Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hi Res Graphics?

For you guys in... Do you see "Hi Res" graphics or same as beta?

Deleted
    The game didn't even patch 50MB since the last Beta weekend, it's almost the same build as the December beta.

Deleted
    The beta graphics were hi-res for me, dunno what you've been playing :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The beta graphics were hi-res for me, dunno what you've been playing :P
    well since hi-res wasnt in last weekend beta.. and greyed out in the stress test.. i dont know what youve been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    well since hi-res wasnt in last weekend beta.. and greyed out in the stress test.. i dont know what youve been playing.
    Maybe it was the "I need glasses" game :P

Deleted
    TB says it has improved since Beta

Totalbiscuit
    Graphics quality has visibly increased since beta

Quote Originally Posted by VikingMaekel View Post
    Thank goodness. The textures were probably my biggest complaint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Maybe it was the "I need glasses" game :P
    nah, the game looked great.. deffo no hi-res textures though. the patch could have unlocked those settings but i wont know till im playing myself :P

Quote Originally Posted by Faw View Post
    The game didn't even patch 50MB since the last Beta weekend, it's almost the same build as the December beta.
    I guess you didn't get the memo?

You were supposed to uninstall the Beta build and install the new client and re-download.

It's clearly written in the email what you're supposed to do. Not kidding either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingMaekel View Post
    I don't think that's true. Placebo maybe...

The game didn't really patch since last beta, so how should they have patched high-res textures in

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post

You were supposed to uninstall the Beta build and install the new client and re-download.

It's clearly written in the email what you're supposed to do. Not kidding either.
    I had the nov 25th+ beta, and they said you don't have to uninstall if this was the first client you installed.

Deleted

I guess YOU didn't get the memo, or misunderstood something.

The overall beta was to be uninstalled, if you played the weekend beta, all you need to do is patch.

I don't think that's true. Placebo maybe...

The game didn't really patch since last beta, so how should they have patched high-res textures in

I had the nov 25th+ beta, and they said you don't have to uninstall if this was the first client you installed.
    Yes..so did I..and I got an email that CLEARLY STATED, uninstall the Beta client and re-download.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes..so did I..and I got an email that CLEARLY STATED, uninstall the Beta client and re-download.
    You had no need, I got the email too.

If you had the client from Nov 25th or onwards, you did not need to re-download.

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    I guess YOU didn't get the memo, or misunderstood something.

The overall beta was to be uninstalled, if you played the weekend beta, all you need to do is patch.
    I see I see...

It was just you weekend beta testers..got it.

My mistake

@FAW
    Just because the features were greyed out doesn't mean they weren't in the content you downloaded for the beta. They could have easily just removed the option to turn certain things on.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2011-12-13 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    @FAW
    Just because the features were greyed out doesn't mean they weren't in the content you downloaded for the beta. They could have easily just removed the option to turn certain things on.
    That would make absolutely no sense, because they wouldn't implement the high-res textures into the beta to make the download smaller.

That would make absolutely no sense, because they wouldn't implement the high-res textures into the beta to make the download smaller.
    Not exactly, they wouldn't even care how big your download was since it was the beta.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

The weekend beta was nothing but a stress test. They don't care about graphics at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    Not exactly, they wouldn't even care how big your download was since it was the beta.
    The weekend beta was nothing but a stress test. They don't care about graphics at this point.
    Actually that's the reason for not implementing high-res textures lol. They've said it before

Deleted
    Actually that's the reason for not implementing high-res textures lol. They've said it before
    please quote something from nov 25+

perhaps, and this is a "stretch of the imagination"...but since the option for high-res was greyed out, but still there as a visible slider...don't you think perhaps all the data needed had ALREADY been installed, and it was locked off...and all they needed to do was flick a switch to allow it to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI