Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Its easy

Measurements shows its to hard/impossible. They tune it down slightly.

Ok, move on.

This nerfs are done in order to allow Blood Legion get the WF before EU guilds will be unbanned I think. As you know this hotfixes will be applied only after server maintaince and there is a one day delay for this in EU region which will give US guilds a one day advantage to kill a nerfed version of spine before EU guilds will be allowed to do this and will be unbanned.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    This nerfs are done in order to allow Blood Legion get the WF before EU guilds will be unbanned I think. As you know this hotfixes will be applied only after server maintaince and there is a one day delay for this in EU region which will give US guilds a one day advantage to kill a nerfed version of spine before EU guilds will be allowed to do this and will be unbanned.
    Personally i think a permanent Ress sickness on all banned accounts for the rest of the year is the way to go, hell if they still get a WF then they really deserve it!

It's just odd that blizzard should panic and think fights unkillable because people aren't 7/8 in one week. Would have expected them to at least wait a few weeks for people to gear up before making this kind of fix.
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    It's just odd that blizzard should panic and think fights unkillable because people aren't 7/8 in one week. Would have expected them to at least wait a few weeks for people to gear up before making this kind of fix.
    This TBH.

If ICC is anything to go by we're going to be farming this place for months, and months, and months. Being 8/8 in the first 2 weeks kinda leaves nothing to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    Pretty sure pre nerf Spine was like pre nerf C'thun. (Impossible)
    I don't know about impossible, how about two or so more weeks of farming heroic loot?

It's not really nerfs, it's more of a balance issue they fixing. Blizz just throw out the content and balancing after the players have tried it on live.

Quote Originally Posted by methanar View Post
    Pretty sure pre nerf Spine was like pre nerf C'thun. (Impossible)
    Pretty much this

Cry,Cry,Cry

Impossible? Why?
    We are on the first reset now.
    Each guild are able to obtain more gear, wich consist more dps and heal. Just have to wait 1 or 2 weaks, and gear up a little bit.

Nowadays everybody want to kill all hc boss in prev hc gear....actualy, I have made the difficult harder on ultraxion to force guilds to gear up a little bit (maybe impossible in half 391 gear)....

Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    Pretty much this
    Except you know, Its only been out for 1 week, so your point is moot

Yor'sahj now brings 10 and 25m to the same difficulty mode. 25m was slightly harder prior, now it's even.

Spine was simply adjusted to make it possible. It basically required maximum Patchwerk damage potential but with target swaps. It was mathematically impossible to accomplish the required damage output. Not "looks to be" like Yogg. It simply was. The DPS requirement was even beyond what players would have been capable of doing with full 410 gear. Now it's simply possible but extreeeemmmeellyyy difficult.

People who are spouting "get more gear" haven't seen the math done on the fight. It was requiring about ~63k DPS PER PERSON to reliably handle the mechanics. That's Mists of Pandaria DPS levels with no number deflation.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-12-13 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resare View Post
    I don't know about impossible, how about two or so more weeks of farming heroic loot?
    The fight was projected to take like 30min or something ridiculous. Gear will help, but.. it's not going to cut a fight in half.

Deleted
    I play 10 mans yes, but I have also played 25 so you can't start the 25 vs 10 discussion since I have experience in both, and pretty much am not biased.

Yes, Yorsahj was easier on 10 man. Hagara is... well, can't really say since so many guilds used the shattering throw exploit and other bugs in that fight, but we had a hard time killing it. Warmaster is a lot harder on 10. This is why I posted why would you nerf 25 Yorsahj and not 10 Warmaster?

Spined had a very limited testing in PTR. Im pretty sure blizzard did not know the difficulty of the fight on the release and had to tune it down because it was overtuned completely. I actually expect more nerfs inc sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardorius View Post
    I play 10 mans yes, but I have also played 25 so you can't start the 25 vs 10 discussion since I have experience in both, and pretty much am not biased.

Yes, Yorsahj was easier on 10 man. Hagara is... well, can't really say since so many guilds used the shattering throw exploit and other bugs in that fight, but we had a hard time killing it. Warmaster is a lot harder on 10. This is why I posted why would you nerf 25 Yorsahj and not 10 Warmaster?
    Blizzard has been quick to nerf overtuned 25man content, but drag their feet when it comes to overtuned 10man content. Remember how long it took for them to fix H Magmaw and H Valiona for 10HM?

Deleted
    I think it adds up. My guild is ranked 40 something in 25man... world were like 500+?

we should see alot of guilds at 6/8 by thursday / sunday because of this. I just hope they are more 10mans, I like my 25man rank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    I think it adds up. My guild is ranked 40 something in 25man... world were like 500+?

we should see alot of guilds at 6/8 by thursday / sunday because of this. I just hope they are more 10mans, I like my 25man rank
    Under these circumstances, 25man rank is completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCabazo View Post
    Under these circumstances, 25man rank is completely irrelevant.
    Quite the opposite, 25 man rank means more when there is less people doing 25 mans. It's a way of showing you are battling adversity and going with the harder option.

It is too soon. What happened to having to gear up to beat an encounter these days? Deathwing should only be beatable in the best available gear...

I guess Blizzard panicked because the euro guilds are back this week and they want BL to get world first on spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    tuning =/= nerf

just for your info
    Nothing more needs to be said other than, way to over react.