Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Theres 16 pages discussing the issues and proposing fixes (mainly, Band aid: 10% ap. Real fix: Scaling over static AP from Hawk/Hunters Mark). Go read the topic before making stupid comments, thank-you very much.
    i refered to the OP who didnt provide any usefull information...

Or is it the new way to say "i hate it, do something" - "i dont know whats the problem and i cant give any ideas too" and the next few Poster need to identify the problem for him/her and the next few poster after the first come up with suitable ideas ....
    So till the other Guys pointed out some information it was just a Mimimi threat like i said before

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Or is it the new way to say "i hate it, do something" - "i dont know whats the problem and i cant give any ideas too" and the next few Poster need to identify the problem for him/her and the next few poster after the first come up with suitable ideas ....
    So till the other Guys pointed out some information it was just a Mimimi threat like i said before
    Why do you think anyone cares, though. The topic is what, a few weeks old by now - the OP might not even check it. We've had plenty of good discussion out of it, so you coming in, and yelling "THE OP DIDN'T CLARIFY WHAT HE MEEEENT" is just as bad as your... Mimmi threat? Is that even a thing? A threat from a girls name? Erh. I... I just think I'm gonna call it quits here. We're clearly both drunk from christmas dinners, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

There was a thread on the OFFICIAL forums which was 8-9 pages long with some of the best hunters in the EU and US explaining why hunters were bad, identifying why, and giving solutions to fix it. Did blizzard take any notice? nope.

I believe the logic is pretty simple:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir2k View Post
    But why? How is this at all a logical way to run a business? Let's assume the WoW population is ~10 million and apx 10% of those are people that play the Hunter class. That's roughly 1 Million people that are playing a poorly developed class. This isn't a significant reason to do something?
    It's fairly accurate to assume that the number can reach easily the double of your proposal. That would be 2 million hunters.

And not only simple Hunters, but most of us are the retarded hunters that love our characters so much that we struggle through any shit Mr. Doubleshifter throws us.
    So, why Mr. Doubleshifter have to worry on working only part-time with our balance, if we will play with a complete or a partial work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Not everyone can be the best of the best all the time. We hunters have had our time to be on top. Share the spotlight a little and ffs have fun playing the class, or reroll like the rest of em.

I agree hunters are not top DPS this tier, but we aren't low enough to worry about. Sure there are some fights where we don't perform as well as others, there are also fights where we do very well.

You win some, you lose some.

Plus I like beating people and then calling them bad for being beat by a hunter. :P
    This absolutely.
    OT: Oh my god Dhryke, your transmog is SO awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Realization View Post
    This absolutely.
    OT: Oh my god Dhryke, your transmog is SO awesome.
    There's a difference between being on top or competitive for top and just being a feasible option.

1. We are a Pure DPS class. If all we bring is DPS and it's not up to snuff with what others bring, why use us?
    2. We have little to no utility. All Hunter utility (and 90% of our defenses) are tied into an outdated and outdesigned kiting concept that can't be used in raiding.
    3. No active defense. We have Deterrence which doesn't block anything except 2 mechanics in all of Dragon Soul and Raptor Strike which requires melee. Neither of which are beneficial for high raid damage encounters like Blackhorn to assist the healers. We're the only class without damage reduction and/or self heals.

So what did we learn? A Pure DPS class bringing subpar damage and has no utility or defensive mechanics that would warrant their use. Hunters might not be drastically BAD but we're certainly a liability in comparison with any other class/spec option for the raid slot.

I had a 20 page thread on the PTR boards and a post capped thread in the Hunter and DDF forums with comments from Hunters like Maglio of Blood Legion fame citing issues and not a single thing was addressed. The only thing we got told was after the Class Q&A session was about our poor scaling (since I basically spammed them the message) saying how they know it's an issue but buy MoP for the fix. Really Blizzard? o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenska View Post
    So you claim hunters have so many problems but you had 2 season with a rank 1 viable comp and spent 2 full tiers as hands down the best DPS class and now that other people are brought up to your level you are whining? This is rich.

Rerole a ret pally and then you might have something to whine about.

---------- Post added 2011-12-14 at 07:54 AM ----------

So while he may be 16 in there raid they also have 13 casters with legendary staves. not really proving any point with this little tid bit.
    a good ret should theoretically outdo a hunter in raid's tbh with you.
    ret has viable R1 comp's also, ever heard of jimos? sure he plays with braindeadly(arguably one of the best hunter's in pvp atm) but jimos pull's his weight, he pushes his class to the max, that's what blizz aim shit on, basing their sims on players getting as close to 100% out of their char's.
    Otherwise if they balanced it on the mediocre social playerbase then the hardcore would be incredibly overpowered compared to the casuals.

