Massively's guide to SWTOR's launch and beyond

#TeamTinkers

I love how before the Preorder numbers started coming out, Massively's articles were all about how bad SWTOR, since it was not a sandbox. Now its all about the hype, and how epic it will be. sorry but they lost any journalistic integrity a while ago. All the info i need can be found at Darth Hater.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazybean View Post
    I love how before the Preorder numbers started coming out, Massively's articles were all about how bad SWTOR, since it was not a sandbox. Now its all about the hype, and how epic it will be. sorry but they lost any journalistic integrity a while ago. All the info i need can be found at Darth Hater.
    That may have been just one or two writers. For example, Larry Everett from Massively has always been a fan of Star Wars and SWTOR. He has been a regular member of the SWTOR show called The Republic on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/the-republic/) that has been releasing a new episode every week for more than a year now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, their class guides don't really give much information except the "feel" of the class at low levels. There's nothing there you wouldn't get from playing a few hours. The lore sections seem ripped from a wiki article. The crafting section has some wrong information in it too - specifically the crafting/gathering/mission relationship.

Then I noticed a lot of these articles are old - some over a month. You'd think they could at least revisit them and include new info.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroa View Post
    That may have been just one or two writers. For example, Larry Everett from Massively has always been a fan of Star Wars and SWTOR. He has been a regular member of the SWTOR show called The Republic on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/the-republic/) that has been releasing a new episode every week for more than a year now.
    Excactly, he wrote the Hyperspace Beacon articles and co-hosts The Republic on gbtv that imo is the best weekly podcast on swtor, been watching it for months

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like their dedicated WoW site...but Massively is just junk. They need to fire Jeff Reahard if they haven't already. Yes he writes an opinion piece for Massively, but he is also very, very ignorant and it shows. Not to mention that any publication worth beans will have their op-piece writer in line with their overall views. Jeff claims to have only played WoW for six weeks of his life (in another article) but at the same time he claims to know what will pull players away from their game.

"Honestly folks, do you think your average WoW player gives a damn about The Old Republic? Really? I'm sure some do, but the reality is that BioWare's would-be WoW competitor is about as nerdcore as it's possible for a $200 million title to be. It lacks the whimsy, cute factor, and inherent family friendliness of Azeroth, and it takes itself pretty seriously in comparison." -source

The article is somewhat dated but just a taste of how the site has changed their tone over time. Plus, this guy is using WoW and family friendliness in the same sentence.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2011-12-12 at 06:27 PM.