Thread: Tim Tebow

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry but Tebow didn't win that. He was given it by Marion Barber on a silver platter. First he doesn't stay in bounds to win and then he gets stripped cause he was running with in one handed. Also there is a stat I'm sure that is easy to find that while Orton was the QB the Broncos D gave up something along the lines of 27 points per game and with Tebow it has given up 20 or less per game. The D has bought into the Tebow-aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoneum View Post
    Unless he figured out how to possess kickers and make 50+ yard field goals disguised as someone else. Also, he clearly had nothing to do with Marion Barber fumbling the game away.
    Both of these quotes basically sum it up for me.

It's amazing that they go up against probably the only good team they've played since Detroit, and the team is missing their starting QB and their star RB. I truly believe Brady, Gronkowski and Welker are all going to trip, stub their toe's and all fall over each other and have to miss the Pats/Broncos game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    If Denver had some wide outs that could actually catch the ball when it's in their hands, Tim's numbers would be awesome. However, at times they look horrifically bad. Not that Tim hasn't made some huge mistakes, but he can't catch the ball for his receivers. I think I counted like 5 to 7 dropped passes that should have NEVER been dropped.
    How is this an excuse for Tebow, yet not for Orton?

And can you really blame them? Denver rarely throws the ball and when they do, it's usually a jump ball over their heads or just completely no where near them. How many times has Denver gone into halftime with only 0 - 5 pass attempts? A top receiver would look bad under those conditions so what exactly are you expecting out of Denver's receiving corp.?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm sorry but Tebow didn't win that. He was given it by Marion Barber on a silver platter. First he doesn't stay in bounds to win
    ... DPS shouldn't have ran through the fire.

and then he gets stripped cause he was running with in one handed.
    Shoulda used a defensive cooldown.

Also: Holy crap are people actually taking this seriously? When I started out comparing him to a friggin' Raid Boss?

Even if the "wins" have been credited to him, he really didn't win them. The Bronco's defense plays for 60 minutes while Tebow plays RB for 55 minutes.

If anything, the D deserves the credit, not Tebow.

I don't have anything against him, I just don't like that he got drafted so high.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    If Denver Cleveland had some wide outs that could actually catch the ball when it's in their hands, Tim's Colt's numbers would be awesome. However, at times they look horrifically bad. Not that Tim Colt hasn't made some huge mistakes, but he can't catch the ball for his receivers. I think I counted like 5 to 7 dropped passes that should have NEVER been dropped.
    I dunno, it just seems to easy to make the same cooment about any number of QBs in the NFL...

also, crediting each win to the QB makes about as much sense as crediting each win in MLB to the starting pitcher
    Last edited by mrbadxampl; 2011-12-17 at 02:31 PM. Reason: how do you get the crossed-out lettering?
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Grease View Post
    Seriously people, you don't survive in the NFL as a QB if you suck at throwing the football.
    Unless Denver's defense plays offense too, it's pretty hard to call Tebow a bad passer when he has the highest fourth-quarter QB rating in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    How is this an excuse for Tebow, yet not for Orton?
    Oooohhhh man, don't get me started on Orton. He's the king of throwing decent passes and getting nowhere. And all things considered, receivers are accounting for three missed touchdown passes that were spot on this season, and said passes were about as good as you can ask for as far as getting the ball to a catch-able region (that means not jump balls). Even Rodgers, the most accurate QB in the league, makes a lot of RIDICULOUS passes because his guys are great at grabbing the ball.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Switch Rivers and Romo and you may be on to something.
    Any other year I would put Rivers ahead of Romo, but this year Rivers is playing pretty bad and Romo has been playing fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    ... has a 55 minute Enrage timer.
    HAHAHA seriously when I watch them play now, during the last 5 minutes I am just going to imagine Tebow growing double in size and glowing red.

(I am not even a Broncos fan.. but for the past several weeks they have been fun as hell to watch. Playin like poop the whole game and then going all berserk in the last 5 mins or so)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    Any other year I would put Rivers ahead of Romo, but this year Rivers is playing pretty bad and Romo has been playing fairly well.
    I put that more on the terrible offensive line the Chargers have ATM, every snap River's is ending up on his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Tebowing in hockey now

wtf

hahahaha, this is awesome- /like

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    hehe. Orr is such a fun guy. Too bad he gets scratched so much

This Tebowing is getting out of hand lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    This Tebowing is getting out of hand lol.
    Can you imagine if they they get to the Super Bowl let alone win it? The media scrutiny would be huge.

I highly doubt it they will make it that far but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Can you imagine if they they get to the Super Bowl let alone win it? The media scrutiny would be huge.

I highly doubt it they will make it that far but you never know.
    Not going to happen in a million years. Yes, I'm a Denver fan and I like Tebow.

Deleted

Here is the thing about Tim Tebow. He (along with the Broncos) has brought new blood to the NFL, and you cant argue that. Some could say they tune in because they respect him for his attitude, his determination, his beliefs, etc. I think most will say its because him and the Broncos make for interesting football. Winning in the last minute due to a miracle play makes for great Hollywood moments. My girlfriend hates Football, but likes watching Tebow. She says he must rub butter all over himself because he somehow slips out of sticky situations. There is a reason ratings spike to see a Broncos game instead of a almost undefeated GB Packers. Aaron Rodgers is a great QB, but not many people want to see a team be spanked (besides cheese heads of course). They want to see competition.

As for the personal hate towards Tebow, I don't understand it. Let me start off by saying I am not a religious person in the slightest. I do not believe in God. With that said, I have NO issue with what he does. I don't feel he is preaching, just celebrating his beliefs, and that is perfectly fine. I honestly think people are just jealous of the attention he is getting. Yes, there are far better QB's out there, but realize this is just as much professional sports as it is the entertainment industry. If people want to see Tebow, that's what they will get, and the NFL will laugh all the way to the bank (along with Tebow jerseys).

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Tebow. I think he is just a self-righteous douche. That said, if there is a God, he is a huge Tebow fan. Tebow is magic!

Let us not overlook the rest of that team. The defense has played awesome and his receivers have made some plays when given the chance.

---------- Post added 2012-01-10 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Tebowing in hockey now
    Lol, something so absurd is ripe for parody.
    I like sandwiches

All media crap aside, that last game showed that he's capable of making passes when he needs to. I'm excited to see how the offseason will improve the chemistry between him and the receivers.