---------- Post added 2011-12-27 at 08:02 AM ----------

To note from my personal experience as a hunter raiding in a casual guild in DS 8/8N.
    First week i felt ok, not good, not bad but just ok i did DPS req's for fights and it was NP.
    second week, our 2 mages gear up and reforge for fire stats, our boomkin get's his legendary, rogue get's new dagger's.
    I feel quite weak compared to our other raider's now(all competant sans 1)
    To put this in perspective about the 1 i mentioned he used to pull 22-24k on HC baleroc as an elemental shaman.
    I used to pull 28-30k solid dps on baleroc HC.
    he now puts out 24-26k+ dps, and i am roughly at the same number on a fair few fight's.
    i then go into LFR on my hunter with one of my guilds mages(given the one who performs less than the other currently) i outdps him on most fight's but by an incredibly mediocre 0.5% in the most part and at time's he is beating me.
    I used to be the guild's top dps in FL for the most part some fight's changed(rhyo adds+ rag adds favouring boomkin along with their already great dps single target).
    Then the real shit hit the fan, first night on MoD N, i hit 38k.. a clear L2P issue for me being new to the fight but still after the weeks have gone past and am eventually running with a high mastery reforging pattern i can scrounge a 40-43k on most attempts(was 40k on kill, was sloppy) still in the bottom 3 dps in my guild of which i would of unquestionably topped back in FL despite being mostly outgeared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    And i love your reasoning... "hunters will get fixed in 6 months or more, why complain about not being able to enjoy the game for those 6 months"
    I pay, i demand, simple as that.
    The 10% was just an example, the idea behind my post was: A quick fix from Blizzards side could break the average hunter/make them too OP.

Where did I ever say that people should wait 6 months and that they shouldnt complain? I said that I think that is Blizzards reason why they have no fixed hunters yet.

Also the noobs pay too, they have equal demand for a class that works for them as you, so Blizzard won't fix the class with a fix that breaks hunters for the noobs or average players.

I know and completely understand that it is shit to hear, but I honestly think there is no easy and quick fix for hunters at the moment and that Blizzard decided to let their resources (read: employees) on MoP balance instead of putting alot of time in a fix that only matters for 1 or 2 months: At that time all top guilds will be done with progress in DS anyways.

Again: I never said wait 6 months, I said that I think that that is the opinion of Blizz, but certainely not mine, I'd love to see a fix that fixes top hunters while not breaking the avg hunter.

@Demios: Switch to survival, currently the best spec, allows me to pull 2k more dps on Ultraxx
    Last edited by mmoc58074849ee; 2011-12-27 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    The 10% was just an example, the idea behind my post was: A quick fix from Blizzards side could break the average hunter/make them too OP.

Where did I ever say that people should wait 6 months and that they shouldnt complain? I said that I think that is Blizzards reason why they have no fixed hunters yet.

Also the noobs pay too, they have equal demand for a class that works for them as you, so Blizzard won't fix the class with a fix that breaks hunters for the noobs or average players.

I know and completely understand that it is shit to hear, but I honestly think there is no easy and quick fix for hunters at the moment and that Blizzard decided to let their resources (read: employees) on MoP balance instead of putting alot of time in a fix that only matters for 1 or 2 months: At that time all top guilds will be done with progress in DS anyways.

Again: I never said wait 6 months, I said that I think that that is the opinion of Blizz, but certainely not mine, I'd love to see a fix that fixes top hunters while not breaking the avg hunter.

@Demios: Switch to survival, currently the best spec, allows me to pull 2k more dps on Ultraxx
    Not sure why this discussion about whether to wait or not wait for 6 months is going on.

The true question remains: Why did blizzard ignore hunters while they where patching every class. Blizzard was warned that hunters would fall behind with the buffs to other classes. Remember that the 10% AP buff to melee was supposed to be a fix on heavy moment fights. So basically when DS came out they finally balanced the DPS in FL. In all the stack and spank fights in DS I've to move just as much as melee making the "buff" to melee kinda moot. Blizzard achieved exactly the opposite of what they intended too. A change that could have been prevented if they just would have payed some attention to the community.

So try to answer that question: Why did blizzard not listen to the feedback given? Feedback that was given during the process of balancing specs.

Deleted
    So, a rant disguised as a plea to the logic of Blizzard? Uhm. Ok? I hear Hunter's make Gladiator too, maybe you should ask them what you're doing wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    So, a rant disguised as a plea to the logic of Blizzard? Uhm. Ok? I hear Hunter's make Gladiator too, maybe you should ask them what you're doing wrong.
    Wrong topic bro, PvE problems only...

Deleted
    You've no clue what you're talking about, do you?

What i will agree with the OP is that mages are being buffed again which is tottaly retarded were they not satisfied with being OP from 3.2 until now ??? thats major favoritism right there i dont know anything about hunter problems since i dont play one but the buffing mages every patch deal is rediculuos

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard had categorically ignored every post from BETA players that carefully detailed the impending shortcomings of the class if changes were not made, WELL before the patch dropped. They have gone so far as to delete threads on their forums that discuss these issues in great detail and ban the original posters (as well as some who replied). You are absolutely NOT allowed to even mention how OP mages have become and continue to be or it is a perma-ban.

So for whatever reason they have decided that approximately 10-11% of their playerbase is not worth their time and they have no interest in enhancing the gameplay, or enjoyability of the game for these people.

It's just beyond bizzarre behavior. It is borderline vindictive.
    Last edited by Mjolnir2k; 2011-12-27 at 08:26 PM.

What are problems that they 'refuse' to address?

Jesus christ...read the rest of the thread before you just post drivel.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if serious, or just a blatant attempt at trolling.

So, you're saying we should attach ourselves, lamprey-like to the best players around and ride them to glory in both PvP and PvE? Good show, old chap.

Hunters are in the same boat as a lot of classes. Their pve dps is fine and Blizzard has already done a lot of work on pets in the past ( pets were the main reason hunters haven't been brought to Heroic Madness of Deathwing kills ). You gotta just accept these things for the moment and wait for 5.0, but if you really want a reply go to WoW forums.

Nothing is getting fixed because they don't acknowledge issues we have, simple as that.

Reroll a Mage if you want a bug less, easy-to-play hunter gameplay.