New Graphics Card and Multiple Monitor Question

Hey all,

So a while back I wanted to upgrade my computer so after gathering some intel from these forums I ended up with:

Intel Core i5-2500K
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    MSI P67S-C43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics Card Scenario:
    Firstly, I have a radeon HD 5770 and 2 mounted monitors with a TV next to it. Im using 1 monitor and the tv as dual monitors atm.
    I was planning on getting a new graphics card but the general consensus was that a new processor etc would be better at the time. When I run wow and have a movie or something on it doesn't really perform as well as id hoped. Looking around bestbuy today I saw a HD 6770 for about 130 bucks and thought that seemed pretty good was just wondering if people think that will give me a noticeable performance boost in wow and COD as they're really the only games I play atm.

Multiple Monitor Scenario:
    Ive wanted to use all 3 screens (2 Monitors and TV) with my computer and although the box the 5770 came in said it supported 3 monitors I guess it needs some adapter to make that happen. The 6770 box claimed the same think and was wondering if perhaps somehow has a similar setup that worked with it

Any feedback's appreciated! Please and thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, if you want more than 2 monitorks plugged and running you'd need 2x Graphics cards.

What about crossfiring your gpu ?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Only looking to spend like 150 bucks really. So if thats something I would have to do I probably would just stick with two. If thats the case what do you think about upgrading to the 6770 from the 5770. Noticeable different in wow etc?

Generally, if you want more than 2 monitorks plugged and running you'd need 2x Graphics cards.
    Nah, it is only if you plan to use Eyefinity that you need another GPU. A 6770 isn't much different than a 5770, I would suggest saving up for a bit and getting a 6950 / GTX 570 down the line as it will have much better performance then two 5770's.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to use 3 monitors with an any 5700+ ATi card (no matter how many), you need a displayport native monitor or an active display port adapter, for nvidia, you need two GPU's in SLI, ie two 560's or one 590

also, if you really want to consider 3 monitors in surround/eyefinity (the game spread across all 3 screens) i would skip straight past the 6770 and go to dual 6970's, the GPU workload for eyefinity is quite high, and even dual 6870's have trouble keeping up in 25m combat
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2011-12-13 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    Only looking to spend like 150 bucks really. So if thats something I would have to do I probably would just stick with two. If thats the case what do you think about upgrading to the 6770 from the 5770. Noticeable different in wow etc?
    No, the 5770 and 6770 are the exact same card, just a renamed series. And for multiple monitors 2 of the 3 monitors have to be the exact same. I figured this, because thats how it is for nvidia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Hmmm alright guess ill save and get a 69xx or something. Thanks!

I would save a little longer supposedly the 7xxx series from AMD will be out at the beginning of the year. Which will most likely drive down other prices or you could pick up one of the new beasts.