Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I got a feeling. That tonight's gonna be a good night. That tonight's gonna be a good good night.

I hope I have that stuck in your head now, just like the song is stuck in my head after reading the OP's thread title.

Anyhoo, considering Rift is still going strong and that was basically WoW with extra points placed in Realistic Graphics, I'd say SWTOR will do pretty well. It's got a lot of strong things going for it: a brilliant developer, a strong and rich IP with an incredibly extensive universe, and a well-timed release date: as much as I love WoW, I know full well that it's currently hitting a lull, just as it always does when a new expansion is on the horizon. SWTOR is hitting at just the right point to grab many subscribers from WoW.

Will it be able to keep those subscribers though? We can only wait and see. I'm sure both MMOs will be able to live alongside one another. They'll just provide strong competition for each other, which can only be a good thing for us subscribers.
    i dont know you but i know i hate you for having that damn song stuck in my head

but ot: i absolutely feel the game is got the right time right place factor going for it
    coupled with the people who have played wow since launch and are burnt out from it and just the people that feel wow isnt going the direction they want with mop
    and just the people alone who loved Star Wars movies and the Kotor series

i think at this point all they have to do is avoid a few simple mistakes alot of mmo's have made in the past and they should be ok and probaly sit at the #2 slot for a good while and as the game continues possibly take the #1 spot

i know that sounds sacrilegious to some people but its a very possible outcome

but ill leave this thought stuck in your heads:

What is love? baby dont hurt me......dont hurt me no more.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    Not really. It's in my opinion just bigger handled than other MMo's like Rift. EA is a big company, a very big (Not going to talk about their crappyness, but you get what I mean) So it gets more publicity from outside the Star Wars fan base.

So it'll last a bit longer, and die a little bit slower.
    And what MMOs that have come after WoW have died? Take note by die I mean their servers have to be completely shut down.

Deleted
    I have about the same feeling with SW:ToR as I had with Rift etc. So no, I don´t think it will compete with WoW.

THIS IS MY OPINION!

Deleted
    Rift was a sweet game. I'd pick it over SWTOR any day.