What's with the Mature language filter?

Anyone else who cant turn this off permanently?

Any word on repairing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just a bug, expect it to be fixed by/after 4.4. :|

It's an issue for everyone. Blizz has stated in some blues somewhere that they are aware of it and it should be fixed in the future. The blue post even went so far as to suggesting that you ALT-F4 or quit wow without "logging out" to save the option the way you want.

It didn't work for me, but it's always worth a shot.

Until then, #$%^#$&!
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do." --Oscar Gamble 79 Yankees

I'm wondering how rape is cleared in it but rapist is not... I mean one who rapes is a rapist rite? lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Personally the game would be a much nicer place if it was kept on, and anal was blocked.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I'm wondering how rape is cleared in it but rapist is not... I mean one who rapes is a rapist rite? lol
    You just reminded me of that old thread where that dude was bemoaning the fact his char called Therapist got banned... flamefest ^^

OT - yeah I hate the bug so much... the oddest words are blanked out... for example: Dildo

It's neither a swear word, or specifically offensive in it's own right...

Maybe me and my guildies need to use more clean and wholesome family-friendly words instead of trying to shame pirates :<

While i found it annoying at the start, i've found fun with some guild members trying to find words that blizzard doesnt note as swears (though this could be an Australian/American thing)

EG: Piss.

People already mispell various words to ensure their stupidity goes noticed so that would not help much.
    It is just unfortunate that a filter is deemed necessary at all.

To be honest you don't even need the curse addon. Just alt+F4 out of the game once you deselect it. It fixes.

Deleted
    Perhaps cause of grape -the filter filters all substrings so if they would filter, you would end up with g"§("$)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely !@#$in %^&*ed.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

I remember when harassment was censored, language filter leads to good times.

Deleted
    I wonder why "homo" is censured.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You just reminded me of that old thread where that dude was bemoaning the fact his char called Therapist got banned... flamefest ^^
    I... need to get home... and grab... this name...

This thread reminded me of an unforgettable scene in The League...
    "Do you see yourself more as a rapist who does magic, or a magician who also likes to rape?"
    And i gotta get that addon tomorrow, it´s getting too annoying forgetting to turn the filter off!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like when I played Runescape, 8+ years ago.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

I just feel that I shouldn't have to get another addon to simply fix something that is broken. Plus it's kind of fun to try and decipher what my guildies are trying to say.