Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR & Vanq Tokens

Have you noticed that at least half the raid, if not more is on the vanquisher token? This being druids/mages/rogues/DK's . I usually see 13-15 sitting on the token each time. This has to be a real pain for those people who can only do LFR and one of those classes. I am glad I have other options but it would be nice to get 4 piece quicker with a RF piece or two.

Does anyone else seem to notice this?

From what I understand is that Vanquisher (at least based on loot table drop %'s) tokens are the higher drop rate and thus is why they have more classes on them and drop more.

Haven't you noticed that Vanq Tokens ... DROP ALL THE TIME! ............................................ WTB more Prot Tokens Thanks....

10+ Year Old Account
    Protector: 3
    Conqueror: 3
    Vanquisher: 4

At 25 people in the raid, it should be like

10 Vanquisher
    7.5 Protector
    7.5 Conqueror

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekdin View Post
    From what I understand is that Vanquisher (at least based on loot table drop %'s) tokens are the higher drop rate and thus is why they have more classes on them and drop more.
    I wish I saw that number in action instead of bad RNG luck. I never see it drop, it's always double protector and conq.

my main is a Spriest

the 2nd LFR i got into had 7 Priests, 4 Paladins and 3 warlocks.

whuddupwitdat
    [ -] <(-.-v) GTFO

Deleted
    Haha have you just noticed that this token is overpopulated?

Been that way since they came out with the distribution in WotLK.
    (I'll never understand why they decided to put these classes on the '4' token.)

It gets even better when only War/Hunt/Sham tokens drop. Oh my such a large amount of contenders there ...

Druids and mages have always been favorite classes of the community; dks were big in WotLK not that much anymore.
    It's especially bad this tier because rogues get free 397 weapons for 10k+tip. So everyone and their mothers play rogues in LFR.

(Just for the record; Blizzard has stated that this token drops more often than the other 2; at least 4:3:3. I'm not sure if that is actually true, it probably is.)

Oh well, had 5 Holy Paladins this weeks. Sucks to roll on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    It gets even better when only War/Hunt/Sham tokens drop. Oh my such a large amount of contenders there ...
    I love that! I'm the only shaman in my 10man raid group and we only have one warrior and one hunter. Both don't play regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's especially bad this tier because rogues get free 397 weapons for 10k+tip. So everyone and their mothers play rogues in LFR.
    I think we're going to have to have a discussion on the meaning of "free". I laughed very hard at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Oh well, had 5 Holy Paladins this weeks. Sucks to roll on that.
    '

Oh wow, and to think that I managed to always be the only holy paladin(if not only paladin overall) in 25man PuGs in WotLK :P

OT: I usually see a quite nice mix of tokens and users of said tokens. Too bad I only win anything on my mage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by hugsalotbear View Post
    Have you noticed that at least half the raid, if not more is on the vanquisher token? This being druids/mages/rogues/DK's . I usually see 13-15 sitting on the token each time. This has to be a real pain for those people who can only do LFR and one of those classes. I am glad I have other options but it would be nice to get 4 piece quicker with a RF piece or two.

Does anyone else seem to notice this?
    It's RANDOM.

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    '

Oh wow, and to think that I managed to always be the only holy paladin(if not only paladin overall) in 25man PuGs in WotLK :P

OT: I usually see a quite nice mix of tokens and users of said tokens. Too bad I only win anything on my mage.
    I got SIX healer priests (and a couple shadows) in one LFR this weekend

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said. The group distrobution is completely random. On my main (shaman), I've been in a group with 13 on a protector token and another with 11. It simply tries to fill up as quickly as possible without any concerns about which classes are chosen. Its still an extra chance for loot every week in case you don't get a drop in your main run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I think we're going to have to have a discussion on the meaning of "free". I laughed very hard at this.
    Oh fine . It costs you 20$ for guardian cubs if you don't own any of this hyperinflated game money.

How much is that nowadays anyway? Mowing 4 lawns? Doing 1 paper route?

Haha have you just noticed that this token is overpopulated?

Wether or not that is true I dont know but i've been doing LFR on 3 chars and theres never been more than 1 rogue in any of the groups i've done. Rogues and warlocks feel by far the rarest classes in PUG raids such as BH and LFR this expansion.

meh completely random

yeh theres usually more on that token but it also drops more often.

Allthough this week I was a bit pissed at the dps DK with 397 tier shoulders who rolled need and won TWO tokens, then tried to sell one, tried being the operative word.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only see vanquisher tokens when i'm NOT using LFR with druid, rogue, dk or mage..^^ same goes for my other alts so i cant tell if they have a higher drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you have noticed my pain :P but it's alright. I have so far won the gloves and shoulder token for my Mage and almost got the chest piece last week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Yes, the Vanquisher token has more users and a higher drop rate.

Realistically, the token classes need to be mixed up. Vanquisher has 3 very popular classes on it while Protector has 2 fairly unpopular classes at the moment. Basing if off population statistics, I wish it was something like:

Rogue/DK/Mage/Shaman (2 popular/2 unpopular)
    Warrior/Hunter/Druid (2 popular/1 unpopular)
    Paladin/Priest/Warlock (1 extremely popular/2 semi-unpopular)

What is sad fact regarding the loot in DS; barely any tanking gear is available.

You have several bosses without any sort of tanking drops.