Deleted

Sinestra or Al'Akir 25man heroic

Currently my guild, which is a 25 man raiding guild, is clearing the old T11 raid bosses. So far we have cleared BWD on heroic, in BoT we are at 3/5 hc, with the council and Sinestra still to kill, in Tot4w we have killed the conclave.

We have discounted the council for now, as the main reason we are doing this is for the shiny titles. The decision we are stuck with is whether to go for Al'Akir or Sinestra next, in terms of difficulty which would be easier?

Our raid group is usually as follows:

Tanks:

Paladin
    Death Knight

Healers:

One shaman
    Two priest both with holy and disc specs
    Two holy paladins
    Two druids

DPS are usually an even split between ranged and melee

I'm not sure if there would be an easier option for our specific raid set-up, but I thought I would share it anyway.

Any sort of guidance is welcome!

Deleted
    Sinestra is so much easier to bruteforce with gear. Don't die to orbs and don't let people die to wrack = instant win. However I guess you can pop heroism on Al'akir in phase one and hope the best.

Agree, good gear helps more on Sinestra.

Al'Akir is honestly a joke now. The damage from lightning in p1 was nerfed to almost nothing. Once you make it to p2 with most of the raid alive, the fight goes so fast with current gear there's pretty much no way you can wipe. We killed it our first attempt in p3 when it was current content, point being that it's always been pretty much a free kill once you get to p3.

With Sinestra, sure gear makes it easier, but gear won't allow you to overcome the mechanics of the fight. There's a bit of a learning curve with cutters & whoever you have doing dispels, and gear won't help with that at all. I would definitely suggest going for Al'Akir first because gear and nerfs have made it very, very, very easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Al'Akir is probably going to be easier to get down if you have never done either. If you have T13/T12 gear you will plow through it if your dps are relatively good, and negate almost all of the fights mechanics with pure damage.

P1 should end with only 1 wind blast even without blood lust probably. P2 you will plow through it even if feedback drops off. Use bloodlust for max luls.

Sinestra does scale nicely in that more gear makes it a much easier kill, but you can't out gear the mechanics. It might take several wipes if you've never done it for your healers to learn to handle wrack and for the raid to properly handle orbs.

Also watch out for the random person who just has to kick/stun the spitecaller.

Sinestra is easier to carry imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Sinestra is easier to carry imo.
    How can you "carry" someone through slicers ? Or how can you carry someone that doesn't know / fails on wrack ?

Gear will nearly guarantee you an Al'akir kill, Sinestra will take significantly more attempts.

The only challenge you'll find in Al'akir HM with current gear is surviving P3...which is exactly the same as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.