Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Is it really a good thing that a well known guild that got caught exploiting to move to another game where they will most likely do the samething if the opportunity presented itself?
    Yea, because WoW is now a haven of saints and no cheaters. /sarcasm off

Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    they did it on Sinestra as well im sure alot of us remember the pic that had 1dk with 1.5m DPS with i belive it was 1m dmg done from 1 Dark Sim
    That was a bug and was corrected by blizzard on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    That was a bug and was corrected by blizzard on the spot.
    i know im just saying they "exploited" it back then and no one called them Good Guys for calling it in, yet they do it again in LFR and everyone wants to call them out for cheating lol

Is it really a good thing that a well known guild that got caught exploiting to move to another game where they will most likely do the samething if the opportunity presented itself?
    If you want a game that has a strong living community you want the big guilds. If you want hello kitty island its more important that everyone are nice to each other and pet with kittens, then sure. Them exploiting doesn't affect you, or 99% of the playerbase, them joining affects you in bringing more players to the game you like.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 11:37 AM ----------

i know im just saying they "exploited" it back then and no one called them Good Guys for calling it in, yet they do it again in LFR and everyone wants to call them out for cheating lol
    Ah sorry, missed that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    If you want a game that has a strong living community you want the big guilds. If you want hello kitty island its more important that everyone are nice to each other and pet with kittens, then sure. Them exploiting doesn't affect you, or 99% of the playerbase, them joining affects you in bringing more players to the game you like.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 11:37 AM ----------

Ah sorry, missed that point.
    S'ok next time ill tar and feather you =D

Clearly the LFR exploit was discovered awhile ago, maybe even on the PTR and was never reported.

Why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Why does it matter?
    Doesn't really, just found it comical with the timing and all.

Deleted
    Then don't post or reply. Simple enough.

I personally discredit any guild having exploiting the game and that's my right to do so.
    Wait a minute... Weren't guilds like Paragon, Ensidia, Method and the like banned together with FTH for the SAME EXACT THING?

Most of the top guilds exploited the LFR except for vodka and Blood Legion, no?

So don't worry if 1 guild switches to TOR. You will have dozens of "cheater" guilds in your game still you can discredit all day long, enjoy :-)

Clearly the LFR exploit was discovered awhile ago, maybe even on the PTR and was never reported.
    It was reported, but got lost somewhere in the system (not saying it was ignored).

So because they didn't get a pat on the back for reporting the bug before, they have an excuse not to for future bugs?
    you obviously missed the entire point of my post, its called equal treatment you obviously want to hang FTH and other top end guilds for exploiting LFR and want them all banned and shit but you could care less when they TOLD blizzard there was something wrong with a boss mechanic, and if LFR exploit was discovered along time ago MORE people and guilds would have been banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Show me a top5 guild that never got suspended for exploiting.
    Inner sanctum?

With a little luck BioWare and EA won't let cheaters do what they want for 7 years.

If they leave to SWTOR or they stay doesn't change much, what they should try to do is learn that cheating is a bad thing.

They cheated, they got banned, they now ragequit (like a 5 year old kid playing dota, hon, lol) and move to another game. We can only hope that they grow up so they dont repeat the same process in SWTOR.

Who cares? It's not like you're going to compete with them with your lackluster toons you have linked in your signature. Why all the hate? You do your thing, let them do their thing. I don't care one way or the other and I don't really interest myself with what top guilds are doing most of the time but here I am taking 2 minutes out of my day to reply to your trollface post.

This whole thing sceams I'm offended by this although it has absolutely no impact on my life type of hypocracy which I cannot stand. I would rather have "their" type of people in SWTOR than "your" type of people, constantly complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you go under the assumption that EVERYONE exploits in games. Right... great outlook you have in life sir.
    Yes because in my 7 years playing I've seen many many exploits. Being it simple ways of bugging an encounter to get an achievement or bugging trash or bosses so you can skip or trivialize them in LFD. It's still exploiting.

Deleted
    Unless you purposely played on the same server as them, seen as you're from the US it makes this even less likely, I don't see how this affects you in anyway?

you obviously missed the entire point of my post, its called equal treatment you obviously want to hang FTH and other top end guilds for exploiting LFR and want them all banned and shit but you could care less when they TOLD blizzard there was something wrong with a boss mechanic, and if LFR exploit was discovered along time ago MORE people and guilds would have been banned
    Actually, I'm sure more people were banned. We just don't know about it since they aren't in the spot light of Race to firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickileet View Post
    Inner sanctum?
    Dont think IS is even top 10

That's what big guilds do mate. The reason why it's so big atm is because of this:
    Blizzard did not crack down on previous exploiters. The worst thing that happened was that the exploited gains would be removed.
    This exploit however was something that EVERYONE could use, not just big guilds. As such it became known across the community and a controversy was started.

If blizz had been banning people for similar exploits in the past, they wouldn't have taken the risk. FTH was already tired with WoW, so this inconsistent behavior is pretty much what brought them over. Saying that they KNEW that they were cheating: Many of these guilds reported the issue on PTR, blizz didn't do anything about it, so they used it when live came around. Obviously it's good they finally did something about it, but we shouldn't be surprised that some people would quit going from 0 punishment to rather hard punishment.

Doesn't really, just found it comical with the timing and all.
    There's nothing comical about it. For the Horde already stated in manaflask that they had joined the SW:TOR beta, and they really liked the game. They were already planning to leave WoW to join SW:TOR. The ban just gave them a final push.