View Poll Results: Which is more well known?

Voters
100. This poll is closed
  • World of Warcraft

56 56.00%
  • Counter Strike

44 44.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    You should be infracted for voicing such an ignorant comment.
    And you should be infracted for insulting a comment without even bothering to explain why you feel that way.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    WoW is like American Football
    CS is like Soccer

One is famous in few countries (wow) while the other is famous globally (CS).

Winner: CS, no competition at all
    Perhaps you haven't noticed, but this forum, which is focused on WoW, is heavily populated by non-Americans. WoW is played all over the world. It's known in many countries, and it's it's even MORE known in America.

Counter strike is played all over the world by gamers. It's natural that people on this forum would all be quite familiar with CS, because this forum is populated by, surprise surprise, gamers.

Being well-known requires taking a sample from more than just a pool of gamers. General population? Even grandmas known about (and sometimes play) WoW.

I'll say both are equal in being known.

CS has existed for a very, very, very long time and has rooted it's place in the Esport scene and it's still played VERY actively with hundreds of servers showing up at instant if I do a quick scan.

WoW got huge publicity by incredible release, several hotspots in media due to divorces and even death cases and over the years has rooted itself to be the norm when the casual Joe gets in mind if someone says a "MMO"

It would simply be impossible to compare which one is "more known"
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW. I still know people that claim to be FPS aficionados that have never heard of Counter-Strike and it's saddening.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    And you should be infracted for insulting a comment without even bothering to explain why you feel that way.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 02:47 AM ----------

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but this forum, which is focused on WoW, is heavily populated by non-Americans. WoW is played all over the world. It's known in many countries, and it's it's even MORE known in America.

Counter strike is played all over the world by gamers. It's natural that people on this forum would all be quite familiar with CS, because this forum is populated by, surprise surprise, gamers.

Being well-known requires taking a sample from more than just a pool of gamers. General population? Even grandmas known about (and sometimes play) WoW.
    LOL. Ok, let me hold your hand through this one.

Your comment was borderline trolling. You're obviously in a thread that trying to discuss which is popular and you come in saying 'DOES ANYONE EVEN PLAY THIS GAME.' That's like me going into a Diablo thread and randomly asking if people still play it.

Had you used some intelligence you would have went to Steam site and noticed the game is still played...a lot

If you didn't care enough to go look, you shouldn't have replied at all. But instead, you wanted to be a prick and post something stupid that had no basis at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    LOL. Ok, let me hold your hand through this one.

Your comment was borderline trolling. You're obviously in a thread that trying to discuss which is popular and you come in saying 'DOES ANYONE EVEN PLAY THIS GAME.' That's like me going into a Diablo thread and randomly asking if people still play it.

Had you used some intelligence you would have went to Steam site and noticed the game is still played...a lot

If you didn't care enough to go look, you shouldn't have replied at all. But instead, you wanted to be a prick and post something stupid that had no basis at all.
    Ignorance is no reason to call someone a troll, and not everyone knows that Steam has that kind of information on their site, as not everyone uses Steam. And asking if anyone still plays this game is a perfectly legitimate question if you don't know. *Looks around his room at random unpopular games*, if I had made a thread, Too Human vs WoW, would it be an improper question to ask if anyone still plays Too Human? (I'm sure some people do, but for the most part no.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guess what?

If you think someone should be infracted, report them. I haven't received ANY reports from this thread recently.

This has also devolved into a flamefest. It was fine at first, but now it's just people calling others trolls, thinking that opinions are facts, etc., etc.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right