[RET] Did you stop pre p(r)oting?

So, im curious, are other rets who aim for top rankings still using 4 set pre prot bonus for longer GoAK on fights where it can be used, now when we are breaking 4T12.
    Basicly, now without it, and only 20 sec zeal, if we want to line zeal with those last 20 sec of pre proted GoAK, we lose our pre pot, and delay our zeal/wing for 20 second which is quite a bit. Only good thing about it, is that we for sure will have 5 stacks for AoK in that time.
    Id test that, but no point doing it on dummy, when its so hard to get aok stacks in time for first zeal wings like otherwise in raid, and i dont have time to go to LFR before tommorow raid.

Depends completely on estimated fight length. Generally, you don't want to wait too long to pop your cooldowns. However, if you know a fight is say, 7 minutes long, and you won't clip or miss your last cooldown rotation by waiting a little extra to pop wings/zeal, then I would say pre-potting is still viable. So it depends.

[RET] Did you stop pre p(r)oting?
    No.

Regardless how you slice it, longer CD - more dps. 4P FTW.

This is gonna be kinda hard to fathom: What if, you prepotted and used GoAK right at the start. And then.....you used GoAK again later and you potted then also.

The answer is that the world would explode and you obviously shouldn't be doing this or you're no better than Deathwing.

Quote Originally Posted by NaaBcAke View Post
    So, im curious, are other rets who aim for top rankings still using 4 set pre prot bonus for longer GoAK on fights where it can be used, now when we are breaking 4T12.
    Basicly, now without it, and only 20 sec zeal, if we want to line zeal with those last 20 sec of pre proted GoAK, we lose our pre pot, and delay our zeal/wing for 20 second which is quite a bit. Only good thing about it, is that we for sure will have 5 stacks for AoK in that time.
    Id test that, but no point doing it on dummy, when its so hard to get aok stacks in time for first zeal wings like otherwise in raid, and i dont have time to go to LFR before tommorow raid.
    Makes no sense, longer Goak will always be superior to shorter Goak if you use it at time 0.

First, get rid of AOK for a DS trinket, it's a very clumsy trinket and waiting for it to reach 5 stacks has cost me some ranks.

Now lets forget AoK. Since you should use GoaK at the start, why would you not want a longer duration ? Your argument makes no sense, of course if you wait the last 20s of GoaK your prepot goes all into a non CD time.

Fight in 1s:
    Prot T11 Goak 45s
    Prepot 25s

So now you have a 25s window where both are active but Goak takes between 13 to 15s to reach 20stacks for me, it doesnt take 25s therefore waiting for the last 20s is optional in a 45s GoaK and if you use it at 30s with 20 stacks its fine.

So you want to use Wings/Zeal between somewhere between 5s to 15s into the fight due to pot andd GoAK window.
    If you use it at 5s you get full prepot during burst but start at around 5-7 stacks of Goak and reach 20stacks in the middle of your burst phase.
    If you use it at 15s you get full GoaK but only 10s pot.

I personaly use Zeal/Wings around 10s to 15s in as soon as I can in this window after a 3HP inquisition that should last the 20s of the Zeal/Wings window, this is also due to the time it takes EoU to reach 10stacks.

PS: All this is assuming you want to pot a second time into the fight and therefore that you prepot.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2011-12-13 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    Depends completely on estimated fight length. Generally, you don't want to wait too long to pop your cooldowns. However, if you know a fight is say, 7 minutes long, and you won't clip or miss your last cooldown rotation by waiting a little extra to pop wings/zeal, then I would say pre-potting is still viable. So it depends.
    Yeah but thats the whole point, you can do that to calculate stuffs few weeks after progress time, when chasing wols and stuff, during progress, you dont have idea how long will fight be long (unless it have hard enrage timer)

@ Rezoacken, its a bit bold to ditch AoK yet, eou is usualy replacing hc rag trinket , for most people, but yeah if you had bad exp with it , i can understand your frustration with it.
    Anyway, opening looks interesting now without 35 sec zeal, having to squeeze aok while catching healty time of goak, while pre pot is fading away.

You don't have to use Zealotry and AW on the last 20 seconds of Guardian. If you do the 45 second Guardian, just use them as soon as you get 20 stacks on Guardian. If you're using Apparatus, just use it 4-5 seconds into Zealotry/AW for maximum effectiveness.