Poll: Will you dungeon crawl to 90

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else just going to dungeon crawl?

I personally cant stand the thought of leveling again without a flying mount so i think im just gonna dungeon crawl my way up to 90...anyone else gonna do this? If so: WHY? If not: WHY?......

10+ Year Old Account
    And miss out on most of the story? I think not!

Deleted
    I might be questin 3-4 of my 85's to 90 and do every quest with them on the way up. If the quests are fun i will continue questing my toons but if it sucks like bc/northend (on your way to 85) i'll dungeon spam them to 90.

Deleted
    Personally i think you're missing 99% of the game if you just "dungeon crawl" as you put it.

Nothing's more enjoyable on WoW than just sitting down with abit of food, a good amount of time and just... questing for the fun of it

The way i play is, do quests as much as i want and if i feel like a little bit of socializing / more teamwork fighting then i'll do a dungeon or a bg - because it adds to the enjoyment of leveling rather than Leveling as fast as possible through dungeons (Which btw Questing = 582958295 times faster).

Although it is important to play how you best enjoy leveling, if you like dungeoning go for it :P Just don't be too tunnel visioned and do Dungeons 24/7, maybe approach questing with an open mind

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    What this gentleman said. Pandaren aren't very well defined in the lore so far, and anything that explains their culture and the land they live in is, at least for me, not to be passed up. Of course I'll do dungeons, since there's story there... but I will be hellbent to absorb as much lore as humanly possible.

with what, 100? + quests per zone, there is too many to concentrate on or even read. The story is lost in the quest grind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    What this gentleman said. Pandaren aren't very well defined in the lore so far, and anything that explains their culture and the land they live in is, at least for me, not to be passed up. Of course I'll do dungeons, since there's story there... but I will be hellbent to absorb as much lore as humanly possible.
    I will level in place that gives me more loot (a.k.a. dungeons). Lore? Oooh please, what is lore nowadays? I used to ADORE Warcraft lore. Warcraft III and Frozen Throne had amazing storylines. But now... New WoW book is issued every few months. And many of those books/novels are not even connected to WoW quests! Lore became liability, not an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    No cuz once i get a flying mount at level 90 ill go back and the the quests in a way that doesn't involve running around for 2 hours...i love the story but i hate running around...

Quote Originally Posted by troyus View Post
    with what, 100? + quests per zone, there is too many to concentrate on or even read. The story is lost in the quest grind.
    You would be surprised as to how well I can pay attention to and memorize the story of a zone

Quote Originally Posted by Booze View Post
    I will level in place that gives me more loot (a.k.a. dungeons). Lore? Oooh please, what is lore nowadays? I used to ADORE Warcraft lore. Warcraft III and Frozen Throne had amazing storylines. But now... New WoW book is issued every few months. And many of those books/novels are not even connected to WoW quests! Lore became liability, not an asset.
    You would be incredibly surprised as to how closely the books interlock with in-game lore. Hell, the entirety of 4.3 is essentially based off of the aftermath of Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. And there's no need to be snide, it's my opinion. I think the lore's just fine and I continually look forward to new installments, regardless of the medium. You think it's outdated and bad, and don't care, obviously.

Also, questing will pretty much always give more loot, whether as quest rewards or BoE drops you don't have to compete for. The quality may be lessened, but that's besides the point. While questing, RNG is much less of a factor as to a) your desired slot piece even appearing and b) your chances of successfully looting said piece. At least as far as my experiences have gone.

Hell no! I may even actually read quest text this time around! I'll probably do each leveling dungeon once, and quest the rest of the time.

Levelling a monk to 90? You'll be dying to get into dungeons and spam them quick as you can around level 60, if not then, then the WotLK content, the levelling there REALLY starts to slow down, and the quests and lore there are outdated now.

85-90? Yeah, I'd probably do quests like I did in Cata. Levelling in Cata was amazing, and the dungeons provided a fresh challenge back then before all the nerfs, and I was one of those odd people who liked the Vashjir zone and storyline. There was some really good ones along the way, and the cutscenes showed some extra effort had been put into making the story more interesting, although the phasing needed some work. There was also the thing that sometimes, the layout of the zones or the placement of the questgivers, etc, hampered you even reading the quests properly as you picked them up. How could do while there was a raging battle, pvp going on as well, all right next to neutral npcs?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

i will quest most likely, with an odd dungeon thrown in here and there

Have you considered the fact they're probably very well aware that people don't like endless running around in annoying zones, and they they took this into consideration, when removing it for level 85-90 leveling?

It seems people are completely oblivious to the fact the game developers actually take things into consideration when making a choice, especially one like this. I for one fully expect the leveling experience from 85-90 to be very smooth and streamlined, in such a way that not having a flying mount won't feel like such an annoying grind as it has in previous expansions where flying was available for the leveling. They even said it at blizzcon: How fun is it to mount every 15 seconds after you kill a mob or two, fly for 10 seconds, fight again, re-mount 15 seconds later, etc, for 5 levels. It's stupid and annoying, but because of how leveling was previously it was, perhaps not a necessity, but it was very handy and made things easier. There's nothing stopping them from making the new zones easy (Even enjoyable) to navigate by foot/riding, since this is obviously their goal.

Think a little bit, before assuming things will be shit.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about the race to level cap and gearing up for raids as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post

Think a little bit, before assuming things will be shit.
    Even if in your mind they perfected the leveling experience somewhere someone isn't going to like it. People have different opinions deal with it.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to do whatever is fastest. Likely a mix of both. For Cata, I ran Blackrock until 81, quested in Hyjal till 82 and mostly quested the rest of the way to 85. I hit 85 in like 2 or 3 days. I'm hoping to get to 90 quickly as well but I'm thinking it might end up taking longer because of the no flying bs -_-

I also almost never read quest text. If I do it's because the summarized version isnt clear. Or if I'm doing something REALLY weird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

probably with my 3rd or 4rth alt
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Maybe on one alt eventually. I don't really have four reliable friends to chain dungeons with so it would be inefficient. There is also a good bit of gold to be made while questing.

And missing out on /who'ing my zone and seeing I'm the only one or one of 2-3 people there? Nah.

No.

Actually, let me rephrase that.

Hell no.