Concerning scoundrels "melee" skills

Greetings folks. Another silly question of mine which I hope someone will be able to help me with.

I know that cunning is the primary attribute for a scoundrel. That's pretty obvious. However... The abilities blaster whip and that shotgun backstab-clone, for example, are melee and not ranged. Are these affected by strength in some way? I mean, aim is supposed to help ranged skills (and yes, I know, cunning helps everything and is the best primary stat for a scoundrel, this is not a question about that), but does strength help their melee or do they count as ranged anyway?

I know that for a jedi shadow/sith assassin it's a good idea to get the strength datacrons as well as the willpower as they do get a small bonus from strength, I'm sure scoundrel can also get a small bonus from either aim or strength for these abilities... I just don't know which one. A google search didn't net me anything interesting sooooo... Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for your time and help

Strenght doesnt help in any way a Operative/scoundrel. Those melee attacks arent technicaly melee, they are called tech attacks, be it at close range or higher range.

Its cunning all the way, Aim does give some crit and while its not worth to gear for its good if you can collect the Aim based datacrons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be a little more general. All force users (Inquisitor/Consulars and Warriors/Knights) will benefit from the Strength and Willpower datacrons, all tech users (Agent/Smuggler and Bounty Hunter/Trooper) will benefit from Aim and Cunning datacrons. If you mouse over the stats on your character sheet you can see what benefits they give. I think my Trooper gets around 1% crit from all the Cunning datacrons that I've collected, which isn't bad considering that it's a free stat boost.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know.

However... Sage and strength? :P naaah...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post

But the Force is strong with them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lwa View Post
    But the Force is strong with them!
    AUGH the horror, the pun side is strong in here >_<

I remove my thanks!

Yeah I was very very slightly sad that Str datacrons wouldn't boost Stockstrike/Rocket Punch and Gut/Retractable Blade on my trooper and BH...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post

Well technically it can help...you can still swing your saber...which can be used to kill lower level things easy if your helping a friend. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So really its of absolutely no benefit to collect ALL the datacrons outside of the platforming challenge?

(or if one day they make the datacron bonuses apply to all characters in a Legacy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So really its of absolutely no benefit to collect ALL the datacrons outside of the platforming challenge?

(or if one day they make the datacron bonuses apply to all characters in a Legacy)
    Each datacron has a codex entry that unlocks...but beyond that there is no combat benefits.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my first character I went and collected them all, for the challenge, subsequent characters I have just gone and got the datacrons that are useful to the class, and some of the others if they are easy enough, but don't go out of my way to get the ones that are more challenging if the class can't use the stat benefit.