maybe they might do SWTOR news on the front page, who knows.
    You mean tentonhammer?

How about we wait and see if star wars lasts past its initial 3-6 month period before everyone moves onto the next game. Investing time into a website on the idea that something is new and coming out is a poor decision unless you can say 100% its going to be worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    How about we wait and see if star wars lasts past its initial 3-6 month period before everyone moves onto the next game. Investing time into a website on the idea that something is new and coming out is a poor decision unless you can say 100% its going to be worth the time.
    Tell that to all the people who've already made a website on TOR, including the makers of wowhead.com

www.torhead.com

Deleted
    Horrible name for a Fan website dedicated to a new MMO anyone that uses the word HATER is either an idiot or a child

Try OldRepublic.NET,
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2011-12-05 at 10:35 AM.

Well Curse, this web sites sponser, did invest.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 10:47 AM ----------

Wait, looking at your post history, your like one of the biggest wow fanbois on this web site.
    What exactly made you come into the SWTOR subforum just to bash the game in the first place?