Thread: Cancellation

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cancellation

I just woke up this morning, the day of launch for Early Access and had an e-mail in my inbox stating that Origin had canceled my pre-order digital download. I am curious if anybody else has received this e-mail. Of course I am ahead of schedule being deployed to Kuwait so not sure if it just did not take effect on my SWTOR account and also wondering if I am going to get EA still?

Any others having this issue?

Wow that blows, when did you order?

edit: i ordered from origin the 24th july, no mail like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kilitos View Post
    I just woke up this morning, the day of launch for Early Access and had an e-mail in my inbox stating that Origin had canceled my pre-order digital download. I am curious if anybody else has received this e-mail. Of course I am ahead of schedule being deployed to Kuwait so not sure if it just did not take effect on my SWTOR account and also wondering if I am going to get EA still?

Any others having this issue?
    My digital preorder (Nov 14th) was randomly cancelled today as well. No idea why...

your early access will still be intact as I know I've read many times that you can downright cancel your order and still get EA, but that is something to get cleared up before the 20th for sure

Edit: I will now be paranoid checking my email thanks guys (Origin digital order as well)

mine hasn't gotten canceled. But i payed mine in full. Maybe that has something to do with it?

My digital standard order from just a few days ago through origin is still fine.

Hmm, now I too am paranoid...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patstone View Post
    your early access will still be intact as I know I've read many times that you can downright cancel your order and still get EA, but that is something to get cleared up before the 20th for sure

Edit: I will now be paranoid checking my email thanks guys (Origin digital order as well)
    Uhhh, what? I'm not even sure what that means much less how true that is.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    That's pretty standard, really. It's not like they will take the time to revoke someone's pre-order code. Once it's been generated and given to someone it remains valid until the 20th rolls around.
    Reign In Power: WoW | SWTOR

The EA code is seperate from the game code, so as long as you have the EA code in, you'll get early access. I could cancel my order right now and still play this week. This is the reason the CE and DDE owners won't have all their digital items except the color stone until the 20th. To keep on playing past the end of EA, we'll need to have our actual game codes in.

When you pre-order, you are required to register the code on the swtor.com site. This tells me that swtor.com isn't linked to the retailers. If they have no way to know you pre-ordered without you telling them, how can they know you've cancelled? Plus it was openly discussed on the forums before the shutdown. Plus, its been said that cancelling your order in order to order from a dif retailer doesn't affect your order (yo dawg.....)

Angry

My wife and I both received emails from Origin this morning stating our orders have been cancelled.

On contacting EA support they claim this is because of incomplete information. We filled in all the required fields when we placed the order, so what information is missing? They suggest we re-place our orders, except how is that going to help when it will probably be cancelled again? And now we risk losing our early game access - the whole point of pre-ordering.

Why didn't they just email us to ask us about whatever information is incomplete instead of just cancelling the order.

My wife and I are both really upset and angry with EA about this. My wife pre-ordered for me as part of my birthday gift (on Saturday). We are trying our best to get EA to re-activate the order.

Well, I am going to call Origin this evening (Morning Stateside) and find out what is going on. I had ordered the DDE and not sure why but it got canceled. I know I only paid the pre-order fee so this time I am going to pay in full, if they allow me to get this corrected! lol Glad to know ill still be granted EA

Quote Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
    My wife and I both received emails from Origin this morning stating our orders have been cancelled.

On contacting EA support they claim this is because of incomplete information. We filled in all the required fields when we placed the order, so what information is missing? They suggest we re-place our orders, except how is that going to help when it will probably be cancelled again? And now we risk losing our early game access - the whole point of pre-ordering.

Why didn't they just email us to ask us about whatever information is incomplete instead of just cancelling the order.

My wife and I are both really upset and angry with EA about this. My wife pre-ordered for me as part of my birthday gift (on Saturday). We are trying our best to get EA to re-activate the order.
    Except, as stated multiple times above, as long as you received and inputted the preorder code, your early access won't be revoked. The only possibility at this point is an interruption of play on the 20th if you don't reorder through Origin.

Yes it sucks, yes it sounds odd that you seem to have filled out all applicable info but for some reason they are saying you didn't, however, your primary fear is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilitos View Post
    Well, I am going to call Origin this evening (Morning Stateside) and find out what is going on. I had ordered the DDE and not sure why but it got canceled. I know I only paid the pre-order fee so this time I am going to pay in full, if they allow me to get this corrected! lol Glad to know ill still be granted EA
    Can you toss a brother the phone number for the origin store?

Yes it sucks, yes it sounds odd that you seem to have filled out all applicable info but for some reason they are saying you didn't, however, your primary fear is moot.
    I filled in all possible fields and mine was cancelled. It's probably just a cover, for whatever reason. They don't even list a reason for cancelling. My CC is new as of September and has a positive balance.

Thank you for ordering from Origin. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or the manufacturer, the following was canceled from your order.

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for Cancellation
    STAR WARS(T 1 Other
    Last edited by iggie; 2011-12-13 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted

You wont lose the EA if the order is cancelled

Read the other posts here, it won't affect your Early access, as far as why it was cancelled, the most common reason I've heard is the credit card used expiring. Not sure if that's your issue, but depending on how long ago you ordered, maybe the card went out of date since then?

It's easier.. The system scans the order and cancels it if there was a flub in the order.. Much easier than a pair of eyes going through every order to make sure everything is there. We have a similar thing in my line of work that scans specific items and kicks them back out if they are incomplete.

Wow, this seems like a terrible mess up...like a Blizzard size mess up.

feel bad for digital/origin copies.

This is kinda why I trust hard copies and orders way more where physical currency was exchanged...I have several reciepts and pieces of paper to prove my pre-order and when I get the copy absolutely nothing will take it from me short of a SWAT team breaking into my house. Digital copies/contracts are such a bad idea I dunno why so many people do it.

What a retard move by Origin/whoever. This will likely hurt Bioware badly, hopefully they do something about it unlike Blizzard who would just blame it on the customer since they have no PR.

feel bad for digital/origin copies.
    Mine is still intact. Feel bad for people who filled stuff out wrong.