Question Steel series 6gv2

With the launch of BF3 I quickly learned the hard way, that my old keyboard couldn't cope with all the simultaneous buttons needed for flying jets/helis.
    So I ordered the keyboard mentioned in the topic.
    The buttons are already feeling less responsive and the text on them is heavily faded already. Space key won't pop back up when released.
    Now to my question:
    Is steel series shoddy quality? or was I just unlucky.
    I had a zboard back when they launched and it took me less than a year to wear one of those out. I had sadly forgotten that it was produced by steel series as well.

Deleted
    Hmm I just ordered that keyboard yesterday and should be getting it at the end of the week and I hope it won't be that bad. I did see a review where they said the paint wore off pretty quick though but that's a small minus. What isn't a small minus though is the feel of the buttons changing in that short period of time. I haven't heard much against it though so I really hope it's just you.
    Slightly OT the Qpad MK-50 looks pretty good as a competitor in the price range.

Deleted
    I dont think that I will ever use a keyboard other than Logitech G15. Been using it for 3 years now, even while I didn't have a job (1 year span) and was sitting infront of PC 75%+ of my time, paint is still intact and everything is working perfectly.

If I had to use another keyboard i'd probably go with Steelseries 7G, because I have loved their headsets and surfaces for a long time.
    Last edited by mmoc4ea3ad99ad; 2011-12-13 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    With the launch of BF3 I quickly learned the hard way, that my old keyboard couldn't cope with all the simultaneous buttons needed for flying jets/helis.
    So I ordered the keyboard mentioned in the topic.
    The buttons are already feeling less responsive and the text on them is heavily faded already. Space key won't pop back up when released.
    Now to my question:
    Is steel series shoddy quality? or was I just unlucky.
    I had a zboard back when they launched and it took me less than a year to wear one of those out. I had sadly forgotten that it was produced by steel series as well.
    It seems to be quite different for everyone. I've heard a lot of complaints at a Swedish forum about this, but also heard people saying that the keyboard is great and have worked flawlessly. The conclusion would be that the quality seems to be viable for discussion. Either it is their keyboards that are fragile or the user that is careless. Maybe it works great for those who are extremely careful of their keyboards, but not those who use it as you normally would. Maybe it only affects buttonmashers, who knows?

We definitely need more information on the matter to come to any form of proper conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    My 6gv2 has worked fine for 3 months now, and I keep mashing it like hell when I die in BF3. No problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had mine for about 9 months and the A and S keys are starting to fade their paint only slightly, it could actually just be finger dirt its so minimal. Other than that its been pretty solid, my right shift key did fall off the other day when i hit the very corner of it, but i could just reclip it back on.

Love it though and would get another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine has served me very well in WoW, SC2, and BF3 for about a year now. The keys haven't faded yet like they did with my Razer Lycosa, but some keys are no longer matte black, and instead are shiny. I regret not getting the 7G when playing BF3 though, my left wrist gets sore without that thing at the bottom of the keyboard supporting your hand.

6GV2 is good for what it is: a cheap mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Black switches. The build quality isn't outstanding but it's a lot better than most rubber pad keyboards; mine is still going strong after six months (and I intend to keep it much longer).

Not sure about your space bar - you can try removing the key and see if that helps (it just might be a little annoying to replace it, as it's presumably held by hooks given its size).