Deleted

Juggernaut vs Assassin

Right, so im at a bit of a dilema, and searching didnt yield me a lot, especially not with the swtor.com forums down.

Me and a friend are going to play together. Hes going for Sith Inquisitor, which most likely is turning into a Sorcerer.
    Im still unsure however, been looking at both assassin and juggernaut and both seem nice.

Currently at wow ive got one of every char on 85, juggling around my priest and warrior alt here and there, while having a rogue main.

Both swtor classes appeal to me quite a lot, i like stealth, but i also like combo points and energy (correct me if im wrong but assassins have "energy" while juggernauts run on a variation of combo points but with a higher limit and set number of points taken per attack?), aswell as just taking the enemy straight on.
    Im also planning on tanking, but ofcourse want to try out dps at times, so both of them seem nice in that context aswell. Also we're aiming for a pvp server, and killing anything of the opposite side that crosses our path.

I admit i havent seen many gameplay videos and stuff, and just seeing the skills on a wiki or such doesnt help much (torheads skill list was a mix of talents and stuff so i didnt even know what was what). Im not really sure what kind of cool moves they have towards the end (well aside from an aoe knockback from the assassin and that grasp spell of juggernauts, but those are early on arent they?).
    So do you have any kind of info able to sway my decision towards either of them? Do assassins and sorceres completely share gear? Have i completely missunderstood something about the classes? Own opinions? Anything helps, really :P

Force Leap/charge

That is all that it took for me to decide.

Well I played the assasin and I have to say I enjoyed it. OK you are in lighter armour but its a good class, you share armours to a degree, but if u were going tnak ud be taking the def/endurance pcs etc so they do vary. Also if ya friend was going SI Sorc and U went SI Assas you can lvl together from lvl 1.
    The jugg is meant to be nice to play I havent played it myself but someone refered to it as the warrior equalivent. They are some posts on this forum for tanking forums and stuff I cant find the links atm short on time here are a few I had fast book marked though

http://swtor-tanking.com/forum/
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=636114 - nice assasin guide when its up

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Right, so im at a bit of a dilema, and searching didnt yield me a lot, especially not with the swtor.com forums down.

Me and a friend are going to play together. Hes going for Sith Inquisitor, which most likely is turning into a Sorcerer.
    Im still unsure however, been looking at both assassin and juggernaut and both seem nice.

Currently at wow ive got one of every char on 85, juggling around my priest and warrior alt here and there, while having a rogue main.

Both swtor classes appeal to me quite a lot, i like stealth, but i also like combo points and energy (correct me if im wrong but assassins have "energy" while juggernauts run on a variation of combo points but with a higher limit and set number of points taken per attack?), aswell as just taking the enemy straight on.
    Im also planning on tanking, but ofcourse want to try out dps at times, so both of them seem nice in that context aswell. Also we're aiming for a pvp server, and killing anything of the opposite side that crosses our path.

I admit i havent seen many gameplay videos and stuff, and just seeing the skills on a wiki or such doesnt help much (torheads skill list was a mix of talents and stuff so i didnt even know what was what). Im not really sure what kind of cool moves they have towards the end (well aside from an aoe knockback from the assassin and that grasp spell of juggernauts, but those are early on arent they?).
    So do you have any kind of info able to sway my decision towards either of them? Do assassins and sorceres completely share gear? Have i completely missunderstood something about the classes? Own opinions? Anything helps, really :P
    Both Juggernaut and Assassin will be melee, so that is the same.

Both classes can Tank or DPS, so your respec options are the same.

Juggernaut gets Force Leap, either in DPS or Tank spec. Assassin gets Force Pull, but only in Tank Spec. Winner, Juggernaut. (also, Force Leap, imo, is 100 times more fun.)

Juggernaut gets a Shield generator, Assassin gets a double-bladed lightsaber. Winner, Assassin.

Juggernaut gets Heavy Armor, Assassin gets Light Armor. Slight winner, Juggernaut.

The resource system is the same for both, Force. Your force bar regenerates at the same speed for each class.

Most importantly, if you level together you probably don't want to be the same class. You can't enter class story sections together and will have to do those parts separately or twice (depending on how you'd want to handle that).

The resource system is the same for both, Force. Your force bar regenerates at the same speed for each class.
    Actually Juggs use the rage mechanic not force.

The resource system is not the same at all — Juggernauts use Rage which works similar to Warriors in WoW. You gain rage by using your basic attack or charge and by taking damage and your other abilities consume it. Assassins use Force, which works similar to a rogue's energy in WoW.

Playstyle-wise, a Juggernaut plays very much like a Prot Warrior does; your basic attack is Sundering Assault for example, which is pretty much the same as Devastate and you have charges, shouts, and stuns. Assassin plays more like a DK tank; there's a fair amount of self healing and even a death grip move.

I have no idea which is more powerful at level 50, but there's some idea of how they play compared to WoW classes.

My friends blog has a post that answers this from a slightly more PVP slant, http://www.guard-this.com

It's the last part of the most recent entry! Good luck with y our choice, I would chime in, but I didn't play either class extensively during testing.

The one thing that stood out to me in the beta, while playing a sith warrior atleast, was how well the "charge" mechanic worked. No line of sight bs, i was able to jump off a cliff and charge into a pack below me (without jumping and charging midair, attempting to hit a half second window).

Juggernauts seem more fun overall.

Yes, it is SO MUCH better than WoW's retarded charge. Rather than having awkward pathing, you just leap through the air and land on your target. I tried using Assassin's Force Speed to leap off a cliff and then Overload before hitting the ground (you leap up and slam into the ground), but you still take fall damage unlike force charge.

Deleted
    I plan on playing an Ass tank, but the SW's force leap rules.

I can't decide between Juggernaut or Maurader. I'm leaning more to juggernaut since I can tank or dps but dual light sabers are pretty sexy

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played both classes in beta.

I started leveling a Jedi Shadow (Same class as Sith Assasin) to about level 23. It was fun, but not quite what i expected. There was way too much force abilities, so i felt more like a caster with some melee here and there.

Then i leveled a Sith Warrior (Juggernaught till level 14). And wow was that fun! I felt like a real melee dps, with alot of cool and fun abilities.

So if you want a pure melee class, i would suggest the Juggernaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtzium View Post
    I played both classes in beta.

I started leveling a Jedi Shadow (Same class as Sith Assasin) to about level 23. It was fun, but not quite what i expected. There was way too much force abilities, so i felt more like a caster with some melee here and there.

Then i leveled a Sith Warrior (Juggernaught till level 14). And wow was that fun! I felt like a real melee dps, with alot of cool and fun abilities.

So if you want a pure melee class, i would suggest the Juggernaught.
    I've been searching for an answer on this topic for a while and this is probably the most useful response I have seen yet. Thank you.