Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSM View Post
    I ordered from origin the beginning of this month, and my preorder hasn't been canceled. It must either be an error or something went wrong with your transaction.
    Nov. 28th here, also zero issue with my preorder. *knocks on wood*.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pre-ordered today. Going to get the game anyway, so I figure I may as well pre-load. If I get early access, great, if not, I still have a ton of games to play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSM View Post
    I ordered from origin the beginning of this month, and my preorder hasn't been canceled. It must either be an error or something went wrong with your transaction.
    Yeah I'm not exactly sure whats up. Going to get a hold of my family member who preordered it for me (on my card) and have them do it again. At first I thought it was a phish email, but the transaction #'s matched.

When did you order? I just purchased the digital version on December 8th and went thru fine.

Quote Originally Posted by minotaurz1 View Post
    When did you order? I just purchased the digital version on December 8th and went thru fine.
    November 14th..... and my credit card is a few months new with a positive balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe it's been 5-6 months since I've pre-ordered. Hopefully I'm in the first wave.

Yesterday, or perhaps the day before, Stephen Reid(community manager lead) said that even if you preorder right now you'll probably get at least a day of EGA.

I pre ordered it today, Honestly I'd expect that they monitor the amount of people actually using their early access and ease the initial load on the servers (ie see which areas need the most work) and let people in as they can ensure bug-free launch. I'd expect the people who literally pre order 2 days in advance to get 1-2 days but I don't see them making anyone who's pre-ordered before the date it starts to get nigh the maximum allowed days. You also get the black and gold lightsaber crystal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I would, considering how many servers they will have and that SR has tweeted many a time that they are remaining flexible as they want to be fair to everyone and that they are discussing a grace period again.(I'm thinking they have realised it really is a bad time of the year to release an mmo) IMHO If the waves OF the invite go without a hitch (Server stability wise) then they will possibly speed up this process and do more per day. So everyone in by day 2/3. That's what i have gathered from all the info out there at the moment.

If they bring the grace period back to allow for shitty Xmas mail delivery, then i'd be a really super happy bunny
    You called it.

I was unaware SR said they were now 'discussing' the possibility of Grace period again.

Here is perfection from EA/BW:

Reinstated official Grace Period of at least 1 week.

EVERYONE, and I mean people pre-ordering on Wednesday the 14th -- gets in by the 15th, for ~5 days of access (give or take some hours).

To the OP:

The game isn't going to get cheaper for a little while. So if you plan to buy within the first month or so,.. pre-ordering is smart. I'd recommend just going to Origin.com and doing the digital download. That way you ensure you get your game code emailed to you WAY before the launch date of the 20th. (EA owns Origin, so are taking care of these people).

It's the same money, same game,.. plus it is guaranteed to get no less than 2 days early access at this point. So you will get SOME Early access even ordering now.

I believe firmly that those who order from November onward will all be grouped with the last batch. So it really doesn't matter.

Go for it.

What is this grace period people are talking about? I'm only familiar with it in the context of things like mortgage payments and credit card bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    What is this grace period people are talking about? I'm only familiar with it in the context of things like mortgage payments and credit card bills.
    People who preordered a physical copy through, let's say Amazon, would need to wait until their copy shipped to their door, to continue playing after the 20th. This is with no grace period.

With a grace period, they'd be allowed to play for the allotted time after the official launch, without registering their code they get with the physical copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    I want early access so I'm not stuck w/ a crappy name. WTB name spots on random server...
    I've heard that you're guaranteed at least 1 day EA.
    ಠ_ಠ

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even in the extremely unlikely event that you don't get in even one day early, at least you'll get the color crystal and be able to download now and be ready to go. If you're sure that you're going to buy the game, there's no real reason not to preorder.

in the stress test they managed to get everybody on within 2 days. This may be abit larger but i cant see them spending all 7 days on it.

Deleted
    I only pre-ordered a few hours ago for the digital copy. Even if I get on a day early I will be happy Anything else is a bonus.

Deleted
    I don't think you should decide what game you will be playing in the future by whether you will play it a week earlier. If you know anyone else playing the game then get them to hold a name for you.

You'll probably get 3-5 days at least, don't worry.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